Lightseeker

Anyone willing to share the Hidden Secrets

Those of you who have seen my other posts will know that I am an advocate of free sharing and distribution of all kinds of knowledge. This post is an open area by which those who are willing can share the secrets of their sect, or just any occult/spiritual mysteries they know about.  I am interested in all groups/societies (ordo templi orientis, hermetic order of golden dawn, eastern mysticism, theosophy, or any gurus like Sadhguru, Yogananda etc.)

Edited by Lightseeker

- There is no initiation, there is only self-initiation through stubborn work.

- Only exceptional efforts count.

- Progress is made through small concrete steps.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Progress is made through small concrete steps.

Agreed!

8. If good does not accumulate, it is not enough to make a name for a man. If evil does not accumulate, it is not strong enough to destroy a man. Therefore the inferior man thinks to himself, "Goodness in small things has no value," and so neglects it. He thinks, "Small sins do no harm," and so does not give them up. Thus the sins accumulate until they can no longer be covered up, and his guilt becomes so great that it can no longer be wiped out. In the Book of Changes it is said: "His neck is fastened in the wooden cangue, so that his ears disappear. Misfortune."

Ta Chuan / The Great Treatise, taken from I Ching by Wilhelm/Baynes, pp. 340-341

• Like 2

Translation : the inferior man thinks ... if I do some good it won't be enough to make a name for me, so why bother; and if I do a little harm it is not enough to destroy me, so why resist.   Thus he begins along the road downwards until there is no road back.

Very true.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Translation : the inferior man thinks ... if I do some good it won't be enough to make a name for me, so why bother; and if I do a little harm it is not enough to destroy me, so why resist.   Thus he begins along the road downwards until there is no road back.

Very true.

Maybe no road but there is always a way back.  But it will likely take at least twice as much work to get back to goodness than it took to travel the rocky roads.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Maybe no road but there is always a way back.  But it will likely take at least twice as much work to get back to goodness than it took to travel the rocky roads.

A stitch in time saves nine, not two.

Existence allows things to die if they go the wrong way, or they refuse the truth.
But the judgement of such things is far beyond us, existence decides.
Real risk is required for real life-joy.

1 minute ago, rideforever said:

A stitch in time saves nine, not two.

Existence allows things to die if they go the wrong way, or they refuse the truth.
But the judgement of such things is far beyond us, existence decides.
Real risk is required for real life-joy.

Different concept but linked.

Sure, if we don't know when to stop it is possible to become extinct.  And then, shit happens and we might become extinct no matter what choices we make.

But I don't hold to the concept of destiny so as I see it there are always choices we can enact that will totally change our course.

I agree, a full, rich and rewarding life requires risks.  We have to get up and do things and just go with our instincts that we made the best choices.

• Like 1

A major preliminary step in pretty much any such tradition is having a calm and clear mind...calm abiding meditation does the trick - basically bringing focus back to an object that holds our attention, instead of having the monkey mind run wild.

Another secret is that physical exercise is always important. Qigong, breathwork, whatever other health method, is not good enough. Our bodies need to work.

Aside from that...I think the only mystery that should be said here is the admonition to "seek until you find". This is meant to be helpful rather than any sort of barrier. Your thirst can only be quenched through legitimate means, and definitely not through any profanation of mysteries. It's sometimes necessary to go on the quest...things being handed to us, information freely given everywhere, is only a new concept in our current civilization, which some think is creating weaklings. That doesn't work for things occult. Integrity is the first step on the path.

So those are three tips: how to get a calm and clear mind, how to get a healthy body (two preliminaries or necessities), and how to quench that thirst.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Those of you who have seen my other posts will know that I am an advocate of free sharing and distribution of all kinds of knowledge. This post is an open area by which those who are willing can share the secrets of their sect, or just any occult/spiritual mysteries they know about.  I am interested in all groups/societies (ordo templi orientis, hermetic order of golden dawn, eastern mysticism, theosophy, or any gurus like Sadhguru, Yogananda etc.)

Hang on a minute there  .....    'sharing' is  to and fro ... what have you offered us , so far you have asked for an awful lot, but I dont recall you ever offering to share anything . Most of the time you won't even engage or answer a question .

Then you just keep putting up thread after thread on the same subject, not fully examining or responding to the dialogues already initiated .

This does have an advantage ; it is indicative     and a warning for you        on our future  path, that you have a tendency to get shallow and superficial, dart here and there, clutch what you seek and never really get deeply into a thing and track it and hunt its truth down.  I realise however that it is a trend nowadays - not to be able to focus a lot on any given thing and to expect immediate gratification,

Fortunately at this early stage, you can address this, before it beds in too much .

I could talk a lot about the subjects you mentioned, but why bother, it may be glossed over like in the other threads.  There you still have opportunity to chase up such lines of enquiry, instead of abandoning them and starting yet another one up again.

But, I will forgive you  ....  and share    'The Secret ' ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

- There is no initiation, there is only self-initiation through stubborn work.

- Only exceptional efforts count.

- Progress is made through small concrete steps.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rideforever said:

Progress is made through small concrete steps.

Good morning rideforever,

Yes small concrete steps.

Like for children perhaps.

This tune reflects well such a mindset.

Accept God for what it is in the tune or it can be thought of as the Divine, Tao...

I am floored by the colors.

- LimA

7 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Here is a secret that LiEhr whispered in my ear a long time ago:

Every action (and non-action) is one of simultaneous and equal creation and destruction. It is not possible to cause no harm; it is not possible to cause no benefit.

I call it a secret because even though it's obvious and clear to me - others seem to not be aware of it.

At least now you know.  ^_^

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

This post is an open area by which those who are willing can share the secrets of their sect, or just any occult/spiritual mysteries they know about.

Hi Lightseeker,

With the exception of human beings (of course with exceptions among them), how relevant are the highlighted words for other living things - when it comes to peaceful coexistence and strive in Nature?

- LimA

10 minutes ago, rene said:

I call it a secret because even though it's obvious and clear to me - others seem to not be aware of it.

Good morning rene,

You call it a secret because LiEhr whispered?

- LimA

12 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Good morning rene,

You call it a secret because LiEhr whispered?

- LimA

Good morning, LimA

No, I call it a secret because even though it's obvious and clear to me - others seem to not be aware of it. :lol:

Here is another thing LiEhr whispered to me (when I asked to be shown more)

What could I show you
that you have not already seen?

What could I tell you
that you have not already heard?

What could you learn
that you do not already understand?

There is no need to be kind, just be yourself.
Kindness comes naturally.

There is no need to be just.
As a whole human, you are already just.

Being who you are in your heart,
brings everything.

You already know these things.
They are naturally known, because they are natural.

What more could I say that would be of any use?

When LiEhr whispers, I listen. ^_^

Have a good day!

Edited by rene
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, rene said:

When LiEhr whispers, I listen.

I am listening too - through you. I am all LIEhars.

• Like 1

Come on Limmy, let it all out  , forgiveness is just inside the little box

3934a5461cddada117cf7ae7861b4c80.png

Spoiler

priest-drinking-alchoholwine-in-confessi

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rene said:

Every action (and non-action) is one of simultaneous and equal creation and destruction. It is not possible to cause no harm; it is not possible to cause no benefit.

Repeating this since even thought it was literally just spelled out people seem to have failed to notice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Come on Limmy, let it all out...

Aw come on  - someone is seeking the light and you hit the bottle?

Are you a latent Darkness-seeker?

9 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I am interested...

Hi Lightseeker,

These three words are tagged to your thread - secret, society and mystery.

Are you trying to form a - mysterious secret society?

If so, how can this be possible - "This post is an open area... "?

- LimA

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Lightseeker,

These three words are tagged to your thread - secret, society and mystery.

Are you trying to form a - mysterious secret society?

If so, how can this be possible - "This post is an open area... "?

- LimA

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hang on a minute there  .....    'sharing' is  to and fro ... what have you offered us , so far you have asked for an awful lot, but I dont recall you ever offering to share anything . Most of the time you won't even engage or answer a question .

Then you just keep putting up thread after thread on the same subject, not fully examining or responding to the dialogues already initiated .

This does have an advantage ; it is indicative     and a warning for you        on our future  path, that you have a tendency to get shallow and superficial, dart here and there, clutch what you seek and never really get deeply into a thing and track it and hunt its truth down.  I realise however that it is a trend nowadays - not to be able to focus a lot on any given thing and to expect immediate gratification,

Fortunately at this early stage, you can address this, before it beds in too much .

I could talk a lot about the subjects you mentioned, but why bother, it may be glossed over like in the other threads.  There you still have opportunity to chase up such lines of enquiry, instead of abandoning them and starting yet another one up again.

But, I will forgive you  ....  and share    'The Secret ' ! 

You make a valid point. Going forward I will do so. Do you present an opportunity for me to chase down?

54 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Aw come on  - someone is seeking the light and you hit the bottle?

Nah. thats not me in there ..... but if it was I could be drinking  and

" For your penance, go smoke a joint and have a good **** "

Now  thats   religion !

54 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Are you a latent Darkness-seeker?

Nothing wrong with the darkness ... or night .....  or black people  .... or the left hand or the Moon or  female or .....

• Like 1