daojones

Apple Cider Vinegar effect on urine and UTI

I'm wondering what effect apple cider vinegar has on the system.

Does it make urethra and bladder more alkaline or acidic?

Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Our bodies are more alkaline. 

Consuming ACV is a good way to Ph balance internal organs like the bladder. Infection thrives in highly alkaline enviornments so adding ACV can treat and prevent them in the urinary tract. 

Thanks - I'm a bit confused because I read drinking cranberry can create more acidic urine which helps infection.

The only thing I know is that it makes a great ingredient for broths:

- 2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source

- 2 chicken feet for extra gelatin (optional)

- 1 onion

- 2 carrots

- 2 stalks of celery

- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

- Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, additional herbs or spices to taste. I also add 2 cloves of garlic for the last 30 minutes of cooking.

You'll also need a large stock pot to cook the broth in and a strainer to remove the pieces when it is done.

Link

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, Kar3n said:

Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Our bodies are more alkaline. 

Consuming ACV is a good way to Ph balance internal organs like the bladder. Infection thrives in highly alkaline enviornments so adding ACV can treat and prevent them in the urinary tract. 

Are you sure about that? I remember reading that ACV is acidic when consumed buts its ash/residual effect on the body is that of alkanization? Also you mentioned that infection thrives in alkaline environments when I'm certain its the exact opposite as they need acids to do what they do and alkaline is a no go for them plus its a state that really helps the immune system.

• Like 1

While vinegars are acidic, in digestion they break down alkaline; whereas meat (most of which are alkaline prior to digestion), processed flour, processed foods, carbs, sugars, coffee... break down acidic in the blood.

...in his book,

Hidden Truth of Cancer, as the blood becomes acidic, the body deposits acidic substances into cells to remove them from the blood. This allows the blood to remain slightly alkaline. However, it causes the cells to become acidic and toxic. Over time, many of these cells increase in acidity and some die. However, some of these acidified cells adapt to the new environment. In other words, instead of dying (as normal cells do in an acidic environment) some cells survive by becoming abnormal cells. These abnormal cells are called “malignant” cells, and they do not correspond with brain function or the DNA memory code. Therefore, malignant cells grow indefinitely and without order. This is cancer.

article
alkaline vs acidic foods

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silent thunder said:

While vinegars are acidic, in digestion they break down alkaline; whereas meat (most of which are alkaline prior to digestion), processed flour, processed foods, carbs, sugars, coffee... break down acidic in the blood.

article
alkaline vs acidic foods

Hi Silent Thunder,

Do you recommend the alkanizing diet suggested in the link?  For awhile now I`ve been a back-and-forth paleo person.  In many ways this diet is not so different, with the notable exception of no-meat.  I don`t see me myself going strictly veg anytime soon, but I`ve been leaning in the meat-as-a-condiment direction.  Wondering if perhaps tilting the scales towards more veggies and less meat might be healthier for my pH balance.

17 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Hi Silent Thunder,

Do you recommend the alkanizing diet suggested in the link?  For awhile now I`ve been a back-and-forth paleo person.  In many ways this diet is not so different, with the notable exception of no-meat.  I don`t see me myself going strictly veg anytime soon, but I`ve been leaning in the meat-as-a-condiment direction.  Wondering if perhaps tilting the scales towards more veggies and less meat might be healthier for my pH balance.

Hey bud.  I'm pretty reticent to give specific recommendations.  But it never seems harmful to cut out processed foods, alcohol, sugar and cut back on, or cut out meat. 

My diet shifted steeply back in 2011 in response to blood test results.  Blood analysis revealed high cholesterol and blood sugar and I've always hovered even as a young man on the edge of the treatable zone for blood pressure.  I got these detailed results not out of seeking to improve myself.  I felt fine at the time.  But they were revealed while seeking treatment for an irregular heartbeat that had developed while under anasthesia during a voluntary (vasectomy) surgery.

Back then, rather than treat with pills, I opted to try nutrition therapy, which synchronistically, I had just studied in depth a few months before the event when getting back into full time cultivation.

The shift in blood chemistry in 90 days in my case was startling (both to me and my GP) and it was achieved simply, by ommitting some foods and replacing them with high phytochemical, alkalizing foods from my farmer's market.

• Thanks 1

Apple cider vinegar is acid. Acid is Yang, and Yang penetrates Yin.

People who like drinking acid have Yin sludge in their body from bad fats and too much protein, etc.

Acids help denature and dissolve this.

Eating modern farmed and tortured animals is never a "good idea". 

All people doing that are trying to do is get ordinary minerals. They use up their minerals in buffer reactions and dealing with ketosis if they are starving, which is what ketosis basically is. Anything that causes metabolic imbalance will require more minerals to buffer in the body - sugar, alcohol, meat - all these produce acid reactions and waste the body must neutralize and excrete.

There are better sources of mineral to be found in plants and seaweeds, and avoiding the "foods" that cause extra need of them.

All diets today are merely "feed systems" made-up from "ideas", that generally produce abstract people unable to live in nature.

Human beings have a hard time if they try to invent the Dao. They should maybe just watch and learn for a while.

Even if they are now destroying what they would watch.

Nature provides the entire environment, "food", and beings, all at once, and this must be studied to find the place and functioning of the human being in it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Thanks 2