Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

The Devil Finds Work For Idle Hands

I would be interested in comments on the follow idea :

A man needs experiences to live, physical emotional mental.  These experiences transformation of energy, and that is the work of man ... as he works through his experiences he transforms energy, and in return gains something from existence ... he is paid for his work.   That is why when you have a full life you feel good, existence pays you for your work, for experiencing life.

In our current society, life is often sitting on a seat in front of a machine, doing repetitive meaningless tasks, feeling nothing or perhaps just programmed feelings from the culture, and as for mental work is reduced to agendas and arguments.   There is little nourishment in it and mankind is being starved of having a normal life with the normal transformation of energies.  He is starved in a sterile culture, he cannot do his job of transforming physical emotional mental experiences, and is therefore not paid by existence and is unhappy.

So man in this situation attempts to fix this situation by consuming himself.  He tries to find a way to have experiences because society provides none for him.    One way of doing this is to manipulate your own sexual functions in order to ... feel something in a world without feelings.

As there is no nourishment outside, you try to eat your own self.

The more starved people are in a sterilised and unreal world, the more man will respond by consuming himself in order to make some attempt to find some type of nourishment.

I understand the temptation to think that life in the past was somehow better, but that is an illusion. It's similar to thinking foreign lands are somehow better (e.g. the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence). Believe it or not people have always succumbed to this temptation. For example, I was reading Homer's Iliad and he was describing the caliber of the Greek warriors. Homer was lamenting that this generation was not the strength of earlier generations (e.g., Hercules), but none the less it would have to do. If people felt this way 3,200 years ago then I think we'll be OK for now. :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rideforever said:

A man needs experiences to live, physical emotional mental.  These experiences transformation of energy, and that is the work of man ... as he works through his experiences he transforms energy, and in return gains something from existence ... he is paid for his work.   That is why when you have a full life you feel good, existence pays you for your work, for experiencing life.

In our current society, life is often sitting on a seat in front of a machine, doing repetitive meaningless tasks, feeling nothing or perhaps just programmed feelings from the culture, and as for mental work is reduced to agendas and arguments.   There is little nourishment in it and mankind is being starved of having a normal life with the normal transformation of energies.  He is starved in a sterile culture, he cannot do his job of transforming physical emotional mental experiences, and is therefore not paid by existence and is unhappy.

So man in this situation attempts to fix this situation by consuming himself.  He tries to find a way to have experiences because society provides none for him.    One way of doing this is to manipulate your own sexual functions in order to ... feel something in a world without feelings.

The more starved people are in a sterilised and unreal world, the more man will respond by consuming himself in order to make some attempt to find some type of nourishment.

I would say that it is not starvation that causes man to consume himself, but rather over indulgence. The need for more and more because the senses have become dulled.

When man (people in general) spends an extraordinary amount of time indulging the senses s/he in effect, loses him/herself, thereby consumed by his/her own actions and distractions. S/He is lost because they believe that more external stimuli will make them whole and satisfied in some way.

Wholeness and fulfillment starts and ends with the individual, it is only ourselves that keeps us from realizing it.

• Like 3

Well, my hands were rarely idle whenever I had a woman living with me.

Now I prefer Idleness.

Edit to add:

But I will agree, activity in life allows one to experience life.  Self-absorbed existence is boring.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rideforever said:

Well ... there is also sport, hobbies, family,  intellectual pursuits, study, research, improving your education, charity work .....

There is more to life than working and jacking off all day  .....  even if you have a crap job .     I used to look after and wash old people, change their messy beds, etc   AND  study anthropology, soil science, divinity  and comparative religions  at Uni .  (Yeah, all right then, during the time I did that, I might have jacked off a few times    :D  ) 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this