Lightseeker

Can anyone teach me Psychic techniques?

sit down on a chair, (among friends or in public) hold your breath, pinch your nose shut, cross your eyes,  stick out your tongue, wiggle your ears and pecks, say ah, massage your right big toe with your left hand, and do all of those near simultaneously; thus  if you can accomplish that you may not get many psychic visions but who cares since you will get plenty of looks...   

Edited by 3bob

On 8/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, Wu Ming Jen said:

Then the great Goddess comes to me and says two words...No not those two words...... she says....

Danny Boy

getting back to topic subject / question ,

Lightseeker,  you could try this  - preliminary examination exercises  ;

II
Physical clairvoyance

1. Take a pack of (78) Tarot playing cards. Shuffle; cut. Draw one card. Without looking at it, try to name it. Write down the card you name, and the actual card. Repeat, and tabulate results.
  2. This experiment is probably easier with an old genuine pack of Tarot cards, preferably a pack used for divination by some one who really understood the matter.
  3. Remember that one should expect to name the right card once in 78 times. Also be careful to exclude all possibilities of obtaining the knowledge through the ordinary senses of sight and touch, or even smell.
    There was once a man whose fingertips were so sensitive that he could feel the shape and position of the pips and so judge the card correctly.
  4. It is better to try first the easier form of the experiment, by guessing only the suit.
  5. Remember that in 78 experiments you should obtain 22 trumps and 14 of each other suit; so that without any clairvoyance at all, you can guess right twice in 7 times (roughly) by calling trumps each time.
  6. Note that some cards are harmonious.
    Thus it would not be a bad error to call the five of Swords ("The Lord of Defeat") instead of the ten of Swords ("The Lord of Ruin"). But to call the Lord of Love (2 Cups) for the Lord of Strife (5 Wands) would show that you were getting nothing right.
    Similarly a card ruled by Mars would be harmonious with a 5, a card of Gemini with "The Lovers".
  7. These harmonies must be thoroughly learnt, according to the numerous tables given in 777.
  8. As you progress you will find that you are able to distinguish the suit correctly three times in four and that very few indeed inharmonious errors occur, while in 78 experiments you are able to name the card aright as many as 15 or 20 times.
  9. When you have reached this stage, you may be admitted for examination; and in the event of your passing you will be given more complex and difficult exercises.

• Thanks 1

anyone who gives much more than general encouragement/support/witness along with general info on where or how to find spiritual teachings and or a teacher on an a wide open public internet site is courting foolishness, or even potential dangers.  (imo)

Edited by 3bob

Rubbish ! 

What if i send some seeker to go read and meditate on diamond sutra ?  Or go and see a certain  yoga teacher .   That is more than general encouragement  support witness.  One can be very specific .

It is neither foolish nor dangerous.

So many people here have issues about this I am beginning to wonder what they are 'clutching' . 

Its like   trying to stop Iran from developing nuclear energy  !

Spoiler

Okay, it is possible i might have  ever so slightly exaggerated on that one

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, 3bob said:

anyone who gives much more than general encouragement/support/witness along with general info on where or how to find spiritual teachings and or a teacher on an a wide open public internet site is courting foolishness, or even potential dangers.  (imo)

yea, I'd add the qualifiers of looking out for the traits and or methods of cults and cult leaders,  and sellers of snake oil, one weekend enlightenment,  etc.. when it comes to foolishness or dangers....with such groups and events being around over the ages. 

I do not think Lightseeker's attitude will work with any respectable teacher.

When you ask can anybody teach you something, but why would they do it?

• Like 1

Because we were all young once .     people can change and develop, their attitude and goals ..... with a little help  .....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Om Mani Padme Hum

Funny enough I was going to tell him to chant this mantra and another to help him shift his vibration to be worthy of what he seeks if he is willing to do at least 125,000 repetitions.

• Like 1

Admittedly I’ve not read through all 14 pages but the general attitude is that you’re not worthy of the spiritual path if you want to control others... 

Then there’s Starjumper’s approach which is that in pursuit of power and going through the disciplined training to get there, your attitude will be transformed...

Both are true to an extent. Controlling others and moving them off their path for your own gain is one of the worst things, karmically speaking...

But...

This quest for power over others is normal and shouldn’t be demonised or judged. It’s normal to want this at a certain stage of self development... As almost anyone who does martial arts will admit that the initial impulse for starting was to be stronger and more powerful than someone else... and more often than not this wish changes over the course of development.

What’s most useful is sincere introspection - why do you want power over others? It’s usually due to some profound insecurity inside... overcome this insecurity and you gain true power... the power over your ‘self’.

And despite what many will try to sell you, there’s no trick or ‘technique’ that you can learn that will give you power over others... the only way is through hard work and self development... even to hypnotise someone, you must train for years to become a good hypnotist... 

And I mentioned this in another thread for Lightseeker... the easiest and most foolproof way to gain power over others is not through some esoteric training - it’s literally a case of becoming really really good at some skill that others value... become an amazing guitarist and you’ll have fawning fans... become a great surgeon and you’ll have women or men chasing after you... become a good singer, good basketball player, good poet or artist or comedian etc and people will be drawn to you like moths to a flame.

How many successful esoteric mystics do you know that had power over people - maybe a few, yes... but compare that to the hundreds of thousands of musicians that have adoring fans right now ready to do anything to get a selfie with them...

There are no shortcuts, no tricks or techniques that bypass the hard work and dedication it takes at becoming good at something. Choose that something and really go for it :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freeform said:

This quest for power over others is normal and shouldn’t be demonised or judged.

This is why this forum is going to the dogs.

• Like 1

Just now, GSmaster said:

Just because you dont have power / cannot attain it with your practice, does not mean you should bash everyone and their future potential to develop some nice abilities.

I've had psychic power since childhood, at least as long as I can remember. I've spoke about it on the forum a number of times and so your statement about me is false. But I don't use it to have dominion/power/control over others. That is the realm of the sociopath/psychopath. 

11 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

This is why this forum is going to the dogs.

Why not try to articulate your point of view? :) 

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

Its called money.

And how do you get money? By developing a skill that others value...

Yes there are other ways - inheritance, criminality etc... these attract a lot of interest and attention, but there are far more wealthy doctors in the world than drug cartel bosses or weapon smugglers for example...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, freeform said:

Why not try to articulate your point of view? :) 

Sure. The quest for power over others is the realm of the sociopath/psychopath. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

Sure. The quest for power over others is the realm of the sociopath/psychopath. 

And demonising and judging an insecure kid that doesn’t know any better is the answer?

Edited by freeform

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

And demonising and judging an insecure kid that doesn’t know any better is the answer?

But it was you that suggested such a path, not me. I never 'demonised' anyone.

Edited by lifeforce

to paraphrase:  seek God first and all things (needed) will be added unto you. 

Inviolate Spiritual Truth is the foundation of true and rooted power that works for and with the goodness of the lifeforce in all beings,   ....as also spoken of per,  "Tao follows it own ways"  from chapter 25 of the T.T.C.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 3bob said:

to paraphrase:  seek God first and all things (needed) will be added unto you. 

Inviolate Spiritual Truth is the foundation of true and rooted power that works for and with the goodness of the lifeforce in all beings,   ....as also spoken of per,  "Tao follows it own ways"  from chapter 25 of the T.T.C.  

Exactly !

Power comes with responsibility.