Tombartifacts

I love Tacos

i am eating tacos, i like tacos, yes almost all kind of tacos, Green salsa tacos, yes i like beans tacos, do you know how many combinations of salsas you can add, do you know how many combination of vegetables you can add, yes you can have them regular and fried, prefer fried mmmm, i love tacos.

• Like 4

Stayed at my sisters in a far away touro town , Mexican around the corner ... tacos galore, all types  ! 

Is there an 'international taco day ' ?   

75a577a2-23a8-4741-9647-9d076a652c48.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nungali said:

..... Oh,   and    something to wash it down with    :) 

20150806_204719.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nungali said:

..... Oh,   and    something to wash it down with    :) 

Monte-Alban-Mescal.jpg

This is very popular in Oaxaca I think, personally I do not know much about Oaxaca I am from central Mexico.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Stayed at my sisters in a far away touro town , Mexican around the corner ... tacos galore, all types  ! 

Is there an 'international taco day ' ?   

75a577a2-23a8-4741-9647-9d076a652c48.jpg

I dont know if there is a internation taco day, but sometimes they make taco fest and they sell of kind of tacos in my town. 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 8:46 AM, ONE said:

20150806_204719.jpg

Oh no !  Its one of those crazy civilised toilets where you  deficate into perfectly good water .  And then it goes off and treated with chemicals , and dumped in the ocean or something ,

How primitive ! 

main-qimg-4164eb73c3576a56a579a82e75c7f9

Water toilet is sooo primitive .... so polluting  ....   so upsetting  ... that I think i need a drink 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ75Ak5IFPJpZ81q3VhBV

.....  and some tacos .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/07/2018 at 8:50 AM, Tombartifacts said:

This is very popular in Oaxaca I think, personally I do not know much about Oaxaca I am from central Mexico.

Whereabouts ?  (just the area , not your address ) 

On 17/07/2018 at 8:51 AM, Tombartifacts said:

I dont know if there is a internation taco day, but sometimes they make taco fest and they sell of kind of tacos in my town. 

I am jealous, food here is pretty boring , being away from big multicultural  city , like Sydney  (many different cultures and food there )

One of these just opened in the little city  near here ;

guzman.jpg

cant say I was impressed  ..... pretty crappy actually .    What sort of place  has a bar in a drive through restaurant  ?   :wacko:

Seemed like a McMexican ' s

23 hours ago, ONE said:

Typical Americans ! 

There was an international taco day but they had to make a national taco day and change the date .

No wonder the country is going down the drain !  ....   I mean ,  the flush toilet ! 

:lol:

• Haha 1

Here`s a pic of the main drag in Zacatecas.  It`s beautifully colonial in the center, not quite so beautiful outside the center.  Ten minutes up the street from where this picture was taken (not by me, I just get it off the internet) there`s a hole-in-the-wall place, only open at night, with the best tripe tacos.  The tripe is cooked in a big vat of oil, not for the fat phobic.  We usually got ours to go, but you can also eat there on little communal benches.  

01-mexico-zacatecas-zacatecas-12208877054717.jpg

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

Hole in the walls, can be great finds.  I find the best are near pawn shops for some reason.  Also if there's a cop car infront it's usually a plus, in that cops know good cheap eats.

Lately my favorites are those that keep it simple, where the meat shines, the shell is glistening with oil and the addons, cilantro.. onions, pickled stuff are sparse.  Don't know if its authentic, I'm seeing some good hole in the walls that are doing there meat on a gyros style spit.  That can be awfully good.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Hole in the walls, can be great finds.  I find the best are near pawn shops for some reason.  Also if there's a cop car infront it's usually a plus, in that cops know good cheap eats.

Lately my favorites are those that keep it simple, where the meat shines, the shell is glistening with oil and the addons, cilantro.. onions, pickled stuff are sparse.  Don't know if its authentic, I'm seeing some good hole in the walls that are doing there meat on a gyros style spit.  That can be awfully good.  

Tacos al pastor are done on a gyro style spit all over  Mexico (pictured below).  There`s also something called "tacos arabes" -- arabic tacos -- a specialty of Puebla.  The meat for tacos arabes is also cooked on a spit like shawarma and piled into a thick pita-esque bread.

I don`t care a whole lot about authenticity myself as long as something tastes good.  My mom used to make the best tacos that we`d top with jack cheese and American style sour cream.  Not very authentic but boy were they yummy.  

im0-630X480.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh no !  Its one of those crazy civilised toilets where you  deficate into perfectly good water .  And then it goes off and treated with chemicals , and dumped in the ocean or something ,

How primitive ! 

main-qimg-4164eb73c3576a56a579a82e75c7f9

Water toilet is sooo primitive .... so polluting  ....   so upsetting  ... that I think i need a drink 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ75Ak5IFPJpZ81q3VhBV

.....  and some tacos .

This toilet I think it is a good idea to save wáter.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am jealous, food here is pretty boring , being away from big multicultural  city , like Sydney  (many different cultures and food there )

One of these just opened in the little city  near here ;

guzman.jpg

cant say I was impressed  ..... pretty crappy actually .    What sort of place  has a bar in a drive through restaurant  ?   :wacko:

Seemed like a McMexican ' s

I am sorry, I have to say that not all the mexican food is good in mexico ither. i think it is more about how much time and effort you put into making it.

• Like 2

These tacos were really good, so good I went against my no refined carbohydrate rule and ate tortillas.

20180715_121508.thumb.jpg.2c8420b1394cd8370e3afe73105b9563.jpg

• Like 3

Well, just to get even with all you taco lovers, I'm having pizza tonight, with jalapenos and anchovies.

1 minute ago, ONE said:

The anchovies are going to have way more salt than my body need and I will likely hear from it.  But I don't care.

Salt cooking would be good if the food is going to be sitting around for a while after cooking.  The salt would prevent, to a degree, nay meat from spoiling for a while.

21 hours ago, Tombartifacts said:

I am from zacatecas

Oooooo, some interesting geology there !   ( I am a geology fan  :) )

197px-Silver-158794.jpg    200px-Topaz-120187.jpg  198px-Calcite-d06-37a.jpg198px-Atacamite-Boleite-Malachite-mrz301 

Lots of   silver    and  ..........................  topaz  .................................................   Calcite    ..........................  Atacamite-Boleite-Malachite

and some impressive architecture in the city and archaeology ... love it ! 

and natural swimming pools  ! 

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

and   real estate available ....

Momax-Zacatecas-Mexico-acreage-4-1.jpg

Momax-Zacatecas-Mexico-acreage-5-3-770x3

Momax Zacatecas, Mexico acreage There are cabins in front of the property that is separated by a natural hot spring. Excellent for turisim or water business. A little under two Acreages.

Own hot springs  !    :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tombartifacts said:

This toilet I think it is a good idea to save wáter.

and money ... my neighbour put in 'normal toilet' ... septic tank ,  piping etc ...... thousands of $$$$$$

I made my own dry composting toilet for around $40    .   And you get compost .

So far I have emptied two barrels of it  (  about 6 years worth )  on   a little collection of rainforest trees in the garden .

5 hours ago, Tombartifacts said:

I am sorry, I have to say that not all the mexican food is good in mexico ither. i think it is more about how much time and effort you put into making it.

Certainly !   I used to work on a catering crew, one of the chefs was Mexican, from a coastal area. His recipes were  simple , light, fresh a lot of seafood ,  but ver good !  And very different from what sells in  most Mexican restaurants here .