Sign in to follow this  
cosmic4z

It's not coming home, yet...

I'm not usually bothered with football; but this World Cup, and England's journey through it, has peaked my interest. We (what an odd way of looking at it, to say 'we', when I was never there, never on the pitch) just lost in the semi-final to Croatia. So sad. Defeat...

Still, I think the England team can be proud of their performance, and look to grow from the experience. Someone once said; victory isn't so much in the winning, it's in how you respond to (learn from) defeat.

Anyone else been watching the World Cup?

• Like 1

I saw some of it..

Always appreciate a game when the stake is high and the impossible happendes. 

I also always cheer for the underdog... for a very understandable reason to me i just want to see them win against all odds :D 

(other than that i find soccer super boring. perhaps because im not very involved) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yinja said:

I saw some of it..

Always appreciate a game when the stake is high and the impossible happendes. 

I also always cheer for the underdog... for a very understandable reason to me i just want to see them win against all odds :D 

(other than that i find soccer super boring. perhaps because im not very involved) 

I think it's a great thing, when all hope seems lost, not giving up. I suppose as with any sport, a massive part of it is psychological / mental attitude.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this