Sign in to follow this  
EmeraldHead

What energies are there?

I know nothing and have no personal experience but Daoist arts seem to make a big deal out of energy varieties. Odd stuff.

Edited by senseless virtue

scholarly learning is deficient>?

I would have to question that.

I could easily begin typing and stir the pot.

but I will suffice to say that if you sat around chit chat with folks over in Geneva Switzerland and topic is CERN particle...

maybe you will fall short of conversation.

not that I intuitively feel that any one particular person can't hold a conversation such as these that take place at the dao bums/forum

and when I mean YOU" I mean you understood.

no one scrutinizes some of the writings here ENOUGH.

where is Top Dog today?

Edited by sagebrush

2 hours ago, Arramu said:

- Post-natal

--- jing

--- chi

--- shen

- Pre-natal

--- jing

--- chi

--- shen

People, particularly those who write about 'spiritual' things use the term energy incorrectly all the time, it simply means they don't have a clue concerning what they are talking about but wish to appear that they do.

Emotions are not energy

Jing is not energy

Shen is not energy

Magnetism is not energy

There is no Astral energy

Chi is energy

Electromagnetism (light, radar, Xrays, etc) is energy

Momentum contains energy but of a different kind than the above.

That is all.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

scholarly learning still has certain deficits 

basically the book everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten encompasses pragmatic wisdom

and I still struggle with the basics.

like I want to scream out who gives a flying fuck about not chewing gum in the class?

what kind of rule is that?

I am in the middle of an argument. not a crisis

oh yeah the conduct....

pain and injury are in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by sagebrush

The conventional definition of energy in physics is "the ability to do work". This means that energy absent movement is potential. Potential can become (transform into) energy once it starts doing something, but until then it remains just potential. Perhaps it would be helpful to review the types of energies listed in light of this (specific) definition?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

People, particularly those who write about 'spiritual' things use the term energy incorrectly all the time, it simply means they don't have a clue concerning what they are talking about but wish to appear that they do.

Emotions are not energy

Jing is not energy

Shen is not energy

Magnetism is not energy

There is no Astral energy

Chi is energy

Electromagnetism (light, radar, Xrays, etc) is energy

Momentum contains energy but of a different kind than the above.

That is all.

'astral '  ... 'without going into detail '      <sigh>    .... again      :huh:

Edited by Nungali

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

'astral '  ... 'without going into detail '      <sigh>    .... again      :huh:

From OP:

* I have also been part of astral houses that claim to wield special astral energies. Basically, like an astral wind that comes from various galaxies and flow in parts of our world, related to the magnetism of the planet. Without going into detail, these astral winds are very powerful energies that can be acquired in ones astral vessel and be used to blast astral beings of any kind, be it 'low astral beings' ("parasites") or more powerful like another cultivator projecting. And they're quite potent!

Gigantic clock of clap.

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

'astral '  ... 'without going into detail '      <sigh>    .... again   

So, how do you define astral energies?  YAhahaha.  Sorry the term astral energies is funny, but how would you relate it to something this Taoist can relate to?  Never mind the OP.  I have a way I would define it, but it may not be what you have in mind, so you go first.

Edited by Starjumper

Sign in to follow this