virtue

Sexual Promiscuousness and Spirituality

The exchange of sexual energy between an individual and his or her partner also releases "core karma." All core karma relates to sex, birth, and death, and is released through shaking. As the cores of both energy bodies shake during orgasm, karma is exchanged between the lovers. As this karmic energy is transferred, the lovers become imprinted with each other's karmic patterning. This is one reason why casual sex is considered to be energetically and spiritually dangerous.

— Jerry Alan Johnson, Daoist Magical Transformation Skills, p. 153, The Temple of the Celestial Cloud, 2006.

I found this a genuinely insightful paragraph as it lends a strong ethical argument in favor of monogamous marriage and marital faithfulness.

Please feel free to discuss the topic any further from a point of view you may like to present.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see this. Also why excessive solo travellers from the nofap forum will often report bad luck and synchonicity even from right after reaching the destination. 

Altough to me that is against 

4 hours ago, virtue said:

monogamous marriage and marital faithfulness.

marriage as it shows that such karmic connection is a great coming together of two gigantic spaces, both experiencing the immensity of the other. A spiritual prison too many go into because they 'have' to. 

True spiritual love and marriage I think the average man or qi qong practicioner is not spiritually developed enough to take such commitment. One should be very high up in the meditative ladder and have very incredible clear mind before truly saying that ones actually wants to come so close to another and that one truly know another so well so accept another so unconditionally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arramu said:

Also why excessive solo travellers from the nofap forum will often report bad luck and synchonicity even from right after reaching the destination. 

People who are celibate, who travel, get bad luck from their celibacy? Haven't heard of this before! I've only experienced getting good luck during those times of nofapping.

6 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

People who are celibate, who travel, get bad luck from their celibacy? 

Friends don`t let friends travel celibate. <_<

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

People who are celibate, who travel, get bad luck from their celibacy? Haven't heard of this before! I've only experienced getting good luck during those times of nofapping.

:lol:

A solo traveller is one who masturbates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I personal think promiscuous sex is damaging as it's almost like sharing each others karma and god knows most of us have enough problems dealing with the shit we already have. Not that you take on more or good or bad karma it just gets mixed up and causes confusion. Couples that are together for a very long time can be seen to mirror each other that's because they share each other. 

People that are promiscuous often seem confused and pretty screwy. Of course if people are not the refined type it may not be that noticeable but if you get a sensitive person going off the rails and sleeping around you'll notice the personality changes.  

• Like 1