Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Lionmouth

I miss Taomeow

I too am Missing Mistress Meow!!!

Some heavy diminishings lately... Taomeaw, Brian, Limahong...

sigh...

To quote the hatter: 

what's wrong with you Alice?

you've lost much of your muchness...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

I too am Missing Mistress Meow!!!

Some heavy diminishings lately... Taomeaw, Brian, Limahong...

sigh...

To quote the hatter: 

what's wrong with you Alice?

you've lost much of your muchness...

If I`m remembering correctly, both Taomeow and Brian left in the wake of conflicts with fellow Bums over on the Trump Talk thread.  Others feel differently I know, but I humbly suggest that Off Grid political conversation does the board more harm than good.  I miss them too and would gladly forego all the Trump talk in the world for more Taomeow and Brian talk.

(Edit to add that yes, I`m someone who often posts in the very thread I`m objecting to here.  As one of my best friends often says, "we live in contradiction.")

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Taomeow still views the forum on occasion, I fell sure that one day Brian will return, and Lima isn't gone, he is just hiding.

But all things will pass.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Taomeow still views the forum on occasion, I fell sure that one day Brian will return, and Lima isn't gone, he is just hiding.

But all things will pass.

This place isn't the same without TM - and I miss Brian (mostly for arguing with :) ) - but I still miss him.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

This place isn't the same without TM - and I miss Brian (mostly for arguing with :) ) - but I still miss him.

Yeah, it's fun arguing with Brian even though he is right most of the time.

And I know a lot of members miss Taomeow.  Almost always very uplifting for others.

Perhaps one day the cycle will be complete and they will be back.

• Like 2

Just now, EmeraldHead said:

Who is Meow and what is the best cat advice he gave on this forum?

Taomeow is the cats pajamas and her advice is hard to rank, she always took great care with answering to the point and to whomever she was adressing in advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also:

WTF IS BRIAN IN EXILE TOO?! 

I’ve been offline a lot so i hadn’t even noticed, that is a bad sign.

Hope you guys are doing well at least. Never mind us, we’re still here, arguing and slinging it, filling voids and responsibilities, dont think of us, nono, never mind! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

she always took great care with answering to the point and to whomever she was adressing in advice.

Isn't knowledge more important than attitude, in a martial arts community?

• Thanks 1

Taomeow's trails criss cross thoroughly throughout the midst of this digital realm with impeccable precision, wit and adroit wisdom born of a deep well and a challenging life.  That she shared so openly here for so long is a gift I cannot repay, but will endeavor to nontheless...

Taomeow shared generously for years her insights and observations, born of her direct experience and her diligent pursuit of the energetic arts.  A rare individual

I feel innately comfortable around people who unapologetically share their authentic nature and don't adjust, filter, or hide it to assuage the potential fragility, or expectations and projections of others.  I find I need the authentic light people carry in their awareness to reflect aspects of my own self that are not readily observable from inside my own fish bowl. 

Authentic people, even when I don't agree with them, provide this type of mirror in their candor and frank, honest authenticity.  It is a rare gift to be presented with... to have a person willing to shake you up a bit and not be interested or willing to present a filtered version of interaction they think will keep me from being uncomfortable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, EmeraldHead said:

Isn't knowledge more important than attitude, in a martial arts community?

Good question EH, our missing friend will surely appreciate.

@Apech & @Marblehead i’d like to hear yours on this!

bear with me...

So knowledge is VERY important and it encompasses a productive attitude imho. Also, while on the subject of attitude: dont you need a certain set of attitudes to gain and develop knowledge?

While some people who are into Daoism might argue both attitude and knowledge are of the conditioned realms and might even be hindrances to ones further travels on the Way i’m prone to a more ”yes but no, maybe but not so much and perhaps even if and then” type of rambling and fence-sitting.

Knowledge is paramount. Of Self, of Humanity, of Sky, of Earth, of all the celestial subdivisions and phases etc.

Attitude is equally important to me, especially when viewed as a mindset and the options to adjust it so that further insight and progress can be enabled. Not a particular one in general, except that Lao Tzus three treasures of humility, frugality and i forget the third are never wrong to adopt.

What you’ll find with many Daoist scholars and teachers is their ability to discern context and bring the pivotal points out for a specific situation or person. They’ll follow up with some balancing info and perspective changes to account for the more or less obvious permutations and contraddictions but in general the attitude is to see what is there and what is in important relation to it.

Like in the I King, the ”unnatural” changes are described by hexagrams and decoding those is an art and a science. There’s only so many but they reveal specific patterns and predict aberrant shifts to those in the know.

So, knowledge and attitude are hard to separate if you want the first one to thrive and the second to improve.

Also:

we’re a Martial Arts community now??!!

HOW MUCH HAS CHANGED THESE LAST FEW MONTHS AND WHY WASN’T I INFORMED AT LEAST a little earlier perhaps, pardon the outburst it was a mere jest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Lao Tzus three treasures of humility, frugality and i forget the third are never wrong to adopt.

Compassion, frugality, humility.

Sorry.  I had to do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good question EH, our missing friend will surely appreciate.

@Apech & @Marblehead i’d like to hear yours on this!

I would put attitude over knowledge.  With a good attitude we will seek out the best knowledge to enable us to do whatever.

• Thanks 1

we’re a Martial Arts community now??!!

HOW MUCH HAS CHANGED THESE LAST FEW MONTHS AND WHY WASN’T I INFORMED AT LEAST a little earlier perhaps, pardon the outburst it was a mere jest.

Yes.  This is now a martial arts forum.  Kick ass first then take the names of any survivors.  The non-survivors become spirits of the old spirituality forum.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Compassion, X and Y.

Sorry.  I had to do that.

Marbs, are you actually saying you’re sorry for correcting my faulty and expressedly incomplete enumeration of these three esteemed treasures?

Friend of mine if you ever need a second in a duel or something else, holler at me and i will talk you out of it to the best of my abilities. <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

she amused me)

Don’t take this the wrong way but judging from the joyfully smiling man in your picture i get the feeling you’re easily amused. 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Who is Meow and what is the best cat advice he gave on this forum?

Her ... and it was the 'handbags of the Gods'  claim    :D     

' Just like the doctors bag that he would bring when I was a little girl '  ;

Gobekli-Tepe.jpg

And some other stupid things, that when I  challenged  her on them she would go irate,  irrational, insulting  and ranty   :) 

yyhhtytrtrff.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Taomeow is the cats pajamas and her advice is hard to rank, she always took great care with answering to the point and to whomever she was adressing in advice.

:D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Also:

WTF IS BRIAN IN EXILE TOO?! 

I’ve been offline a lot so i hadn’t even noticed, that is a bad sign.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this