Lightseeker

How to gain complete control of yourself and your mind/body

I have finally started to take the advice of many of you fellow members seriously. Although I haven’t completely given up on my curiosity about psychic phenomenon, I have slightly changed my interests to focus more on myself than others. I recall in another post, someone mentioned how you can use the Theta state to control your habits and even physical appearance. I was curious about this. Can someone explain the extent of this ability? Can you truly give yourself a limitless memory, or change your eye color through the Theta brain state?

• Like 2

I would say start small. Observe your thoughts and notice the sensations of your body. Try to be aware of what’s going on inside. At first it may be difficult, but it will get easier with time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I have slightly changed my interests to focus more on myself than others. I recall in another post, someone mentioned how you can use the Theta state to control your habits and even physical appearance. I was curious about this. Can someone explain the extent of this ability?

I can't speak about theta state. What I can speak about is intention. In my experience the number one obstacle to achieving our goals is our own inability to start or to follow through. We think. We talk. We rarely do. Even when we start doing, at the first sign of a challenge we get discouraged and give up. That's the biggest problem. The best way to combat this is to focus our intention. By this I mean choose a goal. Recognize where you are relative to that goal. Develop a series of milestones to hit on the pathway to that goal and then get started and don't stop. Turn off the mind and turn on the body. Get to work.

I know, it's very simple and intuitive yet we rarely do this. I get lazy too. I love to sit down and drink coffee and think about stuff. I don't like to get up and work, but if it's important to you then you will do exactly that. Everything else is an implementation detail.

• Thanks 2

Good advice L i T .

A good approach is to start on something relatively simple and achievable , when that is done we get confidence to move onwards ; walk, run,  ride a bike ... look 'no hands'   ... then after practice training and drilling ;

image.png.27add1930db8f9d8d1af04ef2d913859.png

Try that first off, likely you will fail and give up the whole enterprise .

I do realise this method is very unpopular with the youth of today.  Like; they want to learn a flying spinning roundhouse kick like they see on computer game and ask me to teach that to them. I say  " First of all you need to develop balance and  stability and learn some basic .....      ." 

" Nah !  I just go back to doing it on my video game . "

- The good thing about 'magic powers; is that it is a real easy way  and good  short cut to achieve difficult things

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by Nungali

We could have an interesting conversation conversation about the development of  'magical'  (high functioning )  memory.

OR  actual  'magical memory'   ,   a way of accessing  reincarnation or  genetic 'memories'  . 

- Sorry, again, no short cuts , no  skills offered up on a plate,  no waving the magic wand .  work and practice  -  again .   But eventual gained benefit ?    Oh yeah ! 

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

We could have an interesting conversation conversation about the development of  'magical'  (high functioning )  memory.

OR  actual  'magical memory'   ,   a way of accessing  reincarnation or  genetic 'memories'  . 

That would be an interesting discussion :). I would be curious how western occultists approach this, too.

I have read some interesting studies on  'oral memory'   , pre literate people have a phenomenal memory , sometimes over thousands of years .   It is held within stories songs and chants , often keyed in to landscape features or the  variations in the visible horizon from particular points.

https://theconversation.com/ancient-aboriginal-stories-preserve-history-of-a-rise-in-sea-level-36010

“Say I’m a man from central Australia, my father teaches me stories about my country,” Reid said.

“My sister’s children, my nephews and nieces, are explicitly tasked with the kin-based responsibility for ensuring I know those stories properly. They take those responsibilities seriously. At any given point in time my father is telling the stories to me and his grandkids are checking. Three generations are hearing the story at once … that’s a kind of scaffolding that can keep stories true.

“When you have three generations constantly in the know, and tasked with checking as a cultural responsibility, that creates the kind of mechanism that could explain why [Indigenous Australians] seem to have done something that hasn’t been achieved elsewhere in the world: telling stories for 10,000 years.”

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/sep/16/indigenous-australian-storytelling-records-sea-level-rises-over-millenia

Then, in literate societies  have people like Causabon

.... visitor  - gotta go - more later

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I have finally started to take the advice of many of you fellow members seriously. Although I haven’t completely given up on my curiosity about psychic phenomenon, I have slightly changed my interests to focus more on myself than others. I recall in another post, someone mentioned how you can use the Theta state to control your habits and even physical appearance. I was curious about this. Can someone explain the extent of this ability? Can you truly give yourself a limitless memory, or change your eye color through the Theta brain state?

Not sure what a theta is, I assume ur talking about brainwaves.

Science has shown that people who have multiple personality "disorder" (relative term, you can also have a multiple personality order) actually change the color of their eyes when becoming a different person.

Everything is possible because everything existance. That is the only thing you need to know. The question is, what do you want to be your truth. Do you want to be a shapeshifter? Change appearance? Focus on that, use your imagination to explore the idea further, what feels good, what does not, focus and expand more on what does feel good. 

For example, if you find that you have blue eyes and for whatever reason you feel really happy imagining already having green eyes, then you have to be assured, that vibration is in harmony with what you want (unless it does not feel emotionally good or stops feeling good cause you changed your focus or perspective) then continue to focus on this imagination, not 20% of the time especially not 50% atleast at the very minimum god damn least, 60% of the time you have to give your attention to the reality where you do have green eyes. If you cant see it in your reality, use your imagination, which is the window into infinite existance. All vibrations you can possibly have acces to. Then see yourself already having green eyes (representing the reality of preference that you realized and affirmed by confirming that you feel emotional wonderful when you focus on this reality) in your imagination, and focus on it. The reason you need to focus on, continuesly, is because of two things. Vibrational alignment and Momentum. The ability to create your reality is about vibration and momentum. When you give something your attention, for as little as 17 seconds, you begin to pulse a vibration that is alikeness to it and of it. Similar vibration. The longer you focus on that reality, accesed via the infinite doorway of your imagination, or plainly observed in your reality, the more that vibrational pulse begins to gain attraction power and growing and attracting similar vibrations. The longer you are focused on it, the more power the vibration gains.

There is the momentum of your current reality, which is a vibration with a certain weight to it, you can call that momentum. 

And there is the vibration of the new reality you intend to create which is different from your reality because you have found it feels better to experience that reality. And here comes the throback to confusicus. 

You are confused as long as you give your attention 50% of the time to your unwanted reality, and 50% to your wanted reality (imagined or observed in your current reality) because this creates a mixed signal. A mix of contradicting vibrations. And your reality experience is then confused, as Confusicus has put it into words so wonderfully:

Am I an old man having dreamed of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming of being an old man? 

Conclusion? Stop doing that! WAKE UP FROM YOUR REALITY if your reality is not what you want, by going back into the reality that is aligned with your greater knowing, your non-physical higher self/inner being, your soul, your source of being, god, whatever you call it. And how do you know which reality is aligned with your soul? And which is not? It feels good, it is. It feels bad it is not. It feels worse, it is less aligned, it feels better, it is more aligned. Again, imagined or otherwise. If you want to be a butterfly, give your attention more to the reality, imagined or otherwise, where you are a butterfly, and then your vibration will pulse being a butterfly and you will then be a butterfly. How do you do that? Easier said than done? No, because if it is difficult, the truth is, you dont want to be a butterfly, otherwise it would be very easy, and delightful to focus on that truth. For it is aligned with your soul. And your soul already has a powerful vibration, bringing unto you more of what you want, and more and more. All you have to do is let yourself look at what you want, and open the floodgates. Destiny awaits. And it is one of eternal joy and freedom and power. And beyond. For that is just the very least of what your soul has in store for you. 

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, and dont even have to be so specific about it. Actors focus on being a different person all the time. Just look up pictures of Tom Hardy, look at the transformation there. And believe me, actors are not so focused at all, and they changed looks all the time. And they become a different person. It is not like they are some kind of powerful sage that has acces to infinite vibrations and can speed momentum up by will and powerful highly tuned wisdom of decision and choice. Capable of cocreating reality on a higher dimension not even linear in time visible from your point of view. 

An irish lady shapeshifting into a wolf, have you ever seen that, and wondered how on earth it literally happened so smoothly even tho it occured in just one of the 5 billion frames of reality that we experience each moment? How does something so abruptly change form and shape and yet be so elegant and smooth and delicate about it?

Have you ever seen a multidimensional expression of being speaking to multiple levels of your consciousness at the same time? 

When everything is possible, I do mean everything. Everything exists. You decide how you wanna experience it. As a butterfly, an old man, a young man, a wolf. A woman. Or whatever you can imagine. Hell some are even gods imagining themselves to be a human imagining themselves of being a god but not actually ever becoming a god because they are just imagining being a god like 1% of the time. And swap the imagination away as some kind pleasurable fly as if it is not their powerful throne of infinite creation that is their imagination which allows them to acces infinite creation at their eternal disposal. 

• Like 1

Back to memory training  and different ways to access memory ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Camillo

It is a way of visually structuring your mind as a type of 'filing cabinet' ,  Camillo built his like a theatre

GiulioCamillo.jpg

any version will do but we need a system , a symbol system is better  , looking at this  we can see the 'code'

Camillo_Wenneker.jpg

Its about how we 'categorize' things  so we can find them, at will, in the system.   It works like an interface with the unconscious, in that , it is capable of immense calculation, sifting, filing, collating,  all without us being aware of it, and in another time zone ( that is, it works 'instantaneously ' ) and hence can  deliver results and information  instantly .   To the observer, exhibiting 'phenomenal memory'.

But this is still  training,  the process spreads to other areas, one 'memory savant' (it may have been Causabon )  could party all night with lots of guests, drink and rant and the next day repeat the whole conversations word for word that he had with all the people there , and he could do it in reverse with each word , fluently too , supposedly .

That does not surprise too much . Tesla said he could look at an equation then it would appear on a screen inside his head, then the answer would flash up and he would read that out (from his inner head screen ) and it would be the right answer  OR if he wanted to understand why it was the right answer he could do it slow and all the stages of equation  would flow across the screen, if he missed a bit he could   run it backwards   and then examine it and ,   " Ohhhh I see now ."  and then continue to the conclusion .  But he wasnt  consciously  working out the maths .

Going back to a classification system , this is exactly how the  'magical correspondences'  work  .  Western magic mostly used the Kabbalah for this and their letters, so they had a division of 22 'categories' .  other systems have different 'base numbers', some are based on elements and planets , so  4 or 5  and  7 interplay.  12 is an interesting one that seems to relate to some simple trade divisions and 'hand counting '  or even 60 and  64 .

At one stage I had to learn the magical correspondences  ( they are behind such things as why Mars is associated with iron and Moon with silver, or why we have 'birth stones', etc . and most of astrology. ) .  Hopeless task ,  I couldnt do it. Because I was trying the ways I had been taught to do things ... and for me the  X times tables were bad enough !     So I tried this different way.  It relates to the method of the indigenous, perhaps all over the world, in ancient times ) associating things with features in the landscape, so when you look, or look along the horizon, the knowledge ' unfolds'  or travel  ( walkabout , song lines, etc  ) vast amounts of knowledge  'downloads' .

I used to have to do this long walk along a country road at that stage, about 4 times a week, thats when I learnt it all.

This is a great book all about that ;

https://theconversation.com/the-memory-code-how-oral-cultures-memorise-so-much-information-65649

There is also a lot 'up there'   to  'map on to '   ;

6b3c739fc79b980e74c5ac0617cb51d7.jpg

coalsack_5.jpg

also combines with seasonal and geographical knowledge to unfurl a whole range of things; when, where, who, can move, go, do whatever ... in the above case, when lined up a certain way 'permission is given' to gather emu eggs for food.

Such things, held in memory , with 'landscape triggers'  helped these people to preserve their environment in a helthy and systainable way for over  40,000 years .

The other way of learning and being able to achieve things more proficiently , I talked about elsewhere ; re the 'astral' martial arts training .

How to gain control of other aspects of the mind than memory ?  For a start, there is  yoga :)

Others can advise you on that. But I would suggest the first step is to ascertain your own level of control first.  Try this quick test.

Set an alarm for 15 minutes ... only 15 minutes, no wait, that may be too much to ask nowadays  :D    lets half it    , 7 mins.

Have a pen or pencil and paper ready, sit comfortably with them in hand , close you eyes and visualise and think about   only  ' some thing' , simple, for example like an unlit white candle in a brass candle stick. Every time the images changes or you mind wanders and you think of anything else, make a mark or stroke on the paper and quickly return to holding the original image and thought .

When alarm goes of, stop the meditation and now count up the marks on the paper .

There is no right number here, its just a gauge for you to look at and consider.

I should add that if you   really  want to develop 'magic power' ,    cultivating the power of  focused attention will be essential .

3 hours ago, Everything said:

Have you ever seen a multidimensional expression of being speaking to multiple levels of your consciousness at the same time? 

When everything is possible, I do mean everything. Everything exists. You decide how you wanna experience it. As a butterfly, an old man, a young man, a wolf. A woman. Or whatever you can imagine. Hell some are even gods imagining themselves to be a human imagining themselves of being a god but not actually ever becoming a god because they are just imagining being a god like 1% of the time. And swap the imagination away as some kind pleasurable fly as if it is not their powerful throne of infinite creation that is their imagination which allows them to acces infinite creation at their eternal disposal. 

Great stuff.  To really move towards understanding things we need multiview. The Sufis say to look at something 7 ways. I decided to use the planetary model  to understand that.    Look at things in comprehension of different perspectives,   experience them differently .

PS  loved the bolded bit !  :D

• Like 1