Sign in to follow this  
cosmic4z

Okay to be vulnerable?

Seems to me that it has everything to do with upholding an unrealistic sense of self importance and with "selling oneself" in view of career opportunities.

Depends on the context....from a martial art of war perspective...you don't want to leave openings in your defenses (physically and energetically). This kind of carelessness will invite some pretty harsh lessons into your life. Analyze your weaknesses...leave no crevice unexplored. 

Edited by StormHealer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StormHealer said:

Analyze your weaknesses...

Hi StormHealer,

... and strengths.

Do a SWOT analysis.

- LimA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Do a SWOT analysis.

Hi All,

SWOT (Strengths - Weaknesses - Opportunities - Threats) analysis

swot-analysis-template-ggfgrn4m.png

- LimA

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, if we stay behind our protective armor we are going to miss out on a lot of living.  So we can either remain safe and secure or we can try to experience as much of life as possible.

Totally, and I'm thinking a significant part of connecting with people, having awesome friends and great experiences, is allowing yourself to be vulnerable and open with people, risking rejection and possibly ridicule? Though of course, if someone slaps you down for being open and honest with them, maybe they're not really worth knowing anyway. In a way, it's a way of filtering out the assholes!

Edited by cosmic4z
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

... if some slaps you down for being open and honest with them... (1)

Hi cosmic4z,

I had been slapped at TDB.

But I don't feel anything.

I will keep on being open and honest.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

... if some slaps you down for being open and honest with them... (2)

Hi cosmic4z,

299cdff8c087fea9ac8afae81c6f32ca.jpg

honesty-and-openness-is-always-the-foundation-of-insightful-dialogue-quote-1.jpg

There's%2Bjust%2Bsome%2Bmagic%2Bin%2Btruth%2Band%2Bhonesty%2Band%2Bopenness.%2BFrank%2BOcean.png

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

26 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

Totally, and I'm thinking a significant part of connecting with people, having awesome friends and great experiences, is allowing yourself to be vulnerable and open with people, risking rejection and possibly ridicule? Though of course, if someone slaps you down for being open and honest with them, maybe they're not really worth knowing anyway. In a way, it's a way of filtering out the assholes!

You said that far better than I could have.

20 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi cosmic4z,

I had been slapped at TDB.

But I don't feel anything.

I will keep on being open and honest.

- LimA

Yeah, we have to keep on being our self.  Others will have their opinions of us.  Does it matter if we are being honest?  I think not.

25 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

... someone slaps you...

Hi cosmic4z,

It is now 3:40am at my end - I am getting vulnerable.

I don't want anyone to slap me - I am going to sleep.

Good night.

- LimA

Congratulations - Sweden ~ 3-0

Unbelievable - South Korea ~ 2-0

• Like 1

Like it says on the coffee pot , change filter regularly. 

But , don't say I didn't warn you,,

Its just common knowledge how, in the military , after a battle , you get together with the enlisted guys, and have a good cry. 

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, we have to keep on being our self.

Hi Dada-da,

At the start of my joining TDB in March last year - you told me to be myself.

Have I let you down?

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

7 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

At the start of my joining TDB in March last year - you told me to be myself.

Have I let you you down?

- LimA

Hehehe.  As far as I can tell you are staying true to the image you present to us.  I will call that good.

2 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Stosh,

Perhaps they also do a AAR?

- LimA

Touche ! 

22 minutes ago, Limahong said:

AAR?

Hi All,

AAR

After-Action+Review+We+must+continue+to+look+critically+at+our+abilities+to+achieve+decisive+victory+and+aim+to+improve..jpg

Good night.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:23 AM, cosmic4z said:

Is it okay to sometimes feel vulnerable and unsure? Intact, is it sometimes important to feel vulnerable and not pretend that we have all the answers?

I would suggest that if you don't feel vulnerable and unsure sometimes, you are not paying attention or not being honest with yourself.

It's a necessary experience in becoming aware and a marker along the way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve said:

I would suggest that if you don't feel vulnerable and unsure sometimes, you are not paying attention or not being honest with yourself.

It's a necessary experience in becoming aware and a marker along the way.

Hi Steve,

I do feel vulnerable and unsure (with some things, in some areas etc). The problem is being afraid to be authentic with people; you know, rather than pretending like I'm not vulnerable and unsure, when in fact I am.

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

Hi Steve,

I do feel vulnerable and unsure (with some things, in some areas etc). The problem is being afraid to be authentic with people; you know, rather than pretending like I'm not vulnerable and unsure, when in fact I am.

Hope that makes sense!

I think noticing that tendency is all you need to do and maintaining that awareness. Permit a brief rant.

My approach is to be with it when it comes up and trust that it will change, if it needs to change, when the circumstances are right. The one who feels not authentic or simply unsure,the one who needs to change something, is the very obstacle to that authenticity. IMO, authenticity is spontaneous by definition (ziran) and manifests when the narrator, the thinker, the planner, and the doer rest. What’s left is openness, listening, allowing it to be as it is without resistance or forced action. That’s wu wei - non interference. When it runs its course, if allowed to, it will liberate. If an action is needed, it will happen. Trust that and rest completely connected to the moment - body, speech, and mind.

• Like 2

Just occurred to me...

Another way this thing manifests is when we don't ask for help or advice, because we don't want to be seen to be lacking.

Knowing how to ask others for help or advice is I think, a key life skill.

Edited by cosmic4z
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, steve said:

I think noticing that tendency is all you need to do and maintaining that awareness. Permit a brief rant.

My approach is to be with it when it comes up and trust that it will change, if it needs to change, when the circumstances are right. The one who feels not authentic or simply unsure,the one who needs to change something, is the very obstacle to that authenticity. IMO, authenticity is spontaneous by definition (ziran) and manifests when the narrator, the thinker, the planner, and the doer rest. What’s left is openness, listening, allowing it to be as it is without resistance or forced action. That’s wu wei - non interference. When it runs its course, if allowed to, it will liberate. If an action is needed, it will happen. Trust that and rest completely connected to the moment - body, speech, and mind.

That sounds absolutely spot on! :)

• Thanks 1

Hi steve,

17 hours ago, steve said:

I would suggest that if you don't feel vulnerable and unsure sometimes, you are not paying attention or not being honest with yourself. It's a necessary experience in becoming aware and a marker along the way.

Vulnerability => self-honesty.

Awareness and marker along the way => experiential/mindful milestone (turning point) in life?

Hi cosmic4z,

16 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

You have come across as human(e)ly - vulnerable, unsure, authentic and unpretentious. Be mindful of self-honesty.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong

Sign in to follow this