Reverence

Third Eye Block?

Hey people, my first post here and actually my main reason for browsing for forums to join.

I don't know what this means but whenever I try practice using my third eye to SEE visualizations instead of just visualizing and having my brain create something, I see this alternating pattern of light and dark like a black and white stripe pattern. What tends to happen is:

- I sit and focus on my third eye

- I try to open it, my ego likes to say "yeah it's open I'm the best" but my other senses tell me otherwise. I can only slightly open my eye, somewhat like squinting

- A bright light begins to grow from a single point and expands but before I feel like I'll see something, I see the black and white stripe pattern

Now I have a few theories and my gut tells me something but I'd like to ask you guys what you think. I wanna get an outside opinion from others on a spiritual path (and yes, I know when it comes down to it I need to trust myself and my own feelings)

Thanks!

These psychic sensations could be any number of things....but what i feel most important to note to you is that the 3rd Eye is a delicate woman. Think of it as an extremely technologically advanced focusing lens that not many people have the education to use. If you push the wrong button then the lens might break. 

Working with and coaxing open the eye is a delicate process...if your really serious about working to open up your capacities in this area then let me know and i can give some tech to aid in you in doing so.  

Edited by StormHealer

The bright light is not really your 3rd eye opening, it is more your concentrated mental energy creating like a build up in your mind. I do not mean to be rude, but I would suggest that you focus on opening your heart more. What people call the third eye is really an extension of more broadly opening and connecting to people and the world around you.  It is feeling and noticing that underlying energy and then translating it in your mind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What people call the third eye is really an extension of more broadly opening and connecting to people and the world around you.  It is feeling and noticing that underlying energy and then translating it in your mind.

Very insightful. I've never heard this topic conveyed in that way. Kudos. B)

Edited by StormHealer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Reverence said:

third eye

Hi Reverence,

The third eye is normally associated with the sixth chakra.

The sixth chakra does not stand alone - it is part of total of seven (broadly and normally).

So the third eye does not stand alone?

Is the third eye affected by the first to the fifth chakras which are below the sixth?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

15 hours ago, Reverence said:

- I try to open it, my ego likes to say "yeah it's open I'm the best" but my other senses tell me otherwise. I can only slightly open my eye, somewhat like squinting

There's no such thing as opened or closed, you only find that term used in things written by fairy princess yoga teachers.  There is only more energized or less energized ... and ...

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Is the third eye affected by the first to the fifth chakras which are below the sixth?

... and ... of course it is.  If one doesn't cultivate high chi power in their body first then they can hardly do a thing with their wimpy energy, which includes not being able to energizing their third eye.

Edited by Starjumper

59 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

... things written by fairy princess yoga teachers... they can hardly do a thing with their wimpy energy...

Hi Steve,

Don't be cheeky.

15 hours ago, Reverence said:

... my third eye...

Hi Reverence,

The third eye -

dantians.jpg

- LimA

21 hours ago, Reverence said:

Hey people, my first post here and actually my main reason for browsing for forums to join.

I don't know what this means but whenever I try practice using my third eye to SEE visualizations instead of just visualizing and having my brain create something, I see this alternating pattern of light and dark like a black and white stripe pattern. What tends to happen is:

- A bright light begins to grow from a single point and expands but before I feel like I'll see something, I see the black and white stripe pattern

Now I have a few theories and my gut tells me something but I'd like to ask you guys what you think. I wanna get an outside opinion from others on a spiritual path (and yes, I know when it comes down to it I need to trust myself and my own feelings)

Thanks!

A very good overview of how to work with Daoist energy anatomy can be found here.  Your black and white stripes are reminiscent of the Daoist yinyang concept, there is likely a lot of information deeper in that can't be accessed until the foundation has been set up. 

From this link:

Of particular interest to Daoist alchemists is the opening of the center of the Upper Dantian, called the "Crystal Room," as this is where psychic perceptions and intuitive awareness take place. Higher communications, experiences of intense bliss, and perceptions that transcend time and space are associated with the Upper Dantian [roughly equivalent to the third eye].

...Although the Upper Dantian is responsible for the fruition of intuitive and psychic perceptions, it is necessary to balance the combined energetic properties of all three Dantians in order to establish a reliable foundation for genuine psychic perception.

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bindi said:

A very good overview of how to work with Daoist energy anatomy can be found here.

Hi Bindi,

Yes - very good.

May I highlight the concept of the Taiji Pole as found there -

These three centers are called the Three Dantians. The Three Dantians are strategically positioned along the Taiji Pole in order to facilitate maximum energy transference.

07e598003142a13d57f891380fef666d.jpg

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

There is proven method by centuries of opening third eye, it includes two instruments, hammer and nail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zetsu said:

There is proven method by centuries of opening third eye, it includes two instruments, hammer and nail.

Hi Zetsu,

True - I opened my third eye with these:

1374945961hit-the-nail-on-the-head-jpg.jpg

19259-Open-Your-Eyes.jpg

Now I have three eyes at three levels - body, mind and spirit.

4026f4d44e41adf77552fd97d647ede4.gif

tumblr_nr4ps9xXS21rlrvyso1_500.jpg

350c5856a3fda641d0dd53723bc38f71--third-eye-son-quotes.jpg

tumblr_nj1svaOy7t1qlwbjgo1_1280.jpg

a449372f09a6214f79f9a267dcfe330b--third-eye-spiritual-inspiration.jpg

- LimA

• Like 1

Third eye is a physical opening in skull bone in front of head that allows information and energy to bypass eyes and get directly into brain.

If you dont use hammer and nail or anth stronger it will not open.

Edit. I suggest using drill.

Edited by Zetsu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Zetsu said:

Third eye is a physical opening in skull bone in front of head that allows information and energy to bypass eyes and get directly into brain.

God help us lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zetsu said:

Actually, after doing the right kind of chi kung for awhile an opening does form in the bone sutures at the top of the head, the same as in a newborn baby.  From there it is possible to do a further high intensity practice and actually have the skin open up, like a pimple that pops, to the point that something can be inserted.  My teacher did that and his teacher then inserted a straw into his head.  A grass straw, not a drinking straw.  He said it was like a radio antenna and that it was like being tuned into a news radio station 24 hours a day ... and that 99% of the news was bad.  He didn't like it, but it wouldn't go away.

The Tibetan lamas of old had a practice where they will take a promising individual, operate on the top of their head and insert a piece of wood, and that then this person would become super psychic.  My teacher said that wasn't true and it only worked if it happened naturally, from the inside.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Actually, after doing the right kind of chi kung for awhile an opening does form in the bone sutures at the top of the head, the same as in a newborn baby.  From there it is possible to do a further high intensity practice and actually have the skin open up, like a pimple that pops, to the point that something can be inserted.  My teacher did that and his teacher then inserted a straw into his head.  A grass straw, not a drinking straw.  He said it was like a radio antenna and that it was like being tuned into a news radio station 24 hours a day ... and that 99% of the news was bad.  He didn't like it, but it wouldn't go away.

The Tibetan lamas of old had a practice where they will take a promising individual, operate on the top of their head and insert a piece of wood, and that then this person would become super psychic.  My teacher said that wasn't true and it only worked if it happened naturally, from the inside.

It does work but fatal1ty rate is quite high, 99.473% wont survive the operation to tell us about wonders of this method.

Mostly teachers do not do this due to risk of ruining student with good potential.

There is a long way of opening by condensing Qi and moving those bones by force, and this process goes with powerful migraines very similar to drilling the head for whole year. Those who endure this pain 24/7 for 365 days get a minor level opening in third eye area.

Soft way of third eye activization is to fast inside a black room without any light for 60 days. You have no light, no humans, around, no electricity, no food, only given once a day a medicinal pill with vitamins and herbs to sustain life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bit of an aside, but I've also heard of certain chi gung practices that, after many years of practice, seem to open up skull bones.  I frget the details though.  I also remember a cranial sacral therapist had classes with had a device that showed how the skull subtlety moved with breathing.  We think of it as hard bone, yet that may not be the whole story.  

Amongst some heavy practitioners there can be some weird affects on anatomy.  

In the book "The Life We are Given' by George Leonard & Michael Murphy had practitioners work toward amazing goals, and showed how with focus and steady practice, highly unlikely things were possible.  Time, sacrifice and long term steady practice can create amazing things. 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, Limahong said:

Hi Reverence,

The third eye is normally associated with the sixth chakra.

The sixth chakra does not stand alone - it is part of total of seven (broadly and normally).

- LimA

Yeah, that's what I'd think too. I don't have an orthodox understanding of the idea of the Seven Chakras, but I'd think you have to go through #1-#5 before you can go through #6

Edited by Alchemical Walrus

19 minutes ago, Alchemical Walrus said:

I'd think you have to go through #1-#5 before you can go through #6

Hi Alchemical Walrus,

Yes...

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

maybe its something in your environment that is preventing you from progressing any further, maybe a change in habitat can remove thr block   ?

On 7/1/2018 at 2:48 PM, thelerner said:

A bit of an aside, but I've also heard of certain chi gung practices that, after many years of practice, seem to open up skull bones.  I frget the details though.  I also remember a cranial sacral therapist had classes with had a device that showed how the skull subtlety moved with breathing.  We think of it as hard bone, yet that may not be the whole story.  

Amongst some heavy practitioners there can be some weird affects on anatomy.  

Something I can add here is the observation that after months of standing exercises and scalp massage, my scalp feels much softer and "puffier", as do tissues all throughout my body. It feels as though the sutures have wider, softer space between them. The back of my head - the wind ponds - feel fabulous. 

I've always had what I assume to be "very active" phosphene effects, a tendency towards seeing things in the dark - vibrating blue lines, almost 3d abstract shapes, a blacker than black bow tie the last couple of times I got drunk, fun stuff. So I'm cautious to ascribe too much to visual effects from my practice. But they are there, plentiful and entertaining. 

There have been many associated effects - crying jags that left me feeling as if my sins had been forgiven, the inside of my back feels like a fresh, slippery salmon fillet, my feet and hands have stopped hurting from some endless clutching I didn't know I was doing. I am often aware of my pulse, especially along the Aortic line, except when that organizes itself into an orchestra of spinning balls and orbiting wooshing. I think that's supposed to happen, but an awareness of that sort occasionally intrudes on whatever else is going on.

• Like 1

Writer and teacher Glenn Morris was big on having his student stay aware of the phosphene colors behind their eyes.  I believe he encouraged the indigo colors if you got to them naturally. 

• Like 1

By "Got them naturally" I suppose you mean not as afterimages?  

The vibrating blue stuff does act differently than the other colors.