Lost in Translation

Six Planets & Chiron, All Retrograde At Once: August 2018

• Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto will all be retrograde between June 26, 2018 and July 10th, 2018.
  • Jupiter turns direct, July 10th, leaving four planets retrograde.
  • July 26, 2018, Mercury reverses and we’re back to five planets retrograde.
  • August 7, 2018, Uranus turns retrograde and at that point we have six planets Rx, seven if you want to count, Chiron.

The planets start turning direct with Mercury, on August 19th.

Watch yourself, people! I've been feeling like a gen-u-ine a**hole lately. My wife and I got in a big fight. Everywhere I look I see s%*# that I want to break or scream at.

It's in the air, and it's real. Take care of yourselves!

https://www.elsaelsa.com/astrology/six-planets-chiron-all-retrograde-at-once-2018/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I feel fine thanks  :)  

You realise there us just the slim possibility  of a chance that  your  .... domestic disharmony  .... could   NOT  be caused by this .

Even if it was, chances are you,  her or both have some type of transit interaction with these current combinations  - hence, it doesnt mean it will effect all of us too . 

Why not get an astrologer to look at your chart and also describe the events and timing you relate to that.  Rx s  often indicate going over or reviewing 'past ground'  -  you might even get to the root of what is actually bugging you .

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

You realise there us just the slim possibility  of a chance that  your  .... domestic disharmony  .... could   NOT  be caused by this

I do, thanks. But I needed something to post and this was it... ;)

• Like 3

Have you explored your own  ' astrological arrangements '  ?    I did a workshop a while back on reading and interpreting  one's own chart .    Great stuff !  I realised things about my chart and myself that no other astrologer ever picked up  - due to the extra personal insights one can have about themselves , beyond what an astrologer knows.   Objective knowledge is good, but an astrologer lacks others  subjective knowledge .

• Like 1

I have. I'm married to an astrologer! It took me about ten years to take this stuff seriously, but hey - if I can accept a four thousand year old magical fortune telling book written in binary, or non-local extrasensory perception using clear quartz crystals and water, or semen retention as a means of achieving immortality then what's so hard to accept about planets guiding our fates based upon when and where we were born...?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Have you explored your own  ' astrological arrangements '  ?    I did a workshop a while back on reading and interpreting  one's own chart .    Great stuff !  I realised things about my chart and myself that no other astrologer ever picked up  - due to the extra personal insights one can have about themselves , beyond what an astrologer knows.   Objective knowledge is good, but an astrologer lacks others  subjective knowledge .

2 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I have. I'm married to an astrologer! It took me about ten years to take this stuff seriously, but hey - if I can accept a four thousand year old magical fortune telling book written in binary, or non-local extrasensory perception using clear quartz crystals and water, or semen retention as a means of achieving immortality then what's so hard to accept about planets guiding our fates based upon when and where we were born...?

Boy you guys sure have complicated systems. :D

Birds tell me how much longer it will rain. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rene said:

I'm in Los Angeles. It never rains... But we're making the move the great northwest next year. Kitsap County, WA - here I come!

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Like 1

From one hell into a lesser hell. :lol:

Great luck with your move!! ^_^

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm working my way upward slowly. I'll still have an insane tax & spend state government to contend with but at least I'll lose the traffic gain trees and rain.

I plan on joining the "Sons of Norway" in Poulsbo and making them my preferred watering hole. My Great-Great grandfather was a first generation immigrant in the late 1800's and a Gunderson.

• Like 1

Um... lose the traffic?? Have you ever been to Seattle??

traffic-780x606.jpg&f=1

Whole I-5 corridor is like this...

Ah...apologies LiT. Not meaning to rain on your upcoming adventure. We drove there for a Seahawks game 2yrs ago...nightmare. But maybe where you're going its quieter.  Hope so! For sure there's more trees ^_^

Kitsap Co is beautiful, even with a quarter million people. Our county has 8,000. LOL

• Thanks 1

That's why we're moving to Kitsap, since it's the other side of Puget Sound. Any trip to Seattle will be hell if we drive, but I'm already in hell now. It takes me 105 minutes to drive 18 miles one-way to work during peak hours. Like I said, at least we'll have trees and rain. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Oh, and I want chickens. Yes, I'm going to raise chickens - or at least a half dozen or so. 

Better check local ordinances/HOA/developer regs before you commit to anything. They are very left-snowflake out near the coast. Owning chickens might be animal cruelty, not to mention cluckers also bring property values down, ya know. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

Watch yourself, people! I've been feeling like a gen-u-ine a**hole lately. My wife and I got in a big fight. Everywhere I look I see s%*# that I want to break or scream at.

It's in the air, and it's real. Take care of yourselves!

https://www.elsaelsa.com/astrology/six-planets-chiron-all-retrograde-at-once-2018/

Are you in your period again?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I'm in Los Angeles. It never rains... But we're making the move the great northwest next year. Kitsap County, WA - here I come!

Wow I am happy for you!  Washington is gorgeous!  My son's Godfather who is my oldest and dearest friend lived there for a couple years.  That whole area of the planet... Oregon.Washington and BC sings a stunningly beautiful song to me.

We live just south of Los Angeles and my average commute when working is about 2 1/2 hours a day.

We just spent a few weeks up on Mt Hood in Oregon on vacation and we've decided that we'll be retiring there when our tour in the desert is done.

The old growth forests of the Northwest are home, there's no other way to say it.

Let me know if you ever want to meet for tea, (or something stronger) sometime.  I recently spent a wonderful evening chatting and having a late dinner with another local bum.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rene said:

Boy you guys sure have complicated systems. :D

We are complicated people   :) 

8 hours ago, rene said:

How so ?

Here the glossy black cockatoo indicates rain.

265233.jpg

Some dispute it and say they saw them flying up the valley and it has not rained .  Thing is, it isnt if you just see them , its the way  they behave that indicates the weather.   ;)

In drought they may react a similar way to changes in air pressure ... when they flappin around and screeching and  demolishing trees with their huge beaks ( I can even hear  the noise of that inside  - huge bird !  )  to get  grubs in the trees, heavy rain will fall within three days .  There is other stuff about how they are flying, the direction, formation, etc . 

We get flocks of them here, although they are supposed to be getting endangered elsewhere .  I call them 'Harpies'  .

Graceful flyers

9 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Where the hell is that !   So I googled it

Wow man   

wa.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

That's why we're moving to Kitsap, since it's the other side of Puget Sound. Any trip to Seattle will be hell if we drive, but I'm already in hell now. It takes me 105 minutes to drive 18 miles one-way to work during peak hours.

:(

I was going to say what my commute was, but I better not .

8 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Like I said, at least we'll have trees and rain. :) 

and access to beautiful country .  :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

Where the hell is that !   So I googled it

Wow man   

wa.jpg

The entire Pacific Northwest region is like this... from northern california up through british columbia... with washington smack in the middle...  I hope I survive to retirement... it'd be great to transition out of this body up there.

utter paradise

36 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

The entire Pacific Northwest region is like this... from northern california up through british columbia... with washington smack in the middle...  I hope I survive to retirement... it'd be great to transition out of this body up there.

utter paradise

One advantage to writing software is all I need is a computer, fast internet, web cam with Skype and... Literally work anywhere. :)

• Like 1

Nice!  I envy you that freedom and look forward to seeing pics when you get settled.

I have to remain here for at least another seven years, or forfeit my pension and retirement basket.

also, to get back on track with the OP.

What brought me to the topic in the first place, the retrograde comment caught my awareness, as my wife was so viciously angry over a misunderstanding on Saturday night... In 29 years I've never seen her so upset, she was close to swinging on me and I had no idea what it was that started it.  Every time I tried to delve into it, that caused her to become more upset, so finally I just went silent and let her spin out the energy. 

The next day, she was unaware of what it was that even started the ball rolling.  No memory of the cause. 

While we were on vacation up in Oregon... on July 23, that entire day, from the moment I woke, I was incosolable, unapproachable, seething with anger and bitterly depressed for no discernable reason.  I warned the family instantly to just leave me be in silence as any topic brought up to me in that mood would have been met with a tirade monologue of what was wrong with the world and why everything was shit.  It passed toward evening as mindlessly as it had come.

I'm a skeptic by nature, but not a skepdick.  I'm agnostic and know that I don't know.

Being mostly made of water and having 5 decades of experience now of emotional states rolling through me like weather fronts, I have softened in my skepticism of astrological influences on personal behavior.  We are instruments of a highly sensitive nature, specifically when we begin the process of alchemy and internal change with intention. 

That argument could have ended my marriage and neither of us, two very aware and cultivating people can ferret out what caused it...

• Like 2

I suppose we will have to see if more earthquakes  arise.

I used to track such astrological influences and note any unusual events on the astro calendar *  , when I worked in Bio-dynamics.

In traditional agricultural systems , mostly in SE Asia ,  there are  Moon regulated days to plant, harvest etc. but some days where no agriculture at all is done -  bad juju.

*   'Bad days'   (astrological combinations ) usually manifest via / when  the Moon crosses the Equator  eg. 10th and 23rd below .

2011antipodeanpage01janv2.jpg

• Like 1

As above, so below.  As within, without... comes to mind when I consider astrology, my former skepticism and the potential influence of the nearby bodies in our solar system on my awareness, or my environment... (are those even separate?  any more I'm not certain... anyway)...

The influence of the moon on the earth's water is undeniable.  And in line with that, I've oddly never had a problem for all of my skeptic tendencies, in accepting the seeming influence of the full moon on folks behavior in terms of reported police activity.

My body is mostly water as well.  So I've come to loosen some of my materialist programmed assumptions of my Father and my Western schooling and no longer outright reject the possibility of the water in my body, which is an extension of the more subtle aspects of my full awareness, which is my experience of reality, to be affected by the pull and sway of the planetary bodies known as our solar system.