Raindancer

Thoughts on past "supernatural" experience?

:D

Polite and sometimes fun they sure are, and I guess if they had the right technology at that time, they could've pranked me!

2 hours ago, rene said:

Lets go with that...and you can easily guess who that 'someone' would be.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That someone, nope, no clue, but who are you thinking of. Lao Tzu?   My teacher always put it this way "somebody upstairs" and he would point upwards.

2 hours ago, rene said:

Just joking of course, but we do share the same birth date (15th day of the second lunar month in 615 B.C. which corresponds to mine) so who knows? :P

Um, you talkin' to me?  Do you also have green eyes?

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

That someone, nope, no clue, but who are you thinking of. Lao Tzu?   My teacher always put it this way "somebody upstairs" and he would point upwards.

Um, you talkin' to me?  Do you also have green eyes?

LOLOL Never mind.

point_missed.gif&f=1

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Raindancer said:

I've noticed ^_^ I'm a bit of a sceptic, but I'm open for suggestions. My mind is not easily turned by ideas without the consent of my inner being (hard to describe), but if I feel something, and it all feels right, that is what I will go on.

Maybe it was just a ball lightning, who knows. I'm open to ideas.

Well said!  Some level of scepticism is good with these things.  But it is far more important also to be open to ideas.  If we shut ourselves because we got few different set of opinions and suggestions, it may not take one anywhere.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raindancer said:

I have not. I have never been to the north part of my country, which is a bit funny since it's probably there I will move someday.

I've just never gotten around to do it! Is that walk one you recommend?

Do you find the possibility of making such a pilgrimage towards your possibly future home to be appealing?

☮️

20 hours ago, ilumairen said:

It isn't the 'guru' empowering; it is an aspect of self. 

Isn't that a contradiction?

(Because if that's the case, there can be no transmission of enlightenment from one individual to another, because the Light is already resident in everyone).

☮️

41 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Isn't that a contradiction?

(Because if that's the case, there can be no transmission of enlightenment from one individual to another, because the Light is already resident in everyone).

☮️

:sigh:

Yes, it may appear contradictory - dependent upon individual understanding. 

19 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

:sigh:

Yes, it may appear contradictory - dependent upon individual understanding. 

I possibly just lack your intellectual stature.
Perhaps you could therefore explain (in reasonably simple terms) whether or not my understanding of your belief system is correct?
You appear to believe that you need a someone to transmit some thing to you that's in that individual self's possession but which is not already in your individual self's possession?

That explanation negates the existence of a universal self.

If that's the case, perhaps you also have an explanation of how the first individual gained possession of whatever thing it is that you believe needs to be transmitted to others?

As an aside (and in the interests of not wasting any more time on this off-topic cul-de-sac), perhaps I should disclose that, from my perspective, I find it useful to turn to Occam in these situations in order to avoid this logical fallacy. So, in the absence an explanation that negates the simpler and more practically useful model (that the Light  is already present in everyone and that It cannot be controlled by any individual), I'll continue to consider that you've just bought into some needy patriarch's narcissistic hubris.

Alternatively, perhaps we could just agree to walk silently in opposite directions (perhaps allowing ourselves to sigh silently to ourselves in the ensuing Silence if either of us finds that to be helpful)? 

☮️

:giggling:

I posted a bit of clarification regarding transmission in my ppd.  And we can continue a discussion there, if you'd like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daemon said:

Do you find the possibility of making such a pilgrimage towards your possibly future home to be appealing?

☮️

I'm not sure, I don't generally feel that drawn towards walking very far distances just for the sake of it. I'm more of a "sit down and observe" type of person.

Edited by Raindancer
typo

I'll be delighted to take up your very kind offer later.@ilumairen

Thank you for taking the time to clarify my misunderstanding.

☮️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I'm not sure, I don't generally feel that drawn towards walking very far distances just for the sake of it. I'm more of a "sit down and observe" type of person.

In that case, I wouldn't recommend tackling the King's Way.

☮️