falcon

What is the most straight forward path to enlightenment

The most straightforward path summed up eloquently by Tantrik scholar practitioner Christopher Wallis:

the ultimate goal is simply recognition of one’s own fundamental nature. That is what is most worth seeking in this world.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

... recognition of one’s own fundamental nature.

If I don't know myself, who will know me?

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Limahong said:

If I don't know myself, who will know me?

Yourself and your fundamental nature are two different things. Look deeper.

2 hours ago, lifeforce said:

Look deeper.

I am a nobody and I am at peace with myself.

Edited by Limahong

21 minutes ago, Limahong said:

I am a nobody and I am at peace with myself.

This statement is implying dualism. 

I prefer more nuance/art, Lima.metamorphosis:Image result for spiritual metamorphosisImage result for spiritual metamorphosisImage result for spiritual metamorphosisImage result for spiritual metamorphosisRelated image

Edited by moment
better

9 minutes ago, moment said:

I prefer more nuance, Lima

Hi moment,

Very beautiful...

Image result for spiritual metamorphosis

Thank you and good night.

- Anand

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lifeforce said:

the ultimate goal is simply recognition of one’s own fundamental nature. That is what is most worth seeking in this world.

I believe Ramana Maharshi's method of self inquiry is the most direct practice to acheive this.

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yoga-articles/the-self-inquiry-method-of-ramana-maharshi/

Edited by falcon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, falcon said:

I believe Ramana Maharshi's method of self inquiry is the most direct practice to acheive this.

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yoga-articles/the-self-inquiry-method-of-ramana-maharshi/

Ramana Maharshi spent 9 years of nonstop meditation to "achieve" his goal of "eternal liberation" which happened when his heart stopped for 15 minutes and then suddenly a strong shock went from the right side of his heart to the left side, thereby restoring his spiritual light ego, from the formless awareness.

If you really study Ramana Maharshi he says to visualize light on the right side of the heart where there is a "secret pinhole" as the direct path to the formless awareness. He says at first to repeat I-I-I-I-I not as a mantra but rather as self-enquiry, as ALL thoughts are based on the root of the I-thought. So the logical question is where does the I-thought arise from? But he says this verbal "japa" is just the beginning and then to visualize light on the right side.

Ramana Maharshi says this practice will naturally cause the kundalini to rise up the spine and then down to the heart - I saw his image describing this, directly in a book from his ashram, from his time there and the book, at the South Asian Library (University of Minnesota) literally had the Shakti energy of Ramana Maharshi stored in the book! But Ramana Maharshi also recommended being vegetarian to weaken the body, so as to strengthen the mind.

Although he was ostensibly against the caste system, he relied on the Brahmin "mind yoga" or jnana practice and then to have his students take care of his body, as his body wasted away.

So we can call this the "direct path" but actually Ramana Maharshi called it the "three in one unity" of the three gunas - Tamas, Sattva, Rajas. And the Western followers of Ramana commonly confuse the "light" as in "enlightenment" with the Self but Ramana Maharshi was very clear that the Self is NOT the light. He said that when in deep dreamless sleep our mind returns back to the Self but our mind is ignorant, not aware of the Self. In contrast, in meditation, the light of spiritual ego becomes so bright that we lose awareness of the ego and the spiritual ego merges back into the Self. Ramana Maharshi says the Self is actually the "ether" force of the light - not the light itself.

So in Daoist Yoga - the Yuan Qi originates on the right side of the heart, as detailed in Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality - this is the SAME as what Ramana Maharshi teaches - the Ether as the SELF then "restarts" the sense of the spiritual ego as light, but the SELF is actually the Yuan Qi. And the practice of Ramana Maharshi relies on certain specific "strictures" in the context of the Brahmin caste system (as much as Westerners try to deny this). The "three in one" unity is actually the same as the T'ai Chi of Daoism - the three gunas is the oldest philosophy of India. So Ramana Maharshi's "direct path" is actually the same as the T'ai Chi Daoist alchemy training secrets.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Ramana Maharshi spent 9 years of nonstop meditation to "achieve" his goal of "eternal liberation"

Well, I have spent 77 years getting to the point I now am.  It has been one rough road with many destructive potholes.  But having attained immortality I am doing my best to re-surface all those roads for others.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:25 AM, silent thunder said:

Nice one...

Hi Creighton,

the most straight forward path?

realize it's here now.

be it...

wake up... right now.

(a) the most straight forward path?

Is there really such a path - straight forward?

TAO.gif

(b) realize it's here now

'here' + 'now' = the moment?

giphy.gif

(c) be it...

be it... <=> Beat it...?

(d) wake up... right now.

giphy.gif

- Anand

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Is there really such a path - straight forward?

If there is I totally missed it.  I went way off course.  But I saw a lot of interesting things and people.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Well, I have spent 77 years getting to the point I now am.  It has been one rough road with many destructive potholes.  But having attained immortality I am doing my best to re-surface all those roads for others.

(a) I have spent 77 years getting to the point I now am.

You should you taken "the-most-straight-forward-path"; then you would have saved 68 years (77 minus 9).

(b) It has been one rough road with many destructive potholes.

Take heart...

the-perennial-gale-of-creative-destruction-quote-1.jpg

(c) But having attained immortality...

Really?

(d) I am doing my best to re-surface all those roads for others.

tumblr_nb8k1isllj1tkl5ero1_500.gif

Edited by Limahong

Ah, the snake.  The millipede has a hundred legs but yet the snake can move much faster and it has no legs.

Paradox?  Irony?

Just now, Marblehead said:

... the snake can move much faster and it has no legs. Paradox?  Irony?

Kundalini.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Roombalini

Roombalini

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

But having attained immortality I am doing my best to re-surface all those roads for others.

Is your tongue stuck in your cheek? I also see that you liked Limahong's comment on Kundalini.  You caught me right in the middle of an edit. I tend to be a little slow that way. I always start with rough drafts.  Since yor reply has already popped up below, I guess I will move down.

Edited by moment

4 minutes ago, moment said:

I also see that you liked Limahong's comment on Kundalini.  What makes you an immortal and what have you personally experienced with? 

I don't do Kundalini.  Didn't even know what it is until I looked it up.  Never done any kind of Yoga either.

Being an immortal was BS.  But I know that I will live until I die so in my mind (that is where my understanding that I am alive resides) I am immortal because I will never know that I am dead after I die.

• Like 1