Gareth_W

Im looking to begin.....

something that will give me bodily fitness, something that will be as much about the mind as the body, and something that will involve the gathering, manipulation & use of chi for health & well being.

Taiji is a great way to improve yourself on all points you mentioned :)

I got lucky to find a great Chen style teacher close to me, i guess it shouldnt be that hard to find a taijiteacher (or any other internal art like Pakua or Xinyi for example) in a big city like London :)

Kind regards !

Edited by minkus

Taiji is a great way to improve yourself on all points you mentioned :)

I will have a look into Taiji - Its not something im familiar with...

Thanks Minkus.

If anyone on here knows of any good teachers or classes in London - your help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gareth.

Burgs does classes in London. Not weekly or anything, but more often, this year. He is exceptional, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. www.justletgo.org

Burgs does classes in London. Not weekly or anything, but more often, this year. He is exceptional, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. www.justletgo.org

Again - Thanks Ian.

I will have a good look over his site!

I would agree with Taijiquan based on your description of what you're looking for although Xingyiquan and Baguazhang would be good choices as well. Here is the website of one of my taiji brothers in the UK - I don't know how close he is to you. He teaches Chen Pan Ling style taiji as well as some other arts (kung fu, Chinese wrestling, and sword stuff). Good luck!

http://www.kuoshu.co.uk/

Best,

Steve

PS He is a very accomplished martial artist and an extremely nice guy - Robert Simpson

Edited by xuesheng