Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I wonder if the disorder in the world is my fault, meaning that through my own attraction to the darkness I have phased into an alternate reality where there is more darkness, and that each moment I continue with this disorder-attraction I am going to phase into a darker and darker version of reality.

This is something you normally go through.

I have heard The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, where Thoth says that we should remember only the Light, always the Light, only the Light and fully drop this whole world.

Why not prefer what is?  Both yin and yang.  The three vinegar tasters.

Wherever you go whatever you do, never be without the growing of Light inside you.

Me no speeeky that language.

This whole world is trying to waste your time.

Modern world

• Like 2

Well, the world is what it is regardless of who views it.  That's the physical which includes the state of humanity.

How we perceive it and interact with it is a personal thing based in our preferences and biases.

We are not going to change the world.  But perhaps we can change the way we view it?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rideforever said:

I wonder if the disorder in the world is my fault,

I doubt that , you sound a bit like my XGF , she was a song writer, one of her lines :   " When I am sad the weather becomes dark and cold ."

I asked her " Dont you mean when the weather is dark and cold  that makes you sad ? "

" No . "  

:D   

However ,  disorder in  your own life   may be your fault .

meaning that through my own attraction to the darkness I have phased into an alternate reality where there is more darkness, and that each moment I continue with this disorder-attraction I am going to phase into a darker and darker version of reality.

Possibly .  I have a strong lunar horoscope . Most of what I do is Lunar based and I am very good at handling that energy. I wanted to increase it .  One of my first teachers told me I needed to invoke Solar energy .  Me ?     Pffft !  just goes to show what he knew !

But eventually I tried it ..... meh .   But I stuck with it. Eventually   wow what a difference  and   balance that made !   never looked back since .

" Balance each force with its opposite "   Some have even said  balance each  thought with its opposite .

or

"   ...  I reveal unto you a great mystery. Ye stand between the abyss of height and the abyss of depth. ..

. Many have arisen, being wise. They have said "Seek out the glittering Image in the place ever golden, and unite yourselves with It."

. Many have arisen, being foolish. They have said, "Stoop down unto the darkly splendid world, and be wedded to that Blind Creature of the Slime."

I who am beyond Wisdom and Folly, arise and say unto you: achieve both weddings! Unite yourselves with both!

Beware, beware, I say, lest ye seek after the one and lose the other!

My adepts stand upright; their head above the heavens, their feet below the hells. ...  "

(Liber Tzaddi )

I have heard The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, where Thoth says that we should remember only the Light, always the Light, only the Light and fully drop this whole world.   Wherever you go whatever you do, never be without the growing of Light inside you.

1. yes, invoke the light .

2. but always strive for   balance .

3.  Forget ''Emerald tablet of Thoth ,  its a crock  ;   here is real source    Emerald tablet of Hermes

http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emerald.htm

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/the-emerald-tablets-of-thoth-a-lovecraftian-plagiarism

And, after being in this world for quite some time I think he might be right.   This whole world is trying to waste your time.

New age rubbish   will lead you to  unhealthy and strange ideas .

The world is NOT trying to waste your time     YOU ARE  ...  (if you feel your time is wasted in the world .

ITS YOU !      Dont blame other things  , like   ' the world '

Its like Appollo shooting his lover in the heart with an arrow due to a jealous rage  ;  then he blames the person who informed him of her deed, the arrow, the bow, even his own arm ... anything but himself .

The world   can also be seen as a loving caring nurturing mother that will give you whatever you need . And your life can be seen as a beautiful joyous ecstatic unique expression  of your your own universally unique creative expression.  Its up to you .

Choose good and supportive  'companions'    ( influences ) , ones based in reality ,  not fantasy .   Its up to you .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thanks for that.  I think this is more interesting than it might seem.
Balance is good, at a level, it causes things to flow harmoniously .... but at a level.
Ultimately you either want the light or you don't, light isn't light and dark .... light is light .... light is knowledge.
We can be concerned with the mechanics of the universe, completing the circle, and understanding above and below, and it is important.
But it is a knowledge of this plane .... perhaps there is a devotion to truth that takes us beyond here, a hope a surrender to the light a light with no opposite that is of a different ilk.
The plane of polarities.   Or transcendence.
But .... my approach is practical and experimental, not knowing the truth I try them all .... and then I will see.
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth might be a crock .... but crock or not it might be true.

first there’s a mountain, then no mountain, then the mountain again. ⛰ 

Dont throw out the world just yet. It may fall away, just in time to come back and be a world that, rather than is out to get you, is itself the Light. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

Stating that whatever you see is your fault implies a misconception. The philosophy of personal responsibility only works in a non-dualistic framework that transcends notions of blame and self-blame. It is a very challenging philosophy, to be sure. Most of the LoA stuff I have seen falls short of that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rideforever said:

Hello.  Perhaps you could kindly explain what the following means, thank you :

4) The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
5) the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nourse.
6) The father of all perfection in ye whole world is here.
7) Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7a) Seperate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtile from the gross sweetly wth great indoustry.
8) It ascends from ye earth to ye heaven & again it desends to ye earth and receives ye force of things superior & inferior.

Its part of the first operation , water is needed , some use  'dew'   .   . .  morning dew.

How to convert it to earth ?    Its an 'alchemical operation '

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStZM4NFrG9048xjTlLGf

VERY briefly;

4. The basic 'co-joining requirement'  - the dew is condensed from the atmosphere and the interplay of Sun Moon / day night energies.

5.  It condenses out of the atmosphere onto the ground ( vegetation ) .

6. It contains a high potential

7.  The whole process ends in an earth like substance , and in that form its  'power' is released.

8.   How the 'dew' is formed in nature but also a very good and brief description of the process and theory  in alchemy.  It would take a while to give a long explanation, basically it is about the principle of alchemical circulation  and in BDs about the use of the two preparations 500 and 501 .    500 is the 'earth component  (pictured above )  and 501 is the atmospheric component. 

This is an example of one usage of the formular  ( agricultural alchemy ) , there are many others ; metallic, medicinal, etc .

The reason the writing is so cryptic is it describing a  base interior process applicable to many areas of operation .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rideforever said:

24. My disciples are proud and beautiful; they are strong and swift; they rule their way like mighty conquerors.

Yes

25. The weak, the timid, the imperfect, the cowardly, the poor, the tearful --- these are mine enemies, and I am come to destroy them.

26. This also is compassion: an end to the sickness of earth. A rooting-out of the weeds: a watering of the flowers.

27. O my children, ye are more beautiful than the flowers: ye must not fade in your season.

36. Many have arisen, being wise. They have said "Seek out the glittering Image in the place ever golden, and unite yourselves with It."

37. Many have arisen, being foolish. They have said, "Stoop down unto the darkly splendid world, and be wedded to that Blind Creature of the Slime."

38. I who am beyond Wisdom and Folly, arise and say unto you: achieve both weddings! Unite yourselves with both!

(Roar with laughter)

In the name of the Lord of Initiation. Amen.

Liber Tzaddi

Okay, I accept.   Is it not what I do and tell everyone anyway ?  

Who knows ?  You are going to have learn to write more clearly about  what you are actually on about,  to get a reasonable response .

I don't need to destroy the cowardly imperfect or poor,

Who told you you did in the first place ? ? ?    :wacko:

This is worrying ... I suggest you take Crowley's advice on the matter ; 

" Be not hasty to condemn others; how knowest thou that in their place, thou couldst have resisted the temptation? And even were it so, why shouldst thou despise one who is weaker than thyself? "

they are destroyed anyway .... the only possibility is to bridge the light to them, or not.   Do I not owe my own light to those who bridged it to me ?  Sometimes complete nobodies, just simple folk, they helped me.   And I remember them, and if I can I reach them again, and return what was ... invested.   With interest.   I owe them and I remember them, I wish to as I know the value of order in a world of chaos.

But yes our flowers must be full and proud, and only the water that overtops our cup can be shared.   And surely there is a lot of opportunity.

In balance we must also nourish as we have been nourished.

Do I wish to wedded to the dark creatures of slime .... well his phrasing leaves no room for escape.  Yes, and no.  St Francis died of Leprosy at 40 ish, so the wedding is limited by my capacities or all is lost  .... with the other end of the seasaw also probably.   In practical life I find the dark end of the spectrum much more disturbing then the light end, perhaps I understand these things imperfectly.

Then just see it as balance .  Strive for balance .

The way I see navigation through that flowery overt  prose is this , its a warning  about our propensity to avoid our own darkness and not delve into and resolve it , things not resolved  can grow and fester ... before you know it, you got a 'negative complex' .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_(psychology)

I am  used to seeing these ;  I am nothing but white light ...  I am nothing but a spiritual being .... or even a peace hippy type ... that has obviously not evolved psychologically one iota  and sprouts 'love'  but abuses the person he loves .    because they avoided, refused to acknowledge and help resolve their 'dark nature within' . 

There are many clever people at the darker end, but they still wish to play in the swamp, me .... I am done.

Good.

Edited by Nungali

Something that is very important is ... what is means by the blind creatures of the slime.

It can mean many things on different levels .  Try seeing it as unresolved deep emotional complexes .

Does that mean the simple folk ?

Oh no .    Salt of the Earth they are !

They are continent and "honourable" but of low level of consciousness (at least archetypally).

But there is a different kind of creature that is corrupt.
Those who talk high but inwardly are devious cunning fragmented and so on.
They are very confusing, and numerous in this world.
Where are they on the slime-o-meter ?

slimeometer.png

Probably quite far down below the simple folk.

I dont think  ' the simple folk' are  on the slime o meter .  Maybe you should read this ( from his main work ; Magick in Theory and Practice ;

This book is for
ALL:
for every man, woman, and child.
MAGICK
is for
ALL.

I have written this book to help the Banker, the Pugilist, the Biologist, the Poet, the Navvy, the Grocer, the Factory Girl, the Mathematician, the Stenographer, the Golfer, the Wife, the Consul --- and all the rest --- to fulfil themselves perfectly, each in his or her own proper function.

But .... they don't know their place.
They are dangerous.
It takes a great deal of inner care to dance with such people, whilst remembering their real place and yours at the same time.

Dancing with the simple folk is comparatively very easy.

I find the 'simple folk' can be quite complex at times .

• Like 1

There's no "you" who's going towards the "darkness" and therefore must feel guilty.

"feeling guilty about going into the darkness" is a false self-referential narrative.

Thoughts are arising but not "your" thoughts.

A lot of pretentiousness. I’d be more worried about going towards that than any “darkness”.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, rideforever said:

Hello.  Perhaps you could kindly explain what the following means, thank you :

4) The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
5) the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nourse.
6) The father of all perfection in ye whole world is here.
7) Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7a) Separate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtle from the gross sweetly wth great indoustry.
8) It ascends from ye earth to ye heaven & again it descends to ye earth and receives ye force of things superior & inferior.

Perhaps its a riddle, kinda like Dao meets Shakespeare. 

Possible Answer: What is Man ('s spirit/soul)? 

It describes, in general,  the transformation of substances .

I like Swinburne's   description of    ' What is Man '  :

Before the beginning of years

There came to the making of man

Time, with a gift of tears;

Grief, with a glass that ran;

Pleasure, with pain for leaven;

Summer, with flowers that fell;

Remembrance, fallen from heaven,

And madness risen from hell;

Strength without hands to smite;

Love that endures for a breath;

Night, the shadow of light,