Lightseeker

Advanced Magick and occult grimoires

On 1.8.2018 at 12:20 AM, Nungali said:

yes, I was going to mention that .

What do you think is the source of the Picatrix knowledge ?

Greek magic tradition must have been rather influential. As far as the book's general philosophical framework goes, this is informed by Hermetism and neo-Platonism. The decan system it employs is of Egyptian origin. It's a magical potpourri, really... :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aetherous said:

More like a middle finger icon.

You dont have one of those ?

here, you can borrow mine

52ef2c970932ba402f79e643838c03c0--johny-

Use it whenever you feel you need to .

Spoiler

6c67c385469a2eeab162b22d91f4e91a_you-re-

• Like 1

There are many grimoires out there: the paradigms of magic has changed so much since I was a child... and I'm not that old. 

I've read those books, but I found no special value for me... because of... maybe planetary forces and shit. Who knows? 

My suggestion is to find the "magical era" that resonates with you the most... and begin your study from there. 

Crowley was a bridge to many modern magical paradigms. You would learn a lot from his Magick. 

But maybe it would just be better to begin with chaos Magick. 

Once you get the Key that resonates with you, it's time to delve into everything else. 

BTW, Crowley wasn't the beast666, but Nungali actually is! :-P

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

There are many grimoires out there: the paradigms of magic has changed so much since I was a child... and I'm not that old. 

I've read those books, but I found no special value for me... because of... maybe planetary forces and shit. Who knows? 

My suggestion is to find the "magical era" that resonates with you the most... and begin your study from there. 

Crowley was a bridge to many modern magical paradigms. You would learn a lot from his Magick. 

But maybe it would just be better to begin with chaos Magick. 

Once you get the Key that resonates with you, it's time to delve into everything else. 

BTW, Crowley wasn't the beast666, but Nungali actually is! :-P

Which of course you will not debate here , as its off topic  . However if any one wants to PM   Cat Smile   (  as a PM is where no one else can challenge and correct )  information will be supplied to you to tell you  how big and nasty Nungali  really  is .

Spoiler

32e8c922366a7df8daf96c439b023fdda2b9833b

;)

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Which of course you will not debate here , as its off topic  . However if any one wants to PM   Cat Smile   (  as a PM is where no one else can challenge and correct )  information will be supplied to you to tell you  how big and nasty Nungali  really  is .

Reveal hidden contents

32e8c922366a7df8daf96c439b023fdda2b9833b

;)

Are you the most advanced  magick practioner on this forum?

Edited by Lightseeker

9 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Are you the most advanced  magick practioner on this forum?

Nooooo way !  

I am just old and practised in  some areas of the western traditions.   There are some Daoist magicians here  as well .

I might be different in that I have studied some of the process academically via cultural anthropology, I learnt and got experience, I followed a curriculum   ( gotta learn to walk before run ) , made my own 'tools' ( 'magical weapons' ) , built my own temple, made temple furnishings, regalia, kept diaries of workings etc etc .

A lotta people talk , but often cant deliver the goods re practical experience.  Talk but no walk.

I have walked a lot and talk a lot,  But there could be people right under our noses that have walked very far and dont talk at all  ;) 

My speciality is in the initiation tradition ; cross culturally, that is , as an essential human dynamic and from an anthropological and practical view . 

Spoiler

I bet  that  response  was not expected by some  .

It was very tempting to write ;

Well, yes, now that mention it , indeed I am

maxresdefault.jpg

We  do have some interesting western  tradition down here

-  I mean  this is the place where Theosophical Society built an amphitheatre  to watch Krishnamurti walk on the water across Sydney Harbour   :)

star-amphitheatre.jpg

Hmmmm .... looks a little  'unattended' 

east.jpg

If you look really closely you can see Krishnamurti  walking on the water ,   just upper left of dead centre, lower right up down   - of the wet part  in the image    ^

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Nungali and me (with friends) having a discussion about Aleister Crowley.

351664-sepik_2048x1152.thumb.jpg.9e5d79d9af4572e9ece214ad2ce964b0.jpg

Thats  85   Lightseeker ,  dont believe him !

I visted Sterney  last year   to witness his  goetic evocation   ..... :rolleyes:

... didnt fool me a bit ! 

5a897ede8dc4684381091b843ac18b10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

I visted Sterney  last year   to witness his  goetic evocation   ..... :rolleyes:

... didnt fool me a bit ! 

5a897ede8dc4684381091b843ac18b10.jpg

I know him, he used to be my gardener!  Still trying to pass himself off as some kind of Master Magician is he?

Some people never just never learn!

ZYD

3 hours ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

I know him, he used to be my gardener!  Still trying to pass himself off as some kind of Master Magician is he?

Some people never just never learn!

ZYD

Used to be ... until that full moon night you went for a walk in the garden and   behind the back shed  ......

5816224901929e75bcfbb010da05a53e--daguer

Edited by Nungali

What do 'witches call that again ?    ..... oh yeah ;   'skyclad'  

Spoiler

03143c44acbf0f4ac7470161218251e2.png

• Like 1