Sign in to follow this  
Attis

Spring Forest Qi Gong and More

I'm looking to jump into the "Qi Gong World" to improve my health and spirit and maybe grow from there. While browing this Forum I found Spring Forest Qi Gong and it looks promissing to me. I don't think I have access to reliable instructors where I am so videos and books are the only sources I can start with.

Can anyone share their experience and opinions on Spring Forest Qi Gong and how well does it work for you?

I'm also looking for alternatives as well if anyone has any ideas they would like to share.

Thanks,

Attis

• Like 2

Hi Attis,

I don`t have personal experience with the Spring Forest system, but, for what it`s worth, it`s always seemed like a safe and very reputable system to me.  You might type "spring forest" into the search button.  I bet you`ll come up with a lot of threads where more knowledgable Bums have weighed in on your question.

LL

• Thanks 1

On 2018-07-18 at 5:50 PM, StormHealer said:

Chunyi Lin interview and a video of the basic foundational exercise of the system.  

Thank you for posting the video and interview. I'll check them out.

On 2018-07-18 at 6:45 PM, liminal_luke said:

Hi Attis,

I don`t have personal experience with the Spring Forest system, but, for what it`s worth, it`s always seemed like a safe and very reputable system to me.  You might type "spring forest" into the search button.  I bet you`ll come up with a lot of threads where more knowledgable Bums have weighed in on your question.

LL

I did find some good stuff, thanks for pointing that out. I also found some alternative systems in those same threads so more things to research!

Attis

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 10:22 PM, Attis said:

Thank you for posting the video and interview. I'll check them out.

I did find some good stuff, thanks for pointing that out. I also found some alternative systems in those same threads so more things to research!

Attis

I took classes from Spring Forest Qigong master Chunyi Lin starting in 1999 and did intensive meditation while taking his classes in 2000. He said I had an enlightenment experience then. I kept researching and have discovered the basic principles of the training - these principles are applicable to any of the various "schools" or teachings. There are apparently thousands of qigong schools in China - although the regime only supports a handful now and severely attacks a handful as well.

So as Chunyi says - "use your consciousness to go into the Emptiness and keep it simple."

Now what that actually means could make you wonder. But I interpret consciousness as shen or spirit and the Emptiness as the Yuan Qi that is also information from the future - as healing energy, the Universe as alive, as a female origin.

So anyway also I have not kept up with his "new" techniques he now teaches - that are more closer to Buddhism I think.

But I can assure you that his skill level is very rare - he did the 49 day cave meditation at Mt. Qingcheng and he also trained at Shaolin - doing the horse stance for 2 hours nonstop (thighs totally vertical) - every day for 3 months straight.

So have fun "shopping" for techniques or various schools - but I would say that it's much harder for a teacher to find a student capable of handling the real training, then it is for a student to find a real teacher. haha.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this