falcon

What is the most straight forward path to enlightenment

Faced with the reality that we have no fixed self, it is shown we can change each moment , and so there can be no transformations. 

The idea that there are, is an illusion born from the transient contact we have with others and the simplified symbolic characters we use to see one another. 

And the constancy required to show change is supplied by material quicksand of a dependent origination. 

so each moment is remade on the ashes of the moment before ,and to the degree we pull up the anchors , the past is gone, gone as gone can be, and yet written in stone ,indelible. 

• Like 2

How does it go?  Change is the only constant.

And more often than not, I think, the changes are inspired by externals more often than internals.

• Like 1

And most people find it impossible to go with the flow and end up being dragged out to sea, whereas, it's always possible to swim across the rip current (unless, of course, you're unable to swim).

What's sad about this is that in this instance I could have thrown him a life jacket that might have allowed him to swim across this particular rip but instead, he chose to ignore the possibility of a creative solution that would possibly have kept both sides of this dispute entirely happy.

For myself, I removed all his memes months ago by using the Ignore function. That had the benefit that those who apparently enjoy them (including @memeahong/spamahong) can continue to enjoy them and I can always unhide posts if I'm curious.

Incidentally, the life jacket that he chose to reject was the suggestion that he wrapped all his memes within a single Spoiler function, which might have kept whoever succeeded in getting him to ban himself entirely happy as well. Although, I cannot understand why the complainants didn't just swim across the rip themselves by use of the Ignore function. What could be easier?

☮️

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stosh said:

Faced with the reality that we have no fixed self, it is shown we can change each moment , and so there can be no transformations. 

The idea that there are, is an illusion born from the transient contact we have with others and the simplified symbolic characters we use to see one another. 

And the constancy required to show change is supplied by material quicksand of a dependent origination. 

so each moment is remade on the ashes of the moment before ,and to the degree we pull up the anchors , the past is gone, gone as gone can be, and yet written in stone ,indelible. 

I think ZZ called it: A springtime in every moment.

• Like 4

*shrug*  as you see it.

to me, I can veritably taste the paradox... and it's blissful.

an inroad to the mysterious gateway.

utterly constant, the never ceasing shift of change.

life imbued with bouyant groundedness

simultaneously grounded in the seeming solidity of the manifest

while saturated in the quantum soaring influence of never ceasing shift

pure magic!

Edited by silent thunder
add the word soaring
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

*shrug*  as you see it.

to me, I can veritably taste the paradox... and it's blissful.

an inroad to the mysterious gateway.

utterly constant, the never ceasing shift of change.

life imbued with buoyant groundedness

simultaneously grounded in the seeming solidity of the manifest

while saturated in the quantum soaring influence of never ceasing shift

pure magic!

That ^ well describes the same way dao is in all things. Unboundaried. Both, same time.

• Like 2

rene... your voice... or the voice I've assigned to you in my mindscape rings that phrase in my life on a regular basis lately.

There is never yin without yang.  They are imbued within each other and generate each other spontaneously in a never ending dance of supportive harmony.  They are two seemingly separate aspects only due to my perceptive tools.  When a wave crests in yang movement, yet moves due to receptive yin, flowing as it's pulled by the yang of the moon's or the wind's influence... The wave rises in yang until the yang pull of the wind and moon can no longer support its own weight, then the ever present yin shifts and the wave settles in balance.

every wave is comprised of yin and yang simultaneously... there is never a set of waves that are all crests, or all troughs... break a stick and you have not a stick of top and one of bottom, but two sticks with top/bottom

the action of dao is like a bellows...

Both are everpresent and of one unified flowing process, not two.

What I used to perceive as two opposing separate things... I now experience as two complimentary expressions of one unified spectrum of

wait for it...

both... same time

Edited by silent thunder
added phrases for clarity
  • Like 2

thinker and thought

buyer and seller

light and shadow

none of these are separate

they are each other, complimentary, supportive and of one spectrum

not two

6 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

thinker and thought

buyer and seller

light and shadow

none of these are separate - yes, they still are separate

they are each other, complimentary, supportive and of one spectrum

not two

"Not two" - is still only half of it.

Coming to the realization that all things are simultaneously 'separate' and 'not-separate' -- the fullness of "Both, same time" appears.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rene said:

"Not two" - is still only half of it.

Coming to the realization that all things are simultaneously 'separate' and 'not-separate' -- the fullness of "Both, same time" appears.

such an important distinction that remains elusive...

thank you my friend for that clarification.  in my fervor to express what I feel and seem to know, I often skim past the jist of things.

*deep bow*  you are deeply appreciated

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Symbiosis?

☮️

I like that! A spiritual symbiosis: between Dao and all that has arisen. ^_^

Edited by rene

3 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

such an important distinction that remains elusive...

thank you my friend for that clarification.  in my fervor to express what I feel and seem to know, I often skim past the jist of things.

*deep bow*  you are deeply appreciated

thanks!

No worries re elusive.

'Either/or' thinking is hard to overcome.

Especially with so many saying 'Life is just an illusion' - and then being whacked by Marblehead's chair. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do not know anything about enlightenment.

The best path is physical and tangible. The post heaven energies we are all born into gets stuck deep into the bones and tendons. By practicing internal martial arts we are able to rid ourselves of this energy, we feel better and our life is more enjoyable. I will take joy and happiness of life, to actually celebrate life as a daily experience over enlightenment any day. Plus I don't like to put obstacles  in my way. 

If you see enlightenment in your path just kill it. Then we can dance, sing and laugh over this so called enlightenment.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I do not know anything about enlightenment.

The best path is physical and tangible. The post heaven energies we are all born into gets stuck deep into the bones and tendons. By practicing internal martial arts we are able to rid ourselves of this energy, we feel better and our life is more enjoyable. I will take joy and happiness of life, to actually celebrate life as a daily experience over enlightenment any day. Plus I don't like to put obstacles  in my way. 

If you see enlightenment in your path just kill it. Then we can dance, sing and laugh over this so called enlightenment.

Well said mate!

• Like 1

In answer to the topic title this is what i got:

Be quiet and don’t neglect anything. Keep at it.

Caution: nothing is expendable and everything is a distraction.

• Like 5

On 8/1/2018 at 12:34 PM, rideforever said:

- Buy a square mirror about 50x50cm from Ikea, and put it on the floor by a wall.   Sit in front of it looking into your own eyes, for half an hour a day.

Is there a reason from your own experience or tradition that this suggestion of yours derives from?

What type of results have you experienced from this?