Vuk

Strongly connected with Taoism since childhood

16 hours ago, Limahong said:

Good morning dawei,

Both my Teachers at TDB - X an Y - have shared "local mind" and "body framework" with me. 

Both terms - as perceptions and perspectives - are shared by X and Y.

In turn I will like to share my misunderstanding of them - my two cents worth with this from Vuk as an illustration.

I will cut to the chase my take on what Vuk has said - underlining his message is sex.

Sex and anything sexual tend to be grabbed/trapped within these - one's "local mind and "body framework".

- LimA

Hey Limahong,

Unfortunately I am not perfectly sure about what were you trying to say. If you don’t mind could you simplify it a bit? English isn’t my native language.

2 hours ago, Vuk said:

English isn’t my native language.

Hi Vuk

English is also not my native language - so I will refer to this from you...

On 8/4/2018 at 11:50 PM, Vuk said:

After reading my original post, do you think that what caused point 3) could have been some kind of spontaneous and temporary activation of the Microcosmic Orbit? I don’t know, but as I wrote earlier in that period I did a lot of Qigong and other training and I am almost certain I hadn’t had sex for at least a month.

Are you associating the Microcosmic Orbit with sex?

This is your point 3)...

On 8/3/2018 at 11:29 PM, Vuk said:

3) After practicing Baguazhang, meditation and Taiji 6 hours per day for a period of one month, one day as I was walking down the street, I closed my eyes and I could “see” everything, as if I was feeling how cars and people were moving. It was like seeing blue shapes within a dark background.

In the same period I went to play basketball once and my mind entered into some sort of trance. Although I was really skinny my strenght was almost super-human, ( I was pushing much heavier guys than me as if they were children)I was performing the most weird and acrobatic movements winning every game. I could score from the most difficult positions effortlessly. During the 3 hours I played I was in a state of bliss, and as I was playing my energy was increasing instead of me getting tired. I don’t know if that was Wu Wei but it felt similar.

Please elaborate on your (a) state of bliss and (b) I don’t know if that was Wu Wei but it felt similar.

- LimA

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 10:29 PM, Vuk said:

After practicing Baguazhang, meditation and Taiji 6 hours per day for a period of one month, one day as I was walking down the street, I closed my eyes and I could “see” everything, as if I was feeling how cars and people were moving. It was like seeing blue shapes within a dark background.

In the same period I went to play basketball once and my mind entered into some sort of trance. Although I was really skinny my strenght was almost super-human, ( I was pushing much heavier guys than me as if they were children)I was performing the most weird and acrobatic movements winning every game. I could score from the most difficult positions effortlessly. During the 3 hours I played I was in a state of bliss, and as I was playing my energy was increasing instead of me getting tired. I don’t know if that was Wu Wei but it felt similar.

Hi there. Welcome to TDB

About the state of bliss while playing basketball... I don't know anything about Wu Wei but I think you were in Jhana state. I don't know which Jhana as I'm forgetting about many details now. In sports term, they call it 'in the zone'.

I do have a theory about this, background thinking is wasting energy (thinking you should do this, do that). As a result, you make subconscious minuscule wasteful movements according to that background thinking before doing the real action, body is strained subconsciously and get tired easily after some accumulation. When you eliminate those waste and coupled with 'every breath burns food into energy', you're making more energy than spending it... viola, increase in energy.

About Neijia, if you want to study something without using excessive term of 'qi' or elusive 'mind-intention', you can try see Practical Method Chen Taiji. It focuses on yin-yang separation expressed using precise internal body movement. It cuts a lot of 'wasted' movement from normal Chen style Taichi making it looks robotic and far from usual Taichi elegance movement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Try said:

Hi there. Welcome to TDB

About the state of bliss while playing basketball... I don't know anything about Wu Wei but I think you were in Jhana state. I don't know which Jhana as I'm forgetting about many details now. In sports term, they call it 'in the zone'.

I do have a theory about this, background thinking is wasting energy (thinking you should do this, do that). As a result, you make subconscious minuscule wasteful movements according to that background thinking before doing the real action, body is strained subconsciously and get tired easily after some accumulation. When you eliminate those waste and coupled with 'every breath burns food into energy', you're making more energy than spending it... viola, increase in energy.

About Neijia, if you want to study something without using excessive term of 'qi' or elusive 'mind-intention', you can try see Practical Method Chen Taiji. It focuses on yin-yang separation expressed using precise internal body movement. It cuts a lot of 'wasted' movement from normal Chen style Taichi making it looks robotic and far from usual Taichi elegance movement.

Thank you, that matches a lot some of my thoughts. I thought a lot about ‘being in the zone’ phenomenon and how it’s similar to altered states of mind described in many yogic traditions. It’s nice hearing someone has a similar opinion.

An Italian friend of mine told me about a similar method of Chen Taiji that he studied for years. He’s also a PHD of Physics so I like very much the way he manages to merges those perspectives.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Vuk said:

I feel the voice somewhere around the solar plexus area.

The voice is usually hard to pinpoint.  But, my experience is a feeling of coming deep out of the torso and the head all at once. Soft and yet, undeniable.

Edited by moment

On 8/4/2018 at 8:50 AM, Vuk said:

do you think that what caused point 3) could have been some kind of spontaneous and temporary activation of the Microcosmic Orbit? 

That would most likely be a no.  My experience with connecting the snake to the top of the head and beyond is unimaginable bliss.

Bliss so complete and total as to make one nearly non-functional in the physical world for a period of time.

Edited by moment

14 hours ago, Vuk said:

Thank you, that matches a lot some of my thoughts. I thought a lot about ‘being in the zone’ phenomenon and how it’s similar to altered states of mind described in many yogic traditions. It’s nice hearing someone has a similar opinion.

An Italian friend of mine told me about a similar method of Chen Taiji that he studied for years. He’s also a PHD of Physics so I like very much the way he manages to merges those perspectives.

Some stuffs are actually the same thing with different name and we correlate more to some words because our past experiences. Some has very broad yet cryptic meaning leaving the interpretation to the reader and some has very detailed yet very personal, hard to replicate, description. All in all everything is like seeing a pyramid from different perspective, you see it as square from below, you see it as triangle from its side, you see it tetrahedron from another side, or you see it as square with X sign if you view it from top. If somebody says it's square/triangle/tetrahedron, it's right as that's what they perceive to their utmost ability. Only when you see it from the whole perspective, it becomes a pyramid.

Your friend might be actually studying the art as the master does yearly workshop in Italy. I, myself, began to study Practical Method Taichi a month ago and I like this one as, IMHO, it's more 'modern' as in you can use some modern science to approach and somehow describe the phenomenon you feel. Finding wasted and unnecessary movement is one of my joy these days.

I hope you have a smooth journey sailing the path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1