rideforever

Liu He Ba Fa : 6 Harmonies 8 Methods : Different Schools

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, GreytoWhite said:

I would consider Daito-ryu to be a direct strategy internal martial art. Many of the teachers don't have it or only pieces. It's an attempt to channel baguazhang from Fudo Myo-o. So many parallels between the aiki arts and the internals.

What really matters is that Daito-ryu incorporates elements of Aikijutsu techniques which are the forerunner of modern Aikido. In my humble opinion it is one of the most complete martial arts available in Japan and has been tested in war. It was mentioned deliberately by name as a possible external art with internal subtleties. :)

One can argue about ninjutsu also but i consider it a rather controversial subject. There are also parallels there with chinese internal arts which i assume that Takamatsu incorporated after his travels in China and his interaction with Taoist monks there. If there is a good teacher available who has the knowledge of the internal subtleties and actual experience with Kuji-in then he could be a good option. Kuji in are derived from Mikkyo buddhists of Japan and they are not ninja specific despite what mainstream media has shown over the years.

Actually locating a good teacher in the above arts? Well... it could prove quite the feat! :D

Edited by Zork

Posted (edited)

Here is Yun Yin Sen showing the "internal work, which is essentially Shili Yiquan very similar to Li Jiang Yu's Yiquan, with the only difference being more emphasis on rising/falling vertical movement.
This vertical movement gives more power, rising up high (hands above head) and then plunging hands down launches a counter rising movement that can be redirected; like sloshing water about and exacertbating the motion with strong up and down movements to produce large volumes of force, unavailable through only horizontal force.   It's 3 dimensional force.   In general you become more aware of the verticallity of your force than in other traditions, and of the counter movements rising and smashing down and then another wave and counter wave.   I suppose any type of movement you see in the oceans, like freak waves, tsunamis, anything at all, might be  repeated with the vital force using LHBF.

Edited by rideforever