wandelaar

Wrong?

2 hours ago, flowing hands said:

Feng and English agrees with what I was taught by Li Erh

What do you mean "taught by Li Erh?" Li Erh, aka Lao Tsu is the author of Tao Te Ching. Is there another written work or did he appear to you in spirit?

Edited by Lost in Translation

Is there a sub-forum somewhere on The Dao Bums (or can it be created) where one can have a decent discussion on the basis of arguments and facts, and where one can make some real progress in understanding philosophical Taoism without topics  being continually sidetracked by Bums telling me that I am not supposed to think or reason, that "all is one", that "anything goes" and that everything is subjective and/or up to our own personal interpretation of truth. If those things were actually true, than philosophical Taoism as one of the many ways of Taoism would be just as legitimate as the watered down postmodern/nondual/New Age version. There are all kinds and forms of Taoism here on The Dao Bums and I largely stay away from those that I consider incorrect. I let each Bum follow his of her own path. Paradoxically it doesn't work the other way around. That's why I am currently thinking about the possibility of a sub-forum especially for philosophical Taoists. Is there indeed such a possibility?

Edited by wandelaar

Yeah, I could see your frustration.

A while back we did a study of the TTC.

All Chapters were studied and are still available for input and discussion.  In this study we stayed strictly with the philosophy.

The chapters can be found by looking for threads titled like this:

You are welcome to revive discussions of any of the Chapters.

• Like 3

@ Marblehead

Good idea! :D

I will take a look, and most likely there will still be some interesting things in those threads for me to have a discussion about.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

What do you mean "taught by Li Erh?" Li Erh, aka Lao Tsu is the author of Tao Te Ching. Is there another written work or did he appear to you in spirit?

Along with Hua Tuo Xian Shi and Chi Tien Da Shen, Li Erh Xian Shi has been one of my teachers for 34 years

• Like 2