rideforever

LHBF somewhat deceased thread

I am unsure of exactly what it is you are asking, but here is a thread dedicated to Terry Dunn's practice. You will find Mr. Dunn as @zen-bear, an active participant, here on The Dao Bums. I am sure he would be happy to personally answer any questions you might have.

• Like 1

Hi rideforever,

I have several DVDs from Master Liu Xiaoling and specifically the one on Liu He Ba Fa. IMO, it is more a DVD for a demonstration of the form although Master Liu Xiaoling is breaking the form in several parts on the DVD. But it is obviously a very subtle art and I doubt one can even get the basics of it unless one has already a background of years of Chinese Internal Martial Arts. On the other hand,  I find his DVD on Xingyiquan very good. Of course, you can't really learn with a DVD, but you can get some taste of basic xingyiquan footwork and drills. I am not sure he is still teaching. But I am a fan of his Xingyiquan. To me it is a special area of expertise of his.

As far as Liu He Ba Fa goes, don't be surprise to come across very different forms of it. There are a lot of styles.

I don't have the DVD by Terry Dunn so I can't comment on it, although, his Chi Kung DVDs are very good.

• Like 2

Not so much for water boxing blue suit has a lot of tension to get the power out, very stiff.

The video above is performance art.

Wen Wu Ching is well versed in many internal styles and his student has Kung Fu as you can see. I am not comparing anything just another video on topic. I like people to see application like the throat  grab it gives meaning to the body movements not just waving hands around plus this is another short range fighting style. 

I met Paul many yrs back in Hong Kong

home.jpg

He teaches this style  his web site gives locations for those interested

http://www.liuhebafachuan.com/locations.html 

"Grandmaster Mok Kei Fai performing the public form Zhuji. This performance was in November 2012 at the First Liuhebafa General Meeting & World Conference in Hong Kong."

• Like 1

Wus%204%20difficulties.jpg

I found Paul to be quite skilled, very open and willing to share his art.

We met when I was studying taiji in Beijing, during a visa trip, 

To stay another couple of months I had to be out of country for one day.  Hong Kong close by met the requirements. 

"paulroberts.jpg

Paul Roberts has a diversified background in various martial art styles, including the internal styles of Taiji, Bagua, Xingyi and Yichuan. Though having personally trained Liuhebafa directly under several of Chen Yi Ren's disciples and students, he received formal initiation into the Liuhebafa family, and entered the indoor line of successors.

Paul Roberts has committed himself to the Liuhebafa tradition, teaching seminars internationally and is involved with pertinent research and development. Currently, he is the elected director of the International Liuhebafa Internal Arts Association, and lives in Hong Kong where he instructs at the Liuhebafa Internal Arts Institute of Hong Kong.

-Director of the International Liuhebafa Internal Arts Association
-Instructor of the Liuhebafa Internal Arts Institute of Hong Kong
-Founder of the Liuhebafa Internal Arts Institute of Japan"

http://www.liuhebafachuan.com/genealogy.html

9 minutes ago, rideforever said:

I am in the UK which sounds to HK but which is 5,900 miles different !!!

Don't quite get your point.

You could contact him through the site he may know of somebody in your location.

12 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Paul Roberts and that organisation is no longer teaching actively and he says to beware of claims of authenticity by anyone.

Which I have been concluding for myself.

Interesting, his reply from an email I presume.

Haven't connected with him in a long time good guy good skill.

• Like 1