Raindancer

Hello from the north

Hi everyone!

I joined here in hopes of finding a community of somewhat likeminded people, I couldn't find any thorough description of the forum, but it looks like it might be a good place for me.

I've always been a bit of a loner and I've grown up in a family that wouldn't talk religion or philosophy, therefore I developed all my beliefs and thoughts pretty much on my own. I would call myself an atheist (which I am) and ignore the other thoughts since talking about those would give me weird looks.

I didn't know what to call or how to explain my beliefs up until a year ago when I came across Tao Te Ching and realised that the Tao lined up perfectly with everything I've thought of and in the core believe in. I still can't explain it, but it feels so right and I'm so happy I picked up that book.

It has made me question my life in several ways, I'm not really sure how to deal with it all, but that's not material for an introduction thread.

I'm not very good at talking (or writing for that matter, as you may notice). I think a lot and deep, but my words never give them justice, for that reason I don't think I could ever have an in depth conversations without sounding a bit like a child discussing heavy matters, but I hope that is okay.

I am alone in this where I'm at now. I was never bothered by being alone before, but knowing there are others potentially like me out there makes me feel like I belong elsewhere. I hope this forum will lend me the company I feel I need ^_^

Thank you for reading, if you did, any advice on how to move on from here is very welcome!

Also, what are "tags"? (sorry if that's a silly question, I didn't know what to put in that field)

• Like 6

Hello, Raindancer, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Raindancer,

I would say, we are never alone - as all things are connected and emerge from the same source. The TTC is one of the deepest texts ever written - it’s simplicity is deceptive. Look around, have some chats. I’m sure you’ll find your way. 

By by the way - I think your writing is excellent. 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

Also - tags just make things easier to search for. So if you put a tag “Raindancing”, your thread would pop up with a related search. 

Hi Raindancer.  Welcome.

You've done good.  I got some rain today.

I'm sure you will find a few friends here whether you want any or not.

Thank you everyone! And thank you for the information, Fa Xin. ^_^

Alone might've been the wrong word, but I feel that I would like someone to talk to that feels the same, so I'm happy that I found this forum.

I wish my dancing would lend some rain over here as well, but I've not been that successful. This is the driest summer I've ever experienced.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Raindancer said:

I am alone in this where I'm at now.

Hi Raindancer,

You are never alone because you're part of Nature.

Nature takes care of you - past, present and future.

You write - clearly and well.

I can feel and hear the bell.

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

• Like 1

Thank you, Limahong. I've always felt like one with the nature, maybe it is not necessary to feel as close to humans.

Edited by Raindancer

58 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I've always felt like one with the nature, maybe it is not necessary to feel as close to humans.

In Nature there are ducks.

A human can really sucks.

When you are down on luck.

What the damn bloody fxxk.

8 minutes ago, Limahong said:

In Nature there are ducks.

A human can really sucks.

When you are down on luck.

What the damn bloody fxxk.

xD

Words of wisdom, I'll remember that, thank you ^_^

Welcome Raindancer, I look forward to your post.You are not alone and did you mention ADVISE! you will find TDB amazing it is like a new mom having a baby everyone will give you advice on how to raise that child.

A major advantage here is that you can talk about anything as you will see when your post gets derailed and ends up who knows where. Any way great to have you here with us.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, Raindancer said:

Hi everyone!

I didn't know what to call or how to explain my beliefs up until a year ago when I came across Tao Te Ching and realised that the Tao lined up perfectly with everything I've thought of and in the core believe in. I still can't explain it, but it feels so right and I'm so happy I picked up that book.

Raindancer - hello!

No need to explain it to me. ^_^ Our beginnings are very similar -  I stumbled across the Feng/English rendition of the TTC 42 years ago at age 21! Its elegant simplicity and clarity resonated to the core and hasn't stopped. Looking forward to your posts & welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Welcome Raindancer,

Its wonderful to have you amongst the little community here.

I have no doubt you will find this to be an enlightening place where you will naturally and organically discover a community and close circle of like-minded folk in due course. There are few places that I can think of, either in the physical or cyber worlds, that have been as enriching in my life as this forum. You're in for a treat! 

Awen

• Like 1

Thank you all for the encouragement! Sounds like I've found the right place ^_^

I will have to look around some more on the forum when I get time (I work a lot this week). I'm not really sure where to start, but I'm happy that I found this place. I'm sure I will like it here!

• Like 2

I noticed that I completely dropped out of this forum just a few weeks after joining, I suppose I had too much going on in my life.

Honestly I still have quite a lot going on, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to explore this forum more now.

This was an update that I felt like I wanted to put out there, but it doesn't need a new thread. I'm glad to have rediscovered this forum, even if it might take me a week or two to truly have time to dive in.

• Like 2