ThreeLeaf

New to the Dao

Hello, First I'll start off telling my story. I grew up in America the land of the polluted and brainwashed. When i was young i got into health, philosophy, and energy. Eventually i watched the double slit experiment and asked my self " are the electrons god or are we god able to shape reality?" . I was obsessed with opposites and figured out they merely tell the difference between two things. So what is the point of all these opposites? who do they benefit? The only answer would be us. so who are we? god or a piece/son of god? i also learned about suffering. When your in a dessert dying of thirst and you find a puddle of water you are extremely grateful and loving. Or your in jail eating tasteless food when you get out and eat something normal it tastes 10x better. So suffering creates love. The opposite is true aswell. When you live in paradise you become ungrateful and perverted. Common example would be a spoiled brat trashing the car their parents worked hard to pay for. There are infinite examples of both. So "Bliss" for lack of a better word creates ungratefulness or hate. I figured this is what the opposing black and white dots means on the yin and yang. The dark side "boredum" or nothingness, maybe destruction. From withing that love is born. and vice versa. so heaven and hell can't exist. Heaven would be a breeding ground for hate  so religions were not able to brainwash me.  All of these things i believe were not taught to me. I figured this all out on my own in my own mind. I trust my instincts above anything else. I look a lot younger then my age. I also think my third eye has always been open. When i put my finger up to it i can feel a strong force or tingling. I can make it do it on its own too. I found somewhere that it's a sign of your third eye open or awakened. Also i been reading a lot of forums here and found out people have a problem clearing there mind? For some reason my mind has always been empty/no thoughts. I talked to a psychiatrist and she said it was a constant state of meditation. For the last year i been reading Chinese translated light novels about the cultivation world. I hated god for being born in such a lowly mortal realm where the thought of cultivation is merely a fairy tail or myth. Later i realized that these hundreds of books are all very similar and use the same words so i started learning about the longest living humans in history. Later god granted my wish and i found this site. i know some secrets that may help Taoists. Like a Spirit/qi gathering formation. Found in electro-culture the field of science using energy to heal. A simple lavkoski coil held up between the brows makes people feel the tingling. For some people it takes longer. The energies in nature are attracted to piezoelectric materials and the pulsing of any form of energy heals the living. A very suppressed field of study. I want to try to keep my first post short.  I know the ideal age to start internal alchemy is before 9. Is there any hope for me a man whose 30?

Thank you for reading this far. Unlimited Love. Abel

• Like 5

Hello, ThreeLeaf, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Abel,

Thanks for sharing your back story.  Even though many people in this world care about mundane things, according to many traditions, being born in the human realm is a blessing and an important incarnation. I tend to agree with them... Never too old to start training.  Hope you enjoy the forum :) 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThreeLeaf said:

I know the ideal age to start internal alchemy is before 9. Is there any hope for me a man whose 30?

Abel, what makes you think that you haven't been practicing internal alchemy?  Is the practice of internal alchemy synonymous with formal instruction in a school?  Making ones' finger tingle at will doesn't mean one can make someone else feel their fingers tingle.

Welcome. Making the tingling happen like that is a sign of your heart being open (not 3rd eye) and the beginning of energy stuff at a more conscious level.

30 is young. No worries. :) 

• Like 1

Thank You for your advice. Btw its not my finger that tingles. It's the spot between the brows that tingles. Not sure what that means. Also anyone ever have any optical phenomenon happen to them? One time i was staring in the sky looking at those floating particles and i thought " maybe there is something there i can't see" immediately after i thought that a dark hole appeared in the sky. It was day time bright blue sky. It was at the center of my vision and i couldn't see it on land or over top of faces. I could turn it on and off and it took up like 60% of my vision it was massive. It was pitch black in the center and it would gush darkness out from the center inward toward me and wave outward. Its like dropping a stone in a still pond. Continuous perfect waves. the waves were pitch black too but between the waves i could see the blue sky. i searched everywhere and i could never find the answer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

Thank You for your advice. Btw its not my finger that tingles. It's the spot between the brows that tingles. Not sure what that means. Also anyone ever have any optical phenomenon happen to them? One time i was staring in the sky looking at those floating particles and i thought " maybe there is something there i can't see" immediately after i thought that a dark hole appeared in the sky. It was day time bright blue sky. It was at the center of my vision and i couldn't see it on land or over top of faces. I could turn it on and off and it took up like 60% of my vision it was massive. It was pitch black in the center and it would gush darkness out from the center inward toward me and wave outward. Its like dropping a stone in a still pond. Continuous perfect waves. the waves were pitch black too but between the waves i could see the blue sky. i searched everywhere and i could never find the answer.

Very cool stuff.  Yes, I realize that it was not your fingers and actually your forehead tingling.  The energy is follows your attention/focus.  You may even want to try some body scanning techniques and move that "tingling" all over your body. When you find resistance (or more dead like spots), it will highlight karma/issues stored in your energy body.

The next stage is being able to move (transmit) that energy beyond your own body to other people or your broader environment.  The opening of the 3rd eye is after that, as it is really more about your mind being able to "translate" that energy beyond the body into more direct insights (or seeing/hearing stuff).

I can possibly move it around my head but i never tried to move it around my body. I been doing a lot of research and well forgive me for my lack of knowledge but i thought the third eye can only open after my lower dantien is filled with qi. Then open my middle dantien and then upper. Is it possible for my upper to open first? or maybe open a little? My body is healthy though and i been going vegan. I've discovered the cures for all ailments. I'm not brainwashed into believing something can't be cured. I've uncovered alot of suppressed secrets. Everything needs balance. When something is not balanced a disease or problem will occur. It's hard for me growing up in the west. Mostly everything you hear is a lie because of greed.

Is this a good place to start?

TAOIST YOGA
Alchemy and Immortality

By the scant author

Ch’an and Zen Teaching, series i, 2 and 3
The Secrets of Chinese Meditation
The Surahgama Sutra

Lu K’uan Yii (Charles Luk)

TAOIST YOGA
Alchemy and Immortality

A translation, with introduction and notes, of
The Secrets of Cultivating Essential Nature
and Eternal Life (Hsin Ming Fa Chueh Ming Chih)
by the Taoist Master Chao Pi Ch’en, born i860

SAMUEL WEISER INC.
New York

SAMUEL WEISER INC.

J34 Broadway, New York 10003

First published igyo
Second impression igys

This edition © Lu K’uan Yu 1970

Printed in Great Britain

0-87728-067-3

Is there a list of the different kinds of internal arts? Everyone here practices. I get confused by all the terminology. There's multiple names for the same thing. I don't know if it's all Taoist or is it Buddhist words. Or Taoist have 10 different names for the same thing. My instincts tell me the taoist have many paths/arts and alot of them use different terminology for the same word.

42 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

I can possibly move it around my head but i never tried to move it around my body. I been doing a lot of research and well forgive me for my lack of knowledge but i thought the third eye can only open after my lower dantien is filled with qi. Then open my middle dantien and then upper. Is it possible for my upper to open first? or maybe open a little? My body is healthy though and i been going vegan. I've discovered the cures for all ailments. I'm not brainwashed into believing something can't be cured. I've uncovered alot of suppressed secrets. Everything needs balance. When something is not balanced a disease or problem will occur. It's hard for me growing up in the west. Mostly everything you hear is a lie because of greed.

Things like a 3rd eye need a stable and pretty base, otherwise one will translate the outside energy stuff based upon your fears, rather than more clear understanding/knowing.

• Like 1

My notifications say Jeff and lost in translation responded to post but i cant see anything after my last message "thank you for advice i'm going to do more research". Bug glitch i don't know? sorry guys

Welcome, Abel!

Such an amazing introduction! In the immortal words of Senator Palpatine, "we shall watch your career with great interest."

Seriously though, I look forward to reading more from you.

9 minutes ago, ThreeLeaf said:

My notifications say Jeff and lost in translation responded to post but i cant see anything after my last message "thank you for advice i'm going to do more research". Bug glitch i don't know? sorry guys

Responded just means that we "liked" your posts, I know it can be confusing as compared to this one where I "quoted" your post.

• Like 1

Welcome :)

I see those circular moving waves/holes in the sky, too. Along with tingling 3rd eye.. always wondered what it might be, cool to find someone who sees them too :P

Edited by phil

I like this as a very good brief introduction to the dantians and energy. Ideas about Daoist energy work and where you start are numerous, but I am also of the opinion that you start at the lower dantian, it's good to be clear about where you're going from the start. 

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks jeff for clearing that up.  I'll look into that bindi. Phil that thing in the sky i only saw it once accidentally i always been afraid to bring it back.