3bob

Anyone sharing their secret sins?

I wouldn't suggest doing so except with a True-guru who already sees and understands them,  

And with out help facing and overcoming such we will not get very far with any other type of secrets that are right under our noses... 

• Like 3

well then again some sharing of such but not getting into certain details. 

15 minutes ago, 3bob said:

well then again some sharing of such but not getting into certain details. 

What about yours?

Only sin I know of is Ignorance of our true nature :) 

Everything else is conceptual. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dwai said:

Only sin I know of is Ignorance of our true nature :) 

Everything else is conceptual. 

willful acts against  Dharma are more than conceptual... they are  karmic and binding until resolved.

(btw. and speaking of concepts the Self always knows the Self and can never be ignorant of that )

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 3bob said:

(btw. and speaking of concepts the Self always knows the Self and can never be ignorant of that )

And the ego always finds means to justify the ego. Becoming aware of this made me lose much less energy in trying to talk others away from their bad actions and invest more time investigating the way I fool myself.

I do understand your point 3bob. However, maturity made me realize that I will always be a "sinner", no matter how much effort I make trying to "perfect" myself. I guess that IS the reason why daoism makes sense to me. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 3bob said:

willful acts against  Dharma are more than conceptual... they are  karmic and binding until resolved.

By Dharma you mean svadharma? 

Because every individual's dharma is actually different based on their own inclinations and prārabdha karma. 

Yes Self always knows Self but self is the ignorance. I was joking about "ignorance being a sin" btw. Ignorance is a result of Māyā. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Psychedelics.

Except I don't see it as a sin. Just part of the liberation process.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3bob said:

I wouldn't suggest doing so except with a True-guru who already sees and understands them,  

And with out help facing and overcoming such we will not get very far with any other type of secrets that are right under our noses... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

It reminded me of someone who took his secret to the grave...

Forgive for being somehow "out of context" here 3bob.

"Blaise Pascal wrote this down on a piece of parchment and sewed into his coat where it was found after his death eight years later. It said,

Year of grace 1654, Monday 23 November, feast of St. Clement . . . from about half past ten at night to about half an hour after midnight, FIRE. God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob, not of philosophers and scholars. Certitude, heartfelt joy, peace. God of Jesus Christ. God of Jesus Christ. "My God and your God." . . . Joy, Joy, Joy, tears of joy. . . Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ. May I never be separated from him."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sin is a concept used mostly by religions for controlling the people.

There are no sins outside the mind of man.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Sin is a concept used mostly by religions for controlling the people.

There are no sins outside the mind of man.

and where is this "mind of man" is it also within The Tao?  And what of, "what is against the Tao will soon cease to be"?  Chap 30

Edited by 3bob

4 minutes ago, 3bob said:

and where is this "mind of man" is it also within The Tao?  And what of, "what is against the Tao will soon cease to be"?  Chap 30

Yeah, this is a difficult concept to speak to.

So let's use the word "Way" instead of Tao.

The Way of least resistance.  The mind of man oftentimes ignores the path of least resistance.

I will agree that the "mind of man" is an aspect of Tao.  However, it does not mean that the "mind of man" understands The Way of Tao and lives within accord with this.

• Like 1

mankind does know to various degrees when he is breaking with the Tao within himself, which is also breaking with the Tao that is within all beings

Edited by 3bob

Let's see.. my sins.  Classically..

Lust, oh yeah.. less these days due to age.  Not one I regret either.

Gluttony, definitely, nor has it abated with age.

Greed.. mild.. but there.

Sloth.. all the time.  I've even worked very hard for short periods of time so I can enjoy sweet sweet sloth.

Wrath, again, less with age, but had my share of anger.. most often pointless.

Envy, not too much, rarely for material things, but that still leaves a whole world of other wants.

Pride, I'm better then most people when it comes to fighting this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 3bob said:

mankind does know to various degrees when he is breaking with the Tao within himself, which is also breaking with the Tao that is within all beings

I can't argue with this.  There are some things that men do that are obviously and naturally wrong but they do these things anyhow hoping that they won't get caught.

I suppose these "naturally wrong things" could be considered sins.

• Thanks 1

I once broke with Dao over love.. and then confessed to Dao... Dao replied, "who and what is this Dao you talk of?" 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Let's see.. my sins.  Classically..

Lust, oh yeah.. less these days due to age.  Not one I regret either.

Gluttony, definitely, nor has it abated with age.

Greed.. mild.. but there.

Sloth.. all the time.  I've even worked very hard for short periods of time so I can enjoy sweet sweet sloth.

Wrath, again, less with age, but had my share of anger.. most often pointless.

Envy, not too much, rarely for material things, but that still leaves a whole world of other wants.

Pride, I'm better then most people when it comes to fighting this. 

Not everyday we get a lesson on the seven deadly sins... seems a good thread idea :)

thank you ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dawei said:

I once broke with Dao over love.. and then confessed to Dao... Dao replied, "who and what is this Dao you talk of?" 

She was playing hard to get...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

She was playing hard to get...

I never got any of those.  I never have been much for playing games.  If you don't want me, leave me alone - if you want me, come and get me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1