Sign in to follow this  
Zork

Hello

Hello. Non english native speaker reaching his forties here. Used to train in martial arts a long time ago.

I have a taken an interest in Hermetics and the works of Franz Bardon and in recent years Buddhism.

I don't believe i can contribute somehow in your conversations but i am curious about the similarities between hermeticism

and the eastern internal/energy arts.

• Thanks 1

Hello, Zork, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Zork,

I'm sure you could contribute and add to the discussions here.  There's many people here interested in Frabato and the things he did.  I think the first couple steps in Initiation in Hermetics are a solid starting point for anyone looking to improve themselves.  Welcome and enjoy.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin

Welcome. I actually have a background with Initiation into hermetics and in my practice there are a lot of similarities into it, the only difference is the physical movement of the body to generate energy which the teachings of barron lacks. But all in all from prayers, concentration and focus it has a lot of similarities. I'll be glad to exchange some ideas with you.

• Like 3

thank you for the warm welcome.
The reasoning behind "I don't believe i can contribute somehow in your conversations" is that i am a novice and there is no point in me debating with more advanced practitioners.
Unfortunately i have no teacher due to location (the nearest one should be around 3000 miles away) and family (wife+2 kids) so i have to make compromises. I use the works of Franz Bardon as a way of learning due to the fact that he wrote the books for people like me that cannot have teachers due to physical limitations.
The reason i stuck with these works is that i found out in the description of the magnetic and electric fluids the elements are reversed in left handed people. My former martial arts teacher told me that years ago so i knew that i found something.
There are too many scammers around so it's better to be wary.

Hi Zork.  Welcome.

Oh, I'm sure you will have a question or two.  After that you will be involved in the discussions.

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hi Zork.  Welcome.

Oh, I'm sure you will have a question or two.  After that you will be involved in the discussions.

Thank you. I do have questions. The timing isn't right yet.

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Zork-- good name. I played that game on my computer years ago, great series.

I have only played the first one. I like the sound of it. Makes no sense, i know.:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zork said:

Thank you. I do have questions. The timing isn't right yet.

Yep, sometimes timing is everything.

Sign in to follow this