Phoenix3

Did any Daoist ever label significant parts of the body with hexagrams?

33 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

The cycles change based on the level of practice and the time of day, etc.

Ā 

Really? Thatā€™s interesting. Could you expand on this? Which way does the cycle go? Sorry to be a bother, I donā€™t have the book. I know that some sources place trigrams at different body parts, but iā€™m quite interested on what hexagrams the daoists put the liver, spleen,Ā and so on. Iā€™mĀ sure some Daoist must have done so.

Edited by Phoenix3

o.k. on page 102 it says the four cardinal points are the trigrams heaven, earth for south and north with South as the huiyin perineum cavity - and north as palace of the muddy pellet. Then East is Kan and West is Li with East as Mingment and West or Li as the heart Crimson Palace.

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

ok it says each of the six five-day periods of the month is associated with one of the eight trigrams - and then each trigram is associated with one of the ten celestial stems - and this is one of the models for the practice of the "fire times" in internal alchemy. p. 96

• Thanks 1

This is all very interesting, but trigrams is not what iā€™m after. Hexagrams are what iā€™m looking for.

5 hours ago, Phoenix3 said:

This is all very interesting, but trigrams is not what iā€™m after. Hexagrams are what iā€™m looking for.

Foundations of Internal Alchemy: The Taoist Practice of Neidan

Mu Wang, ā€ŽFabrizio Pregadio - 2011 - ā€ŽAlchemy
The Cantong qi also says: ! ... the first star of the Northern Dipper: the circulation of the River Chariot is modeled on the rotation of the Dipper in heaven. ā€œThe hexagrams revolveā€ refers to the turning upside down of the six Yin and the six YangĀ ...

A Portion of the Translation of the Cantong Qi; the Source of the Taoist ...

thekingdomwithin.net/a-portion-of-the-translation-of-the-cantong-qi-the-source-of-th...

A Portion of the Translation of the Cantong Qi; the Source of the Taoist Way of the Golden Elixir TreasuryEye (Drukama) The principles of Neidan (Inner ... the father and the mother of all hexagrams. ... the River Chariot of the northern direction.

Ā 

So that's the "small universe" meditation aka microcosmic orbit.

Ā 

Ā 

20 hours ago, Phoenix3 said:

Ā 

They are trigrams, from wikipedia,

Ā 

>>trigrams (gua)Ā  are the same as hexagrams (zhonggua/double gua)

Ā 

and they donā€™t make sense.

Ā 

>> its because you dont have a teacher

Ā 

After all, is kun (the receptive) really the belly?

Ā 

>> yes, it receives food

Ā 

Regardless, I would have thought some daoist would have linked hexagrams with anatomy some time ago.

https://m.91ddcc.com/t/8426

Ā 

list of hexas vs anatomy

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 2-7-2018 at 8:18 AM, Taoist Texts said:

https://m.91ddcc.com/t/8426

Ā 

list of hexas vs anatomy

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If I read this correctly it is not so much about hexagrams but about trigrams.

Ā 

The question that OP started the thread with refers to a 'daoist perspective.' I wonder if a medical perspective (TCM) would not be a better approach. I have a few books on TCM & Yijing. I'll see if I can find something in them that answers OP's question.Ā Might take some time though.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Harmen said:

I'll see if I can find something in them that answers OP's question.Ā Might take some time though.

Ā 

Thank you!

On 6/30/2018 at 3:02 PM, voidisyinyang said:

you still dont know how to actually do it, do you

even though I told you already maybe 7, 8 years ago

Ā 

and the folks that made this image missed a really basic thing too.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:44 PM, joeblast said:

you still dont know how to actually do it, do you

even though I told you already maybe 7, 8 years ago

Ā 

and the folks that made this image missed a really basic thing too.

Phoenix3 asked the question. So if you secretly know the answer and don't want to share - that's what forums are for!

On 7/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, voidisyinyang said:

The cycles change based on the level of practice and the time of day, etc.

its also what email and messaging is for, and I have a more complete paradigm to consider before making the extent of the theory more fully known.Ā  But for that, I need some particular knowledge-data point-of-view (which has unfortunately left here) and I've only just gotten around to convening with my other resource.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2018 at 9:53 PM, Harmen said:

The question that OP started the thread with refers to a 'daoist perspective.' I wonder if a medical perspective (TCM) would not be a better approach. I have a few books on TCM & Yijing. I'll see if I can find something in them that answers OP's question.Ā Might take some time though.

Ā 

Hello, any luck? :)Ā 

6 hours ago, Phoenix3 said:

Ā 

Hello, any luck? :)Ā 

Ā 

As I said, it might take some time. Don't push please. Pushing is very demotivating.

7 hours ago, Harmen said:

Ā 

As I said, it might take some time. Don't push please. Pushing is very demotivating.

Ā 

Sorry, i didnā€™t mean to. Just thought you may have forgotten.Ā 

I have 7 books about Yijing& TCM and none of them link the hexagrams to organs or other parts of the body. This is not surprising because for TCM almost only the trigrams combined with the Five Elements/Phases are being used. Last year I gave a workshop to acupuncturists about the Yijing as a tool for diagnosis in TCM, which focused on the Wenwanggua system. This system looks at the so-called Officer & Ghost line as the cause of the disease and the Children line as the treatment orĀ medicine. All lines have the Five Phases connected to them and the Phase that is on the O&G line points to the organ system that is malfunctioning. The trigram in which the O&G line is residing also helps to find the cause of the ailment.

Ā 

But all this has more to do with the Wuxing and trigrams than with the hexagrams.

Ā 

Of course I could also say that theĀ å…­åå››å¦čˆ‡čŗ«é«”éƒØ位 method is a secret within theĀ ZhenmengĀ ēœŸč’™ lineage of 道家 that I follow. That kind of nonsense always works very well and never fails to impress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for your help regardless! IĀ appreciate your time and effort.Ā If one day you do find something interesting regarding this subject, then feel free to update this thread :)

Edited by Phoenix3
  • Like 1