Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Barbarian Savage vs The Ego

The "ego" contains many functions including :

- basic self-concept : all creatures protect themselves even if they don't know who they are
- psyche / image : a concept of who you are in relation to society
- memory : part of intelligence learning of the past
- conscious thought stream : when you participate and are present
- collective thought stream : junk from the crowd

And we use the ego all the time as part of our lives, and it does cause us problems.

It might be interesting to take some interest in what it's all about, with it's many parts ... but our ancient barbarian past jumps in and says to us:

I just need to kill this one guy, and everything is going to roses   

If I just take out this one guy, who is messing everything up, then I'll win the lottery.

"Do we have a problem Tony ?"
" .... .... there's no problem."

slaine.jpg

scarface.jpg

• Like 1

Perfect example of why I don't compete (except in discussions on this forum).

The condition of my ego is not dependent on anyone, anything else.

Ego is a verb to me.

The process of movement/action/intention toward conditions/things/ideas that are pleasante/favored, or desired... and equally and simultaneously, in the reverse action through movement/action/intention to avoid and move away from those that I do not.

It is not an it... not a thing, just as I am not a thing, but an ever shifting flow of conditions/responses and intentions.

I do not seek to diminish, or do away with ego any longer.  Like my mind, which is quite useful in certain situations, I want it to be strong and viable when appropriate... then effortlessly, it folds up like a Hawk's feet in flight and is all but forgotten.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this