mwight

OBE's Who here has had one?

I am curious as to who here has had an OBE?

I have had three that I remember, vividly.

I've had many.

I used to practice a technique to try an induce these years ago. I had a few weird, but pretty short OBE experiences. I eventually got to the point where I would get right to the brink almost at will, but I seemed to have a mental block that would prevent me from staying out. The technique I used was very simple. Just lay down, and very slowly start relaxing your body from the toes up. On the inhale visualize yourself slowly pulling the awarness/energy of your feet and toes up to your head. Slowly work your way up your legs, torso, hands and arms. Eventually you get to the point where your whole body is totally relaxed and almost numb. You can then use various visualizations such as imagining your are building a replica of your body with energy on the exhale, and eventually try and shift your consciousnss to it. That never worked so well for me. What worked for me was to simultaneously concentrate my awareness while totally relaxing my mind and then just kind of will my consciousness out. It is hard to put adequately into words. I think different techniques probably work better for different people.

I would know when separation was beginning as I always experienced the following: I would start to get an odd buzzing/whirring sound in my ears and then it would feel like my body was laying on a vibrating platform that would begin to vibrate very violently. It was as if the atoms of my body were shaking apart, then I would feel like a gust of wind sweep over me.

I think the most important thing is to avoid tensing up for any reason. As soon as the above would happen I would almost always get this primal feeling of fear and that would kill the experiecnce as I whiplashed back into my body. I faced a similar problem when I started meditating with this feeling of a primal fear. I eventually worked my through it, so perrhaps the OBE thing would be easier for me now. I haven't attempted this for quite a while.

P.S. One more tip. If you hear the buzzing/whirring try to hone in on it and make it more and more clear. That also seemed to help me.

Brgds

Great question. I had lots of awesome long and vivid experiences while dreaming (astral travel, lucid dreaming, etc) but never had an OBE while fully awake. I've never really tried that hard though.

Sometimes when i meditate, and i am deeply relaxed, i sort of try to come out of my body, but didn't have any luck so far. I will try OR's suggestions and see if they work. :)

hi!

i practiced out of body experiences when i was around 12 to 14 almost every night.

i never could actually "see" the room from the astral sight but i often came to the point where i felt myselve as if i existed two times.

it was a feeling is if i was in the body and in the same time above my body.

it was scary in the beginning but later i enjoyed it when i came to that point.

i used a very simple techinque which worked really, really good on me.

first i relaxed myselve from the toe to the head. when i was deeply relaxed i imagined that the floor i was lying on was moving me around in a circle (like a merry goe around i dont know if that is the correct name). i imagined the center of the moving was my hip. and i moved clockwise or anti-clockwise. like lying on a platfrom that moves you.

after a while i had the sensation of a special kind of feeling "dizzy" or hard to describe it in another language. the moving in circle started by itself. next stage was that i felt the turning become stronger and stronger. faster and faster. it was so strong i kind of lost control. after that in front of my third i there was a big feeling of a huge space (like a little universe). then i felt like two "bodies" separating and then i was feeling "myselve" as the body and also as a second "body" very light above me. the lightness was a very pleasant feeling. i was deeply relaxed. i think that was the key for if it worked or not. the more relaxed, the easier it was. the more i wanted it to happen the less it happened. funny is that the first time i actually practiced it was one of the strongest results. i had no expectations so i went in it with a blank mind. i got very very scared from the first time! but on the other hand i enjoyed it, too.

more i couldnt do. i was also afraid that one day i could actually "see" something.

when i ws dreamign this happened too and i could see - but i ususally didnt see the room as it really was. one or two times in the dream i was attacked by something when i was "flying" in the room. the best defense was not to attack back but to pray (funny, i am not christian but that spontaniously came into my mind and it worked, too) or send love to the "attacker".

i read in a book that this dreams where you think you fall and wake up suddenly are the ones when your astral body goes very fast back into your body.

i have to say that i dont know if there is any danger in this practices.

COOL THREAD! THANKS!

Edited by jan1107

I have had numerous obe. The first one happened when I was thirteen.During a hockey match I was hit square between the eyes with the puck.The next thing I recalled was looking at this fellow sprawled out on the ice and everyone standing around him. I remember thinking "this poor fellow I wonder whats wrong with him?"

Then I heard a voice tell me some very strange things,the last of which was "Look it's you".I then realized that the guy lieing on the ice was me and immediately slammed back into my body.

For days afterwards I was in an altered state were everything seemed in slow motion.It wasn't until I had physical fight with one of my classmates that I snapped out of it.

Another powerfull obe I had was when I lived at a lighthouse.This was a very isolated wild place (I truly loved that place) Besides interacting with my partener I had very little social contact for months.My days were spent fishing and roaming about in the bush.

One night I was having a dream about being chased by someone. In the dream, I thought this has never happened to me and woke up in the dream.I recall my whole body began to vibrate such a wonderful feeling,the next I know I'am standing over the bed looking at myself and my partener.I could feel myself start to panic but stopped it and decided to walk down the hall.

I felt like an invigorated happy ghost.

I went outside and stood by the cliff edge and starred out over the sea which was dead calm and lit by a wanning moon.

Suddenly in the distance I saw light shine, this light noticed me and came directly to me.This was a mistake on my part.

The light turned into a malevolent being that straight away attacked me. The sensation when it struck me was like hitting a electric fense.

The spirit then said it had come to take something that belong to my partener.

I wondered what it could be

I was then showen what appear to be a grey substance wrapped around a bundle of wires.

I try to stop it but the spirit was far to strong and I knew I had to return to my body quick.

With in an instant I slammed back into my body, the force of which lifted me phsically from the bed and woke my partener up. Her back was wet from my sweat and I was panting like a dog.

After this obe I became sick,I lost weight and had very little energy. It took me three years to regain myself.

My partener now has multiple sclerosis which is a disease wereby the bodys immune system attacks the protective mylin sheath around the nerves.

It is essential to know how to protect yourselve if you are serious about obe,believe me we are not alone.

It is essential to know how to protect yourselve if you are serious about obe,believe me we are not alone.

and how do you do this?

Interesting experiences Seadog. Thanks for sharing.

and how do you do this?

Western occultism uses techniques such as vibrating words of power as well as gestures like the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram etc... I think the main thing is to have a disciplined mind though. Don't let your fears become manifest.

I had lots. Not intentionally but as a result of my training.

Most exciting were the once where I got to travel to other worlds. Second on the list is time travel but all of the trips were in the "past". :)

Seadog that was very vividly told! Thankyou for sharing that. :o

I tell you what - oftentimes people have dreams of being attacked, before a physical malaise appears. It is well known in analytical psychology. The other day I heard someone took a dream of a snake biting their arm, to their therapist, who told them to get their blood pressure checked. Six weeks later they had a stroke.

It is the psyche giving out the alarm bells. Or 'something' giving out alarm bells, depending on your belief system.

We interpret illness as 'attack'. I remember when I was terribly ill, lying and feeling a creeping 'something' slowly killing me and knowing that I had to kill it first. It was a virus. But to me, it was simply 'the enemy'...

Smile are you able to tell us more about the other worlds that you saw? pleeease?!

I dont know if any of you have read Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris, it's great book, lots of fun and interesting on meeting entities too... he recommends eating any entities that you find suspicious, if I remember correctly... :huh:

My own response to curious visitors of this ilk is to stay in neutral space with huge doses of accepting love and make sure the reactive chi does NOT rise.

In other words... dont feed the trolls..

My consciousness awoke once whilst my body was still sleeping. It was absolutely terrifying. I was in a black space and only existed as thought. I couldn't feel anything physically. What was most terrifying was that I couldn't feel my breathing. So I thought I was dead.

Existing as nothing but isolated thought in darkness was not a pleasant experience for me. And I wouldn't want to go there again.

I have also tried OBE every time I get close I can't let go of that final connection with the body and I am overcome with fear. It feels as if I would die if I severed that connection.

People have mentioned other entities in that realm. I certainly would rather not be meeting anything there with bad intentions so stopped practice. It was a little too intense/high risk for me. Because I don't know what is on the other side. Maybe a guide is needed.

The one time my consciousness woke up and my body stayed asleep.... I had a felt experience of there being no linear tiime or space, and a sense of the ubiquity and indivisibility of consciousness. I knew I was an infinitisimal fragment in a pulsating kaledioscope in which all things were joined.

It was great.

Then my body woke up and I went and had a nice cup of tea.

I've had several as a direct result of using Hemisync's "Gateway" series. It might be better to catagorize them as just astral experiences. I've not tried (yet) any experiments to, say, find something hidden in a box or anything like that. But I have left my physical body, looked at it, explored the house and floated above it, seeing my community. I've also made trips to favorite places on Earth and trips to places certainly not of Earth. I also have an "area" that I like to go to that is like a big table on the beach where I drink iced tea and talk to guides that help me.

I can't say if these are technically OBE's or not. One thing I did learn from using this technology is that I know, rather than believe, in a life beyond my body, because I have experienced it. That has in itself been worth the price of admisssion...certainly an E-ticket ride! :D

RIchard

I had lots. Not intentionally but as a result of my training.

Most exciting were the once where I got to travel to other worlds. Second on the list is time travel but all of the trips were in the "past". :)

hi smile,

that sounds very interesting. what kind of time travels did you have?

i was always extremely interested if there was a "real" time travelling. did you actually see the past as if it was reality? did you travel with your astral body? was it like a lucid dream?

i would be so happy if you wouldnt mind to write about that experience.

thanks in advance.

jan.

Edited by jan1107

Smile are you able to tell us more about the other worlds that you saw? pleeease?!

C'mon, Kitty Cat! There're many. But the most memorable one is the one I had when I decided to visit Nan Huai-Chin but instead of flying to China, I quickly left the Earth and went through some kind of a tunnel for about 5 minutes. You have to understand one thing. When you are out of your body, your mind is your steering wheel. You have a one pointed concentration on the target or you will never get there, especially if it takes you too long to travel.

So after 5 minutes, I realized I should stop and look around as it was obvious Master Nan was way too far. There was an interesting community of humanoid beings, only very skinny and their features were very beautiful and refined. They were communicating using mind and creating reality using special vocal tones sang out loud. A lady was guiding me and showing me things and she saw me being interested in creating reality. So she took me to this training room where you train and refine your skills on creating things. You basically sing and your voice is the molding hands that mold the energy of bluish-purplish colors into shapes. Then they gradually become solid and real. I didn't have much success with creating stuff but a woman guide said it's very good for the first time. Then I had to go and she said I can come back any time. I never did so far.

As the topic of time travel, it's never intentional and always instant. Like, I roll out of my body and pass through the window of my room, and bam! - I'm in the "past" or not even on the planet. It happens to me about 70% of the time. You pass through some kind of door or the gateway and there is something else on the other side.You know how many times I thought I would go to the "future" and get the Lottery numbers? Fortunately, it doesn't work this way and thankfully I matured from being that stupid. :)

Max

Thats some impressive events you all encountered. I remembered once what happend during a small operation on my stomach wich was completely under narcosis, was akward telling the doctor afterwords what happend.

During a deep hpynosis I experienced a rolling and pulsating movement. I could feel forward motion and travel. It was a similar motion feeling to being in a car but there was a rolling, changing, rocking, repetitive motion.

I had no idea what it was but decided to let it run its natural course and just experience it for what it was. Slowly the physical experiences solidified form loose movement to directed motion. Quite hard to explain.

It was only when the movements solidified that I realised I was a horse :o I was galloping. it was quite a pleasant experience but slightly scary as I had no feeling of my human body but was completely experiencing being a galloping horse.

It was very weird as I have no interest in horses what so ever. I never intended to have an OBE and didn't realise what it was until the last few moments. I was listening to a relaxation hypnosis CD and it happened.

Guest winpro07

Pasted from another string:

-Had from about 5 to 12 years old a recurring experience. This happened many times mostly in a prone position, and several while standing. Would often times go way inside my self, and sometimes i would hear a sound that at first seemed to come from very far away, but was very intense. Whenever it started i could not tell its source or direction, and it grew steadily in volume/intensity. Right about the point where the sound would seem local i could feel the vibration of it in my feet -as soon as this happened the whole room or area i was in would be filled with it. The sense produced by its taking over my presence was something like: death or dying, but without the fear associated with death, pleasurable, and very uncomfortable at the total loss of presence as it ascended up my body to my head. The Vibration/sound intensity of it was overwhelming strong. back then seemed like 'the sound of everything' .Being very young, and having nothing to relate it to, and no one to ask Q's of made me feel unsafe with it. Every time as the sound passed to my head I would immediately with the sense of being transported at some incredible rate find my self in another place even more overwhelming. That place was so amazing that fear from the sudden loss of body, and home would subside.

At age 12 the Sound rose again while in a very public place. I was standing next to my mother, and her friends. I don't think focus was something i had experienced before that moment, as it took everything to stop its momentum -it stopped for a few years. At age 15 a need to find out what it all was took me to a book store. Having found some answerers to what had been happening I set out to restart what had ended. This question rises now from a practice that several days ago produced a similar sound. My question here to any that may know is What is this sound?

Like to ad that there was a sensation of my body folding in on its self -liked disolving, and turning inward.

Noticed other comments about sound, and body disolving. These feel important to me?

I started having OBE's in my early 20's as a result of drug experimentation, not necessarily during the drug experience but after when coming down.

Some have occured when just drifting off to sleep and in the early morning hours and for some crazy reason many involve floating along near power lines like they were some sort of electronic astral leash.

The books that I've read, was to study the phenomenon and not to learn how to do it.........The WHY was more important.

The most fascinating one for me was when I had a high fever and was bed bound................It was very warm and stuffy in the bedroom.

The windows are of the roll out kind and I attempted to crank it open for some fresh air.

I kept trying to crank the wndow but couldn't grip the handle...........It was at this point that I realised that I was out of body and the person sleeping was me!

At that moment, I slipped,........more like popped back in my body.

The question I always asked was, How does one see without physical eyes?