Lightseeker

LMP, SonOfTheGods, Mercury Fire Blood and Honey

Ahem I believe this version as a parody of something else fits the theme of current replies.

I hold no opinion either way but love a good laugh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I guess imitation is flattering for my lineage Longman Pie that has been authenticated since antiquity.

The Gold Standard everybody else is striving for and comparing themselves with. 

Edited by Mudfoot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

The Gold Standard everybody else is striving for and comparing themselves with. 

I don't doubt it, but its not like there are schools teaching it everywhere.  It's seems so rare that if I plug 'Longman Pie Chicago' into Google I get restaurants and pie recipes.   Which is too bad.  

or maybe not.  things get too popular, they dilute. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

Can you send the link for an actual school

I would, but then I'd have to kill you. :ph34r:

kidding. these days its only 4 days of merciless internet trolling.

I'm not a part of the school and was surprised that in a town as large as Chicago, some sort of school or meeting group didn't pop up when googled.  Perhaps @Wu Ming Jen could direct you better. 

• Haha 1

from my limited understanding there are many family chi gung systems, not exactly secret, but not open either.  Some literally family, others only taught to a select few who have an in. 

Our pop culture filled is with the White Savior myth- the young Western seeker meets the secluded master (who speaks english!) finds him worthy (but not the locals or his own kids) teaches them the ascension secrets in a few days, then off they go to save the world.. ie the Keanu Reeves syndrome. 

• Like 1

Please do not talk about pie,I beg you.

I know it is way fun when you know someone's weakness and mess with them BUT ...really! 

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Please do not talk about pie,I beg you.

I know it is way fun when you know someone's weakness and mess with them BUT ...really! 

Oh yes, really...

How about pies instead of pie.

20190405_172647.jpg.6bee8ea0da3ef965909391791bb6e93d.jpg

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GSmaster said:

more pie and long men pie, i guess someone is a big fan of pies

there is even authenticated pie lineage

846-03164458em-1970s-pies-on-conveyor-in

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GSmaster said:

You cannot kill the dead. jk but i do feel like living zombie sometimes

It does not google any information on it from anywhere in the world. A hidden school? The only where I heard about it is here.

I also heard about people doing one finger pushups while sitting in full lotus. 

:unsure:  ...  one finger pushing up what ?

...  I should probably apologise for that one  

:blush:

Edited by Nungali

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

Oh yes, really...

How about pies instead of pie.

20190405_172647.jpg.6bee8ea0da3ef965909391791bb6e93d.jpg

:P

Well, us folks down here do not have the same pie history as you guys .  Oh sure, we got history of MEAT  pies , maybe an apple pie or 'Shepard's pie' occasionally.

back in the late 70s, when I lived in a beach bums house at Cronulla, a new shop opened in main street ' The Pie Shop', we thought, what? A shop that only sells pies and nothing else  ???   How's that gonna work. But when they opened it was full of pies we never heard of !  How exotic  ( for Australia, back then ) .

I soon discovered the addictive mix of an early morning surf, followed by morning tea of cuppa and  ....loganberry pie .  Never heard of a logan berry pie before  .... wait ... maybe it was a longmanberry ...  < thinks > ... no, it was loganberry - with a dollop of cream .

Pie heaven .

47_Loganberry_pie_istock_edit_.jpg

Ahhh ... the good old days  :)    -   try from 6:00 onwards 

!  There it is at 8 :14 !   ... and my old high school at 8:30   (bluish 3 tiered buildings left centre )

wot a flashback , shame they didnt show our old house, it was rather infamous in that era . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just checked , our old party flat is still there !   - top floor

https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.0427256,151.1600447,3a,60y,307.5h,84.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgkUtOTZ8lbcBOqHF0pmINg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

view off verandah

https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.0427256,151.1600447,3a,60y,102.89h,89.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgkUtOTZ8lbcBOqHF0pmINg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

and here is what used to be my 'playground; just over the river  - you could catch a ferry, take a tent and walk along the coast

https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.1423651,151.250169,19094a,35y,270h,37.12t/data=!3m1!1e3

to some fav spots

1200px-Wattamolla_lagoon.jpg

wattamolla-beach-2am-9321-9331_stack.jpg

okay ... sorry about that, and now back to our topic ... pies ... I mean long men ...  I mean   , ummm ....    < looks at title again >

Mercury Fire Blood and Honey

What ! ?

Edited by Nungali

16 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Mercury Fire Blood and Honey

What ! ?

Thanks for the reminder. Need to add honey to the grocery list. B)

• Haha 1

And I need to be ever mindful of Mercury .

Why?

Lets let ths guy explain it ... I like this guy   :)

@    1:35

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Well, us folks down here do not have the same pie history as you guys .  Oh sure, we got history of MEAT  pies , maybe an apple pie or 'Shepard's pie' occasionally.

back in the late 70s, when I lived in a beach bums house at Cronulla, a new shop opened in main street ' The Pie Shop', we thought, what? A shop that only sells pies and nothing else  ???   How's that gonna work. But when they opened it was full of pies we never heard of !  How exotic  ( for Australia, back then ) .

I soon discovered the addictive mix of an early morning surf, followed by morning tea of cuppa and  ....loganberry pie .  Never heard of a logan berry pie before  .... wait ... maybe it was a longmanberry ...  < thinks > ... no, it was loganberry - with a dollop of cream .

Pie heaven .

47_Loganberry_pie_istock_edit_.jpg

Ahhh ... the good old days  :)    -   try from 6:00 onwards 

!  There it is at 8 :14 !   ... and my old high school at 8:30   (bluish 3 tiered buildings left centre )

wot a flashback , shame they didnt show our old house, it was rather infamous in that era . 

An Aussie opened a coffee shop next door to my salon. He makes those scrumptious little meat pies from scatch. So good!

5 hours ago, GSmaster said:

I also heard about people doing one finger pushups while sitting in full lotus. 

One finger chan. 

Very good. 😁 

9 hours ago, thelerner said:

It's seems so rare that if I plug 'Longman Pie Chicago' into Google I get restaurants and pie recipes.   Which is too bad.  

Try spelling it Long Men Pai 😁

The top thread in Fuxi have a link to a Texan that can initiate you as a Daoist priest, and like a supermarket you can choose between traditions including Long Men Pai.

Ian Duncan also teaches from this tradition. 

These are first generation westerners doing this. Wait 10 years, and their students will have diluted the teachings and started to write books. 

Just listening to this man Mercury Fire Blood Honey this morning.

Whilst I appreciate his diligent cultivation and individualism, I would like to point out some "errors" in his reasoning.

Just Energy : Part of the Whole

We are not just part of the whole, we are individuating, we are becoming unique intelligences and unique energy beings.   Anyone who prevents that and causes you to dissolve back in the world energy will kill you.   
However for a monkey to "wake up" he has to feel the universal energy first to open his horizons from monkey mind, in order to finally discover his own individualism.   Hence it is said that once the Father is known, the Son is born.

Just Energy : No It's More Complicated

We are also not "just energy".   We are energy transformation engines.   In the same way the plant species of the planet are not "just lying there", they exist to transform sunlight through photosynthesiss .... we likewise as more advanced crops, are not "just here".   We are transforming energy of many types, all our functions relate to this, they are developed to transform energy.   And that includes intelligence, food, air, it is a transformation of energy.
As engines we need to burn cleanly, and learn how to service ourselves, in order that we transform energy correctly as a part of the entire universe's project.
So .... just feeling "more energy" is a very crude thing.

Energy Warfare Vs Waking Up
This man has an endless war with other energy beings.   And his solution is beefing up, and then beefing up again.   But how long will this go on for before you are exhausted ?  And how can such a simple frail man like Ramana Maharshi live effortlessly with no beefing ?
Clearly there is a different order of spirituality that leads to peace that requires no beefing up, at least not at the end.
The answer is that the recognition of the true self is effortless and lifts you out of the crude world of energy wars.   The end.

Therefore the recognition of the true self must be transmitted on the first day and every day, as it is the answer.   Of course you have to know how to do that.

Subconscious Spirituality vs Real Spirituality

In the Conscious world there are no crazy people, because they no longer struggle, they are in the kingdom of God.
So where are the energy demons that this man talks of ?   Where do they live ?
They are in the Subconscious world, a half sleep half dream half awake nightmare.   Humans are already in this world.
You do not want to stay in this world, nor do you want to fight with the beings in this world, who are all one eyed.
There are many hierarchies and powers and spells and magic blue firebird energies here.   There are many beings of "power", with their little groups of subconscious one-eyed followers.   It's like Marvel DC land.
But in the end it is the land of terrible suffering.
I advise you to leave asap.

Energy Work's Purpose

A sane use of energy work might be to preserve your life (but not too much), and to get to know yourself through flexing your energetic muscles.
Beyond that you need to let go of it, and awaken to God, and surrender to God. 
The God, and there is only one.

Then you will enter effortless truth-peace.

God (1) refers to being Conscious and living in the Conscious plane.

Then you can see straight for the first time, and in seeing straight you experience reality.

In doing so you become connected to the spirit behind existence itself, or God (0).

So God as a term points initially towards the means to reality, and then finally to the spirit behind reality, it is a good and meaningful term.

At a lower level God (2) is expressed to monkeys as "the big monkey in the sky", which again is not incorrect, just an explanation given to those on a lower plane.

God (2) leads to God (1) which leads to God (0).

9 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

Try spelling it Long Men Pai 😁

The top thread in Fuxi have a link to a Texan that can initiate you as a Daoist priest, and like a supermarket you can choose between traditions including Long Men Pai.

Ian Duncan also teaches from this tradition. 

These are first generation westerners doing this. Wait 10 years, and their students will have diluted the teachings and started to write books. 

Ten years isn't so long.   Googling Long Men Pai Chicago, gave me some Youtube videos and maybe 1 in 5 articles having to do w/ the art.  No local schools, but thats not surprising.  Course I'm not looking for anything exotic these days. 

I wouldn't put them down just because they seem to be having a bit of fun, they could be onto something. I doubt any serious traditional schools will pay any attention to them. I assume they're not even Chinese or pretending to be from a trad. lineage.

10 hours ago, kondensation said:

I wouldn't put them down just because they seem to be having a bit of fun, they could be onto something. I doubt any serious traditional schools will pay any attention to them. I assume they're not even Chinese or pretending to be from a trad. lineage.

We don't pretend to be chinese or trace lineages through random dead dudes. :P

We are our own lineage.

What others do is their own business.  None of it affects us as long as they don't go poking around where they shouldn't anyways lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rideforever said:

God (1) refers to being Conscious and living in the Conscious plane.

Then you can see straight for the first time, and in seeing straight you experience reality.

In doing so you become connected to the spirit behind existence itself, or God (0).

So God as a term points initially towards the means to reality, and then finally to the spirit behind reality, it is a good and meaningful term.

At a lower level God (2) is expressed to monkeys as "the big monkey in the sky", which again is not incorrect, just an explanation given to those on a lower plane.

God (2) leads to God (1) which leads to God (0).

We dont use your definition of "god" which would be extremely limited for our purposes.  

Keep in mind that we are not a taoist offshoot.  As I've mentioned before we are, among other things, antitaoist. 

• Like 1

On 7.4.2019 at 5:44 AM, Forwards said:

We don't pretend to be chinese or trace lineages through random dead dudes. :P

We are our own lineage.

What others do is their own business.  None of it affects us as long as they don't go poking around where they shouldn't anyways lol

If you do your thing and you're honest about it, it shouldn't bother people. I saw some back and forth... but honestly, I don't know what the conflict is about.

On 7.4.2019 at 5:47 AM, Forwards said:

Keep in mind that we are not a taoist offshoot.  As I've mentioned before we are, among other things, antitaoist. 

In what sense are you anti-taoist?