Vuk

Strongly connected with Taoism since childhood

Hi everybody. The nature of my request is to consult anyone who could help me understand the nature of my experiences and tell me how/where can I develop them/learn more. It will be a bit long but please be patient, it’s necessary.

I got initially interested in Taoism when I was 12. I read a book from Alan Watts about Taoism, later I moved onto Lao Ze, Chuang Ze and Lieh Ze and it I immediately started to relate to it, and it just felt natural. 

Since then I researched many philosophies and occult schools, but Taoism kept being the closest to my core values.

I’ve experienced several very significant experiences over years, and this far no one could tell me more about their nature.

1) I dreamt of future events. When they happened some 5 percent of the details were different (there were dogs instead of cats for example) but everything, including the locations that I never visited before were just as in my dreams.

2) I had a vision (meaning it felt physically real) that I was floating upwards through purple clouds and that I was going to die. I said to myself that I am not afraid because I lived according to my values, and then a voice told me: You’ve understood the lesson. Now return to the Earth and complete your mission.

when I woke up my body was shivering and being full of electricity. I was lying in my bed but I felt I was in a vertical position.

3) After practicing Baguazhang, meditation and Taiji 6 hours per day for a period of one month, one day as I was walking down the street, I closed my eyes and I could “see” everything, as if I was feeling how cars and people were moving. It was like seeing blue shapes within a dark background.

In the same period I went to play basketball once and my mind entered into some sort of trance. Although I was really skinny my strenght was almost super-human, ( I was pushing much heavier guys than me as if they were children)I was performing the most weird and acrobatic movements winning every game. I could score from the most difficult positions effortlessly. During the 3 hours I played I was in a state of bliss, and as I was playing my energy was increasing instead of me getting tired. I don’t know if that was Wu Wei but it felt similar.

4) I had a vision that I was an old Chinese man walking with my wife (also a Chinese lady) through a forest. We got to a point where there was an energy source on the ground and it told me to be the source of all my incarnations. If I listen to its advice, I was told that I can exit the circle or rebirth during this lifetime.

5) I saw a previous life of mine where I was a nobleman in medieval Italy.

6) I had a lucid dream or at least a very vivid one where I was a Taoist priest, flying through the sky and fighting demons who were after me. I hid on a ceiling of a building resembling a gothic catedral. They were right under me in a huge room (I was able to see through the floor somehow), and they gathered a pile of naked unconscious people, for sacrifice purposes. The demons said (speaking about me), “he’s becoming too powerful, we must stop him”. Their intention was to be able to “see” where I am by killing all those people. The sacrifice would allow them to do so.

7) During the same period of meditation and training I’ve mentioned I tried once to focus on everything within my visual field at once, without being focused on one thing. I was being present and alert, ai just felt as if by not focusing on one thing my energies aren’t tied to one goal/task but everything is equally important. Then I entered a state of mind where I could feel that every object around me was almost like physically connected to me, and I started to cry, because I felt an amazing amount of joy by being united with everything. I walked for a few hours around the town, with tears on my face, and then it just slowly went off. 

I am not interested in developing any powers, but only into reaching that state where I am simply what I am, in contact with my true essence and energies, beyond the limits of the rational mind. Any advice is highly appreciated. I would also like to study some forms of Neijia or Baguazhang, that could help me learn more about myself but I need a good instructor, even in China.

• Like 3

Hello, Vuk, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Vuk,

I can feel from reading your post there's a lot of energy in your words and your presence.  As far as the nature of your experiences... I can only say you've started the journey, and the things you've experienced are natural and beneficial, but remember they are impermanent.  Enjoy the ride :) I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will help you.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rideforever said:

What Taiji were you practicing 6 hours a day ?   And what meditation ?

Hi rideforever.

The Taiji I practiced was a modified Yang style called Ma Tsun Kuen, I found this school in Trieste, Italy.

At that time I was practicing more Baguazhang, hours of circle walking, static Bagua Qigong, and moving the cups (sometimes filled with water) on my palms by rotating my spine. 

This exercise might have helped me enhance my perception. As I was making progress I was using lighter objects since it’s harder to feel them. During the final stage I was using an empty super-light plastic glass with a CD under it. I started to feel it more because even the slightest lack of feeling and coordination would make it fall slip my palm.

When it comes to meditation I was just breathing and watching my thoughts come and go up to the point that there were almost no thoughts at all. Maybe it’s similar to some sort of Chan/Zen meditation, I don’t know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, Vuk, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Vuk,

I can feel from reading your post there's a lot of energy in your words and your presence.  As far as the nature of your experiences... I can only say you've started the journey, and the things you've experienced are natural and beneficial, but remember they are impermanent.  Enjoy the ride :) I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will help you.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thank you very much Fa Xin :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vuk said:

Hi, thanks for your response.

Slightly random question, but if you create a conscious thought stream (i.e start thinking slowly ... anything really ... perhaps say ... relax ... relax ... relax ) .... can you feel where in the body this voice is occurring.   For instance you can start by comparing upper and lower bodies - where is the voice coming from.   And if you can do that, narrow it down further and further ?

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Hi, thanks for your response.

Slightly random question, but if you create a conscious thought stream (i.e start thinking slowly ... anything really ... perhaps say ... relax ... relax ... relax ) .... can you feel where in the body this voice is occurring.   For instance you can start by comparing upper and lower bodies - where is the voice coming from.   And if you can do that, narrow it down further and further ?

I feel the voice somewhere around the solar plexus area.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vuk said:

I feel the voice somewhere around the solar plexus area.

Interesting, and if you explore in the head do you feel the voice also coming from up there somewhere or is it just in the solar plexus.
- this exercise is very interesting because of the varied responses, and very important because the voice in the head is very important but of our existence but poorly understood

4 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I can feel from reading your post there's a lot of energy in your words and your presence.

And many words allowed by the energy.

Hi Vuk.  Welcome.

Yes, it sounds like you have had some very impressive mental experiences.  I'm sure you will find folks willing to talk with you and offer advice.

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead.

Thanks, that would be really great. There’s a certain loneliness feeling that these experiences carry along with them and meeting people who know more and who had similar experiences would be significant for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rideforever said:

Interesting, and if you explore in the head do you feel the voice also coming from up there somewhere or is it just in the solar plexus.
- this exercise is very interesting because of the varied responses, and very important because the voice in the head is very important but of our existence but poorly understood

Now that you mentioned the head I definitely have some sensations in the center of the head, bit that might be just because you brought my attention to that area. However I still keep feeling something in the plexus area.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vuk said:

I’ve experienced several very significant experiences over years, and this far no one could tell me more about their nature.

You're one of the chosen ones.  Take good care of it.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Starjumper said:

You're one of the chosen ones.

Hi Steve,

If I am one of the chosen ones, will you not suggest that I choose silence to go with it?

Why? Taoism is being kept closest to my core values.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Steve,

If I am one of the chosen ones, will you not suggest that I choose silence to go with it?

Why? Taoism is being kept closest to my core values.

- Anand

I do not feel very comfortable with the “chosen one” label, plus I am not a big fan of labels or definitions, they aren’t too natural. It feels too much as a product of a dualistic perception, what’s “good” or “bad”. If there’s anything that deserves admiration it’s the nature itself, since it allows us to experience these phenomenons. I might have simply a more sensitive organism, so I would like to learn more about how it all works and how can I train it to obtain a deeper connection with nature/reality.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vuk said:

If there’s anything that deserves admiration it’s the nature itself...

th?id=OIP.9CkOC-Jzaq7F7TrsLNa4mgHaE7&pid=15.1&P=0&w=231&h=154

th?id=OIP.yel5W_P6e0Xq0IjIS9fyVAHaHV&pid=15.1&P=0&w=155&h=154

th?id=OIP.Az4gjxPPFbKBGnIeZIjHrQHaLH&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Hey everyone. After reading my original post, do you think that what caused point 3) could have been some kind of spontaneous and temporary activation of the Microcosmic Orbit? I don’t know, but as I wrote earlier in that period I did a lot of Qigong and other training and I am almost certain I hadn’t had sex for at least a month.

8 hours ago, Vuk said:

I do not feel very comfortable with the “chosen one” label, plus I am not a big fan of labels or definitions, they aren’t too natural. It feels too much as a product of a dualistic perception, what’s “good” or “bad”. If there’s anything that deserves admiration it’s the nature itself, since it allows us to experience these phenomenons. I might have simply a more sensitive organism, so I would like to learn more about how it all works and how can I train it to obtain a deeper connection with nature/reality.

agreed.  Words have meaning in our living framework.... like good or bad.  Residing in nature is better, but still within the local mind and body framework.   The deeper connection is not a  living framework of good or bad.. beyond nature too.   Word can't explain it, one can only experience it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dawei said:

... still within the local mind and body framework.

Good morning dawei,

Both my Teachers at TDB - X an Y - have shared "local mind" and "body framework" with me. 

Both terms - as perceptions and perspectives - are shared by X and Y.

In turn I will like to share my misunderstanding of them - my two cents worth with this from Vuk as an illustration.

10 hours ago, Vuk said:

After reading my original post, do you think that what caused point 3) could have been some kind of spontaneous and temporary activation of the Microcosmic Orbit? I don’t know, but as I wrote earlier in that period I did a lot of Qigong and other training and I am almost certain I hadn’t had sex for at least a month.

I will cut to the chase my take on what Vuk has said - underlining his message is sex.

Sex and anything sexual tend to be grabbed/trapped within these - one's "local mind and "body framework".

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

23 hours ago, Vuk said:

I do not feel very comfortable with the “chosen one” label

I didn't say 'the' chosen one, I said 'one of them', and take the word chosen lightly.  What it really means is you have some good potential and you could go far if you find a real path.

7 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I didn't say 'the' chosen one, I said 'one of them', and take the word chosen lightly.  What it really means is you have some good potential and you could go far if you find a real path.

Ok, I appreciate the explanation and the intention behind it.

1 hour ago, Vuk said:

Ok, I appreciate the explanation and the intention behind it.

It also means that you appear to be manifesting some high level past life mastery and some kind of what some call grace, that some immortals are watching you with kind intent.  Those all go together.  Take good care of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

It also means that you appear to be manifesting some high level past life mastery and some kind of what some call grace, that some immortals are watching you with kind intent.  Those all go together.  Take good care of it.

I hope I’ll figure out more about it during this lifetime.