misteranderson

breath empowerment

Hello,

I'm trying to do some research on breath empowerment or warriors breath. I just recently learned a "transformational breath" technique by Judith Kravitz & that reminded me of Jeff Primack's "breath empowerment." I like the effect, but I'm wondering about the science behind it. The only science I found is that it's not really helpful for people having an acute MI or for people having chest pain in the back of a paramedic vehicle. Is this a legitimate practice? Is this actual Qi? Has anyone ever done this for a year or longer? I like the effect, but I don't want to do something that's just B.S.

Thank You,

-Dave

• Like 1

Hello, misteranderson, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Dave,

The breath is very much linked to Energy in most traditions, so I’m sure someone here will answer your question with more knowledge then I. 

Though when I read your nickname I can’t help but think of Agent Smith 😊

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

On 7/3/2018 at 2:40 AM, misteranderson said:

"transformational breath" technique

Hi misteranderson,

Is your "transformational breath" akin to the fanning of energy from jing => chi => shen?

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

All I know is that breathing is important.

Good morning Dada-da,

Important - for what?

I know I breath in O2 and breath out CO2 to keep me alive.

Besides this?

- LimA

45 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Good morning Dada-da,

Important - for what?

I know I breath in O2 and breath out CO2 to keep me alive.

Besides this?

- LimA

That's about it.  If you aren't breathing there's a good chance you are dead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marblehead said:

That's about it.  If you aren't breathing there's a good chance you are dead.

Hi Dada-da,

But of course.

However  misteranderson is researching on breath empowerment or warriors breath.

So how?

- LimA

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

So how?

I have no idea.  That is a new concept for my mind.  Hopefully someone will say something about it.

Yeah, I just came across a transformational breath practice from a friend, & remembered & re-encountered Jeff Primack's breath empowerment & noticed the similarities. I just wondered if there were people in the Qi-gong community who knew a lot about it. Jeff Primack made a lot of claims about it, but I can find no scientific information about this topic on the internet. That was the motivation behind the question I started off with.

-Dave