3bob

Anyone sharing their secret sins?

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I never got any of those.  I never have been much for playing games.  If you don't want me, leave me alone - if you want me, come and get me.

how romantic and enticing that might sound to some fair lady...:blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

how romantic and enticing that might sound to some fair lady...:blink:

Well, it used to work when I was in my prime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Well, it used to work when I was in my prime.

you must have been a handsome devil so to speak, for that to work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't recall where I heard this, but it resonated and seems appropriate.

"if we were all to sit in a great circle and confess all of our darkest, deepest sins.  we would laugh hysterically at our collective lack of imagination." ~anon

As to my sins... I'm with a few others here... and don't believe any longer in any biblical or religious notions of sin.  I have an inkling though, of the harsh and painful impact my ignorance can inflict on others and myself.  There were also some years I feel were 'lost' to anger and resentment.  But these have released into the acceptance of what is and what has gone.  I'm much better at no longer dredging up the past to cause yet more pain in the present.

Particularly regarding the few times in life where I lashed out to hurt others with my words and was very successful to my later deep dismay.  These have not been fully released... but baby steps.  They happened, I accept it, I acknowledge it and recognize that that man and this one, while we look similar, are not the same men... and I release it again.  Every time it arises... release.  Like a bellows really.

and I no longer vow to myself not to make any more mistakes, I intend to try and make better mistakes.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

and I no longer vow to myself not to make any more mistakes, I intend to try and make better mistakes.

Indeed.  Whatever we do we should do the best we can at it.

virtues or sins could land one in the heaven or hell realms for a very long time, but not eternally...for the eternal is not really of eternal time and memory stretched out in a line as some may define it, but of the eternal now which is the Source where it's all happening. 

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

what, answer a rhetorical question...maybe in 72 days or whatever the number was from another post ? 

Edited by 3bob

12 minutes ago, 3bob said:

what, answer a rhetorical question...maybe in 72 days or whatever the number was from another post ? 

Work it out - I can wait.  One of my strongest attributes is patience.

yea, but we don't really have to work it out just like we don't really have to work out the Tao that is already in the works.

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Not your own I hope.

Some people set ladies hearts on fire .

Some do it to cars   .....    mhe .

( A friend bough this guy here that was looking for somewhere to stay . He had a wild look in his eyes. he had a look around and said "This place needs a good burn off. "  I agreed and commented how fire can be good ... as long as it doesnt get out of control . "

And he , with a now wilder look in his eye goes " Ohhhh I dont mind that at all, if it gets out of control ! " 

:wacko:         Nope , sorry, no spare room for anyone here at all !    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1