Lightseeker

Astral Projection in Mo Pai

In the Magus of Java, Kosta talks about how John Chang was able to astral project. What level does one need to be in Nei Kung to have this ability? As far as chi goes, what happens to the Yin and Yang during astral projection?

Its reversed .  Everything is reversed   during 'astral  projection'  .

It can be a real problem .  Thats why you should   NOT  drink a lot of water before going to bed .

However, 'in the astral'  you can still travel  to a dingy basement and knock things off the window sill in front of your 'mentors' .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Its reversed .  Everything is reversed   during 'astral  projection'  .

It can be a real problem .  Thats why you should   NOT  drink a lot of water before going to bed .

However, 'in the astral'  you can still travel  to a dingy basement and knock things off the window sill in front of your 'mentors' .

Do you know how to project?

1 hour ago, Lightseeker said:

Do you know how to project?

Sure ..... 'seasy . 

Let him imagine his own figure (preferably robed in the proper magical garments and armed with the proper magical weapons) as enveloping his physical body, or standing near to and in front of him.

3. Let him then transfer the seat of his consciousness to that imagined figure; so that it may seem to him that he is seeing with its eyes, and hearing with its ears.

This will usually be the great difficulty of the operation.

4. Let him then cause that imagined figure to rise in the air to a great height above the earth.

5. Let him then stop and look about him. (It is sometimes difficult to open the eyes.)

6. Probably he will see figures approaching him, or become conscious of a landscape.

Let him speak to such figures, and insist upon being answered, using the proper pentagrams and signs, as previously taught.

7. Let him travel about at will, either with or without guidance from such figure or figures. {27}

8. Let him further employ such special invocations as will cause to appear the particular places he may wish to visit.

9. Let him beware of the thousand subtle attacks and deceptions that he will experience, carefully testing the truth of all with whom he speaks.

- Liber O

Edited by Nungali

31 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Sure ..... 'seasy . 

Let him imagine his own figure (preferably robed in the proper magical garments and armed with the proper magical weapons) as enveloping his physical body, or standing near to and in front of him.

3. Let him then transfer the seat of his consciousness to that imagined figure; so that it may seem to him that he is seeing with its eyes, and hearing with its ears.

4. Let him then cause that imagined figure to rise in the air to a great height above the earth.

5. Let him then stop and look about him. (It is sometimes difficult to open the eyes.)

6. Probably he will see figures approaching him, or become conscious of a landscape.

Let him speak to such figures, and insist upon being answered, using the proper pentagrams and signs, as previously taught.

7. Let him travel about at will, either with or without guidance from such figure or figures. {27}

8. Let him further employ such special invocations as will cause to appear the particular places he may wish to visit.

9. Let him beware of the thousand subtle attacks and deceptions that he will experience, carefully testing the truth of all with whom he speaks.

- Liber O

Have you actually tried and done this or.. 🤔

10 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

Have you actually tried and done this or.. 🤔

Yeah .  There is a post around here somewhere where I explain how i used this technique to practice and learn over 15 weapons kata,  and 15 empty hand kata and each move in those katas  variations in applications .

Training against 'yourself'   (or 'your double' )   'on the astral' .

ie. I imagined I was out of my body and in a 'light body' and I imagined I was trying out and exploring moves with 'myself' .

To me, it doesnt matter whether its imagination or not, it is if a thing works for you and gives some practical advantage . However there can be danger, or at least embarrassment '  if someone thinks they are 'travelling in the real world' and seeing and hearing things   as they really exist .  Such claims have never been able to be proved under tests .  IMO that is a waste of time and is 'ego based'.

I prefer to do things I get real tangible and beneficial results from .

... and just to add , when I use the term 'imagination'  .... it might be more than what a lot of people think it is .

Here is a good intro to it ;

664216._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

52 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Quite similar to star jumping.  I was going to write a thread about that in the Taoist section, no need to now.

It is ?

here I was  thinking you were trying to get there physically 

_40831052_star_jump.gif

{Stieney might be able to help you with that gravity problem you could be having .    :D   )

Or alternatively

EJ-FRONT.jpg

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Quite similar to star jumping.  I was going to write a thread about that in the Taoist section, no need to now.

actually , going on a tangent, after step 9 above, the practice can morph into "Stella Yoga' ;  'travelling ' to and finding union with your 'cosmic natal star' .  (Mine is on the Cancer Gemini constellational border near the intersection of two colurs , it doesnt have a name ,  well,  maybe   Alpha Nungali   :D  )   .... interesting things go on 'there' . 

• Like 1