rocala

Paintings with a Wow Factor

14 hours ago, rocala said:

Edward Burne-Jones - The Angels of Creation - Close Detail Day 6 - 1875-76.jpg

Wow! Now, that has so much nuance and message I hardly know where to start  Thank you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rocala said:

Edward Burne-Jones - The Angels of Creation - Close Detail Day 6 - 1875-76.jpg

When it pulls your heart and your tears from you.  When it takes your rapt attention, you have truly felt art.

• Like 1

3d Street Art

Nearly the whole street was taken to create this effect. 

1.jpg

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

I don't know what this is, only that it is from Cornwall. I found it on Facebook.

52407208_2328388527184747_6356180564445233152_n.jpg.5bfe49f899d139dc09449ca842cec42f.jpg

Edited by rocala
  • Like 2

Vasily Kandinsky suffered from synesthesia, a condition which sort of mixes one’s senses.  A person with synesthesia might thus actually hear color and see music. This painting is called Composition 8.

Image result for Composition 8

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moment said:

Vasily Kandinsky suffered from synesthesia, a condition which sort of mixes one’s senses.  A person with synesthesia might thus actually hear color and see music. This painting is called Composition 8.

I just love Kandinsky's work. If you like his, what do you think of Hilma af Klint's? She was a contemporary of his.

image.thumb.png.d26468874fc24aca8a4fca1ed131c454.png

• Like 3

Silence by Henry Fuseli

Thirteen of his brothers and sisters died before adulthood

silence-by-henry-fuseli.jpg?w=840

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rocala said:

Do you know who the artist is @silent thunder ?

That still shot is from one of my all time favorite animated series Mushi-shi.  The chief illustrator of the manga is Yuki Urushibara.  Ginko, the character in the shot, is a mushishi, a wandering shaman of sorts who can see and influence the realm of mushi (ethereal beings neither human nor animal).  Wherever the crossover between the worlds of mushi and earth brings conflict, he wanders in, drawn to the area where he then attends a slow, meditative, deliberate process of bringing balance, if he can.  Fascinatingly presented, with insightful writing.  It's a real gem in my opinion. 

5c9404f4e2401_08mushishi.thumb.jpg.4ee61ba780800645508c7265ee8a88aa.jpg

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3