falcon

What is the most straight forward path to enlightenment

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Headache? 

That is amazing the shear volume of people that actually create headaches doing Chi Gung is astounding. They believe they are manipulating something in their mind and not allow for the energy to just flow and get out of the way. Some even practice energy rising without the descending like that is  what fire and water do in the natural world all the time, not.

Fire rises and water sinks I did not come up with this, it is not a mental construct and my thoughts do not change it. We can manifest our reality but we can not change the natural laws no matter how much we wish for. BUT there is something beyond the laws of yin and yang but it is not a material substance. I cant talk about that, It is way to quite and peaceful. 

• Like 4

On 8/6/2018 at 11:08 AM, dawei said:

~~~ Admin Notice ~~~

I removed many of Lima's posts, including one where he altered a quoted quote to appear that a member wrote something they did not write. 

Such fabrications may be funny at times but it was not well received.

Let's try to stay to topic.  Thanks.

Edited: Typos writing from a phone.  First line re-written for clarity.

(1)

?

Edited by Limahong

8 hours ago, falcon said:

Is there a reason from your own experience or tradition that this suggestion of yours derives from?

What type of results have you experienced from this?

I had previously been at the Haa Yoga Centre in Sweden (Satyananda Tradition), which is a very good place.

They had the equipment to do this mirror work (they do it also with a small candle in front that you concentrate on), with the lights off.  When I got back I just bought a mirror and sat in meditation in front of it.

What are the results ?
Well .... why don't you just do it ?   A mirror isn't expensive.
You begin to know yourself, your soul, it is very profound.
Who is looking, who am I ?
Can I see myself, can I feel myself.
Am I looking or being looked at.
In the end there is calm of self-meeting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rideforever said:

I had previously been at the Haa Yoga Centre in Sweden (Satyananda Tradition), which is a very good place.

They had the equipment to do this mirror work (they do it also with a small candle in front that you concentrate on), with the lights off.  When I got back I just bought a mirror and sat in meditation in front of it.

What are the results ?
Well .... why don't you just do it ?   A mirror isn't expensive.
You begin to know yourself, your soul, it is very profound.
Who is looking, who am I ?
Can I see myself, can I feel myself.
Am I looking or being looked at.
In the end there is calm of self-meeting.

Yeah, I can imagine that.

But I must ask, Who bought the mirror?

(I'll bet you did and it was with your eyes open.)

• Like 1

~~~ Admin Notice ~~~

I removed many of Lima's posts, including one where he altered a quoted quote to appear that a member wrote something they did not write. 

Edited: Typos writing from a phone.  First line re-written for clarity. (?)

(2)

Many?

Edited by Limahong

11 minutes ago, falcon said:

Not really frustration, but my experience is that just do it and then you will know, even if you just "try" with a hand mirror or the bathroom mirror, then you know yourself.   Otherwise it's always other people's words.

But yes it is very good, very straightforward, and very powerful.   You look at yourself.  Who is looking, who is behind ?

• Like 2

~~ ditto ~~

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

~~~ Admin Notice ~~~

Edited: Typos writing from a phone.  First line re-written for clarity.

(3)

Fabrications?

Edited by Limahong

On 8/10/2018 at 9:02 AM, Limahong said:

(1)  ?

On 8/11/2018 at 4:34 AM, Limahong said:

(2)  Many?

7 hours ago, Limahong said:

(3 Fabrications?

tumblr_lyfy8bSqwf1qfht60o1_500.jpg

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 1

If you rest your arm on the table and then cover it up, then place a realistically looking fake arm where your arm could be if it were not hidden, then get someone with a brush to stroke the fake arm - you feel it.

The brain starts to get confused with reality and projects things that aren't actually happening. I can see how looking at a mirror could cause the brain to project the whole body outside of itself, and this could be really confusing for it (and bad).

• Like 1

I have personally used mirror regression. Dark room, large mirror, full lotus meditation, endlessly staring on your silhouete, with time it starts to fade away and you see different faces and human or non-human beings instead of your own face. Might be scary if you had non-human reincarnations. I have also seen spirits, ghosts, and astral creatures climbing over energy cocoon.

• Like 4

If you see any illegal aliens please send them back.

But yes, I can imagine what you said in my mind.  And yes, it could get scary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Be aware that not everyone is ready for this and it has caused some people to go off their rocker.  Possibly youngsters are the least prepared for it.

To Falcon,

There is a very safe intermediate step to the mirror meditation.  Sit in a comfortable position with a straight spine. Now,

start peeling layers.  First, feel your skin, then go inside and feel your breath and realize these are not you. Now, look at your thoughts and realize that you can separate your thoughts from you.  When for a brief time their is no thoughts, there is still you looking out. Keep feeling, sensing this you that is apart from everything else. Keep working on making this" I" the master that can be trained to observe your emotions, thoughts, and with more advanced development you can use this perspective to reduce pain to a substantial degree.

Do this for 30-90 days.  While you are doing this learn a variety of grounding techniques, with sets of Tai Chi being numero uno.

After all of that, give the mirror meditation a shot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, falcon said:

Since were on the subject of view shattering techniques.

Has anyone implemented extreme noting in their life? Or know of others with their success or failed experiences with it?

http://www.tathagata.org/DhammaTalks/Instructions/Mahasi_Instruction.html

Likes? Dislikes? Modifications?

I think some of these techniques are aimed in driving the person mad, thereby dropping all ego and identity during your inevitable psychotic break...

Just kidding around. I say give it a shot and tell us how it works. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Just kidding around. I say give it a shot and tell us how it works. 

Haha i tried for a couple hours straight. It got to the point where I was noticing some usually "un-recognizable" habits of ego clinging. I can see how it would work given it 100% for a month, but also enjoy life a lot less by constantly noting in the present moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, falcon said:

Haha i tried for a couple hours straight. It got to the point where I was noticing some usually "un-recognizable" habits of ego clinging. I can see how it would work given it 100% for a month, but also enjoy life a lot less by constantly noting in the present moment.

Being able to ground quickly in all situations is the most important thing you can learn.  But, most people have to learn that the hard way.

11 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I guess that is also a potential problem.

Maybe the kid I suggested it to got messed up because we had an additional requirement for this exercise.  That is to look at the mirror in the dark, with maybe just one candle, somewhere, not too close, under very dim lighting conditions.  Then if you stare into the mirror for some time you'll REALLY go for a wild ride.  I guess it's just for grownups though, as my young student found out the hard way :ph34r:

who is who in the mirror  ?

reminds me of the 'who is who'   with my midnight meditation / hand written note   'episodes'  .

(Except Apec claimed it was him snaeking into my house and leaving them notes ....  :angry: )

Edited by Nungali

10 hours ago, MopaiWarlord said:

I have personally used mirror regression. Dark room, large mirror, full lotus meditation, endlessly staring on your silhouete, with time it starts to fade away and you see different faces and human or non-human beings instead of your own face. Might be scary if you had non-human reincarnations. I have also seen spirits, ghosts, and astral creatures climbing over energy cocoon.

' energy cocoon'    ?   :huh:

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

If you see any illegal aliens please send them back.

But yes, I can imagine what you said in my mind.  And yes, it could get scary. 

You can do the scary version in the mirror or with a friend, close up. My Indo school friend showed me the trick in his darkened garage,  many years ago .... eventually their face 'changes'.  His 'exotic looks' made me think his turned into some type of 'cat demon' .....    :D

But we know already what    type of ' visions of regression '  you  would probably have  ....

Spoiler

photo-thumb-42212.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

We must have a proper adjustment to whatever reality is presenting to us in order to work-with metamorphosis.  This requires training in relaxation and grounding techniques.

Nice one Lima!

the most straight forward path?

realize it's here now.

be it...

wake up... right now.

Edited by silent thunder
add a phrase
  • Like 2