Sign in to follow this  
cosmic4z

What is the most essential habit?

If you had to pick one thing, one habit, that has the most positive impact (or negates harm to your person), what would it be?

I'm not sure there is a correct answer to the question, probably, it will vary from person to person...

For me, I'm not sure, but I would think something that creates calmness of mind ... as it's normally very agitated, which I know is not good.

Edited by cosmic4z
  • Thanks 1

Good sleep patterns. 

Sleep is so neglected in our 21st century world... and it really is responsible for so much... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

Ha! I just knew that was coming. :)

But some seem to think that it is masturbation.

6 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Posting on TDB? :huh:

Yeah! The company of like minded outlaws... Keeps you healthy!

• Like 1

On 14/07/2018 at 11:20 PM, Fa Xin said:

Good sleep patterns. 

Sleep is so neglected in our 21st century world... and it really is responsible for so much... 

Does that mean going to be, getting up, at the same time every day? What sort of time would you recommend?

Also, I imagine it's a good idea to quieten the mind before sleep?

Another consideration would be to turn off all electrical equipment in the bedroom. For me, I tend to work in a bedroom and have a lot of computing equipment, so lights, noise, heat etc, creates a unhealthy environment for sleep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

Does that mean going to be, getting up, at the same time every day? What sort of time would you recommend?

Another consideration would be to turn off all electrical equipment in the bedroom. For me, I tend to work in a bedroom and have a lot of computing equipment, so lights, noise, heat etc, creates a unhealthy environment for sleep.

Go easy on yourself. Some just can't relax without that kind of environment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

Yes on relaxing before bed and the electronics.  I find reading a paper book before bed can help you fall asleep. But whatever you have to do to achieve a peaceful mind will be helpful.  Some prefer to have the TV on for background noise. Whatever helps you sleep will be beneficial. 

I think going to bed around the same time, and waking up around the same time is a healthy habit. Also, making sure you get enough sleep for your body. 

Theres a term “burning the candle at both ends” ... it means staying up late and waking up early. It will wreak havoc on your systems... your cognitive functions start to decline... as sleep time is when your body does most of the recalibration and balancing/healing process. 

Sometimes its unavoidable, though. I’m in college and work full time, so some nights I only get 5 hours- unavoidably. But I will make up for it the next night and go to bed early or nap. 

Its all about listening to your body- knowing when to rest. And also

not feeling guilty to nap or go to bed early. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Starjumper said:

Do you mean for sending or for receiving?   :)

Both

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this