Lightseeker

Can anyone teach me Psychic techniques?

6 hours ago, lifeforce said:

But it was you that suggested such a path, not me. I never 'demonised' anyone.

I think you should read more carefully - I suggested no such path.

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

What is the point of talking about something when you dont have it?

Sounds a lot like most people with what they want to do after college before they've even been accepted into a university. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

And they usually never ever become what they wanted.

Or worse, become what they wanted just to find out that they didn't know the implications and consequences of it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GSmaster said:

All I hear is about being responsible with power, I have yet to see anyone who actually has any power!

What is the point of talking about something when you dont have it?

“Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know. Close your mouth, block off your senses, blunt your sharpness, untie your knots, soften your glare, settle your dust. This is the primal identity. Be like the Tao. It can’t be approached or withdrawn from, benefited or harmed, honored or brought into disgrace. It gives itself up continually. That is why it endures.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

Do you know the difference between personal experience, and citation from book?

Yes, and that's the reason I posted this quote. You have no idea about my experiences, likewise I know nothing about yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSmaster said:

And they usually never ever become what they wanted.

And are proud of the name of the school and its reputation before they even get accepted, let alone have the effort and knowledge evaluated.

Power is not useless but flaunting power one doesn’t have or criticizing the concept of power is again one thing I will say about it: when you have actual power, you won’t talk about it or prove it to anyone because the real thing is not what people believe it to be. And it’s not worth it trying to explain when people have their own ideas about power already and won’t listen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Why would you think so?

Because I don't believe you can read my mind. Anything I convey to you, or anyone else, about what I have or haven't learned/unlearned would not be satisfactory. Words are just words and not the experience of what is behind them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

And are proud of the name of the school and its reputation before they even get accepted, let alone have the effort and knowledge evaluated.

Power is not useless but flaunting power one doesn’t have or criticizing the concept of power is again one thing I will say about it: when you have actual power, you won’t talk about it or prove it to anyone because the real thing is not what people believe it to be. And it’s not worth it trying to explain when people have their own ideas about power already and won’t listen.

So true

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

I can steal all your experience directly from your mind without any talking.

I could also put things inside you, like an observer.

For me you and anyone else is like a code, which can be read as open book.

Sages are terrifying beings. 

Why do you think a being like myself even goes online. :D

This is quite pathetic. I'm done communicating with you.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:09 AM, lifeforce said:

Because I don't believe you can read my mind. Anything I convey to you, or anyone else, about what I have or haven't learned/unlearned would not be satisfactory. Words are just words and not the experience of what is behind them.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, GSmaster said:

I can steal all your experience directly from your mind without any talking.

I could also put things inside you, like an observer.

For me you and anyone else is like a code, which can be read as open book.

Sages are terrifying beings. 

Why do you think a being like myself even goes online. :D

Mildly interesting..

So what is the reason for a being like yourself to go online?

35 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

For self reflection, to get insights from chaos.

Things here are predictable many, some are unpredictable.

Variables can be used for calculations and as a random factor for insights.

I.e. we could talk about circle, which is just a circle, but when I think about circle, I am being reflected to a different analogy, that analogy reflects further, then I remember things, and start to extrapolate the model, after extrapolation, I start calculations, after calculations I begin stealing knowledge.

Another thing, I consider communication on a forum as a mild form of exercise. Sometimes it is entertaining, sometimes it is annoying, but the benefit comes from thinking itself on different topics.

In a nutshell... Entertainment

I am seriously wondering if Psychic Powers do help or hinder one with facing their own moral demons, the flaws in their own character developments.

B)

• Thanks 1

I've always had the feeling that if you want to accumulate power you've got to develop strong equanimity first.  Ie not being affected by the slings and arrows the world throws at you.  Cause we all wobble and the more 'juice' you get the more crazy happens the higher you go- Manic behavior, Messiah complexes, plain old paranoia await those who haven't gotten strong balance down.  That's what so much of the dharma literature is about.  Not secret techniques but humility. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 2ndchance said:

wondering if Psychic Powers do help or hinder one with facing their own moral demons, the flaws in their own character developments.

Some ‘psychic powers’ or siddhi come about as a side effect of proper training. They shouldn’t be disregarded or demonised - they’re indications of progress and can be used skilfully.

However they do usually come about after a certain level of inner transformation has occurred, so the likelihood of misuse is lessened (but not eliminated)

5 hours ago, thelerner said:

That's what so much of the dharma literature is about.  Not secret techniques but humility. 

Exactly.

Training for psychic power by itself is only ever harmful - to you and everyone you touch - on quite a deep level (beyond one lifetime).

It’s basically like becoming a confidence trickster... with the same level of power (obviously some but empty) and at least the same amount of damage done to you and others in the long run.

Sometimes when people feel disempowered in some way their mind turns to these sorts of things.

It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, it just means you’ve been deeply hurt in some way and you need to heal that wound rather than acting in the world from that place of hurt.

If you pursue psychic power from this place of hurt then you will certainly become a force of ‘evil’ in the world - however you try to spin it and make it seem acceptable to your mind. And this will only increase your inner torment, pass it on to others and you’ll all have to deal with it over lifetimes...

So it’s up to you I guess - heal yourself or become an evil monster of a person 😄

And if you do manage to heal yourself and then carry on with a classical spiritual discipline you may well gain true power that actually brings good to the world... so there’s that too :)

• Like 6

The degree to which siddhi's manifest seems directly proportionate to the level of unity, love and compassion present in the flow of the individual in which they arise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

The degree to which siddhi's manifest seems directly proportionate to the level of unity, love and compassion present in the flow of the individual in which they arise.

Actually not always. Maybe unity... but not always the virtues.

It’s always best to be cautious - there are for example many gurus that have a powerful, attractive presence with a certain transmission, but no virtue (and they often end up in some scandal).

I think siddhi are a better indication of skill (Gong) - whether on the consciousness or energetic realm. But not always of virtue.

Edited by freeform
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, thelerner said:

I've always had the feeling that if you want to accumulate power you've got to develop strong equanimity first.  Ie not being affected by the slings and arrows the world throws at you.  Cause we all wobble and the more 'juice' you get the more crazy happens the higher you go- Manic behavior, Messiah complexes, plain old paranoia await those who haven't gotten strong balance down.  That's what so much of the dharma literature is about.  Not secret techniques but humility. 

Let's say the siddhis manifest in the god realm. It is said that the demigods sling arrows at the gods, and grow ever more frustrated as the arrows fall as flowers at the god's feet. And in this, your analogy is very fitting. 

However, for as easy as the gods appear to have things they are still subject to decay, death, and abandonment as their vitality and health fades. 

Edited by ilumairen
typo
  • Like 1

The siddhis or Psychic Senses are nothing more than extensions of the senses and ones that are different that are normal yet  not needed to be activated in any high degree while incarnate on earth.

Some believe they are nothing more than a distraction and a hindrance on the way to some imagined something which they can not even describe.

If we follow these assertions  then people should be blinding themselves as sight is a distraction as well or at the very least take your glasses off so you may see less and therefore be less distracted.

For a near sighted person this means you are now at a severe disadvantage of even being able to survive in the world as you will not be able to drive your vehicle or ever go anywhere that is less than very familiar to you without the crutch of another person to tell you what you cannot see and guide you in your blindness. Furthermore in your blindness of seeing less you will draw false conclusions concerning people and the world around you as well.

So when in Rome....... What develops on it's own in time or via practices is fine just fine. When the need is present the ability develops until the need is present it does not. 

So you may ask how this need becomes a need.

When I was young no one knew I needed glasses, I used to run up to the eye chart memorize it and repeat it mentally in my head desperately to fool the School nurse so I would not be forced to wear glasses. It was not until my eyes became so nearsighted that there was no hiding it that I got glasses from that day forward my perceptions of the world were forever changed.

When either through just plain living and inner growth find yourself aware of inner space, silence, stillness, spaciousness then you will need to be able to operate there, in order to do so physical eyes alone are not enough, neither are any of your regular senses so the senses that are needed come on line the body for this also develops and there is carry over into the realm of flesh and bone and blood and feather and fur.

This is the natural unfolding un-contrived unhurried way.

Then there are the ways of contrived practices which lead one to the same stillness, the same spaciousness, the same silence. Practices however tend to take one deeper into these realms at a more accelerated rate. The body for these grows at an accelerated rate as do the senses.

I think the rest should be rather easy to work out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Actually not always. Maybe unity... but not always the virtues.

It’s always best to be cautious - there are for example many gurus that have a powerful, attractive presence with a certain transmission, but no virtue (and they often end up in some scandal).

I think siddhi are a better indication of skill (Gong) - whether on the consciousness or energetic realm. But not always of virtue.

Very well said mate.

Wholly agree and appreciate the expanded perspective.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 8:59 PM, Nungali said:

On a more serious note  Light seeker

What exactly are these psychic powers  you mentioned ? Saying 'like  Osho, like Rasputin' is too vague .

What specifically ?

My tradition is western magical / hermetic , like those three above ( osho basically used neo Reichian body work and psychology with mystical sounding eastern terminology.

I will give you free on line lessons about that . The first is about usage and intent  (as others mentioned )  and a big warning but we need to say WHY  you need a warning . That is because, with wrong intent and usage, you yourself will become a victim of those very powers you sought to master !

To obtain Magical Power, learn to control thought; admit only those ideas that are in harmony with the end desired, and not every stray and contradictory Idea that presents itself.

Fixed thought is a means to an end. Therefore pay attention to the power of silent thought and meditation. The material act is but the outward expression of thy thought, and therefore hath it been said that “the thought of foolishness is sin.” Thought is the commencement of action, and if a chance thought can produce much effect, what cannot fixed thought do?

Therefore as hath already been said, Establish thyself firmly in the equilibrium of forces, in the centre of the Cross of the Elements, that Cross from whose centre the Creative Word issued in the birth of the dawning Universe.

Be thou therefore prompt and active as the Sylphs, but avoid frivolity and caprice; be energetic and strong like the Salamanders, but avoid irritability and ferocity; be flexible and attentive to images like the Undines, but avoid idleness and changeability; be laborious and patient like the Gnomes, but avoid grossness and avarice.

So shalt thou gradually develop the powers of thy soul, and fit thyself to command the Spirits of the elements. For wert thou to summon the Gnomes to pander thine avarice, thou wouldst no longer command them, but they would command thee. Wouldst thou abuse the pure beings of the woods and mountains to fill thy coffers and satisfy thy hunger of Gold? Wouldst thou debase the Spirits of Living Fire to serve thy wrath and hatred? Wouldst thou violate the purity of the Souls of the Waters to pander thy lust of debauchery? Wouldst thou force the Spirits of the Evening Breeze to minister thy folly and caprice?

Know that with such desires thou canst but attract the Weak, not the Strong, and in that case the Weak will have power over thee.

http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0030.html

I’m re reading this thread. It’s been a while. Have you moved to the AA yet?

93 93/93

Edited by Lightseeker

33 minutes ago, ऋषि said:

Here is a key to the universe for you... (sorry but you have to build the significance for yourself):

50321169_10205640141678631_5164809297128849408_o_10205640141638630.thumb.jpg.3c4a7611964ec6a01b2b34915d3de0f3.jpg

Lol don’t wanna help? Kabbalah?

7 hours ago, ऋषि said:

then go away and dont come back ever again

but dont worry - you can take satisfaction in knowing your continued and ongoing service to the cause will be greatly appreciated

kthxbye

Who tf ru