Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

Friday Energy : Collective Drunk Energy

Friday is a difficult day for me, whether it's trying to avoid the cars that are braking late and cutting every corner so that they can be the first person to get home after 5 days of self-torture and watch TV .... or deal with the surrounding community all loosening their belts, getting drunk, spraying it all out, overdooing everything as away to anebriate themselves to forget the week.

Being in a crowd of drunks loosennig their pants and loosening their tongues .... well I feel the effect, I start wanting to do the same.

So I deal with it by firstly : doing something different, changing up my qigong practices or meditation practices, which sort of rides the Friday energy wave, like swimming diagonally across a stream.   Or I do a lot of simpler practices (going back to basics), breathing meditation, zhang zhuan grounding work.

Every day has it's own energy.   Monday is like .... "OK let's get up and DO IT" ... as the world wakes up and pushes itself back into the machine.    Tuesday can be quite depressed.

Saturday is a bit like Friday but with less desperation and urgency.

Sunday can be boring so I get up early and do a whole body workout and keep the morning full.

In astrology, there's something called the 'planetary hours' where every day has a day time planetary ruler which starts at sunrise and a night time planetary ruler which starts at sunset. 

Friday starts out under the rulership of Venus, the goddess of beauty, lightheardness and fun. After sunset on Friday, Mars takes over rulership, the God of action and war, bringing excitement and recklessness.

Tuesday can be quite depressed.

Tuesday night, from a planetary hour perspective, is the most depressing nights of the week as it's ruled by Saturn which brings heaviness, melancholy and seriousness. At night, Saturn's negative qualities are magnified since Saturn doesn't do well in darkness, which is why Tuesday night often feels dull, depressed and like it drags on for so long. The day time on Saturday is actually ruled by Saturn as well. but Saturn likes the day. During the day it's positive qualities are available making the daytime on Saturday good for planning, structure, fixing things etc.

• Thanks 1

I am happily retired.  Every day is another day, not much different from yesterday and likely about the same as tomorrow.

Sometimes I get up in the morning and call the day off.  Wu wei time.

Interesting topic,  I've thought about that collective energy on weekend nights before. Staying at home and relaxing on say a Wednesday, and doing the same on a Friday or Saturday, just feels palpably different doesn't it. And it feels like more than just the cognitive awareness that a lot of the population are out on the town drinking and whatever else, and you're not (though I sometimes am, admittedly haha). 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this