Phoenix3

What else is there to do, after being able to meditate on emptiness?

2 hours ago, Wuschel said:

is the totality of perception just one bubble? one bubble of what? 

Hi Wuschel,

Bubbles => emptiness?

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=6215216

raw

giphy.gif

xji7bck.gif

Bubbles => troubles?

af10723e78063ec7c7fe267b3c176f12.jpg

1-1.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Bubbles can be sung...?

So in the end...?

tenor.gif?itemid=6199914

tumblr_m7ugelJSpn1r7vxcmo1_500.gif

bubbbles-dribbble.gif

giphy.gif

- LimA

I like those bubbles in the white outfit.  Probably aren't real though.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wuschel said:

but then you are taking about everything i have said in this thread out of the context in which i have said it, and therefore are responding to something i haven't said

Not really taking it out of context.  Just adding what I felt was an additional perspective.  I have to include my understandings when responding to you else I wouldn't be telling you of the influences that dictate my responses.

i don't disagree with anything you say

i'm just trying to point at the underlying reality within what you call subjective reality

Okay.  I think we might have a new beginning here if we first discuss the real value of subjective reality.

We first need acknowledge that objective reality is what it is regardless of how we value or define it.  If we can agree to this then we can set objective reality aside and speak only of subjective reality which is, in my understanding, where your primary interest lies.

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I like those bubbles in the white outfit.

Hi Dada-da,

Big and small bubbles -

isolated-colorful-rainbow-soap-bubbles-large-small-transparent-48674371.jpg

Some really tiny -

- LimA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Later.

Hi Dada-da,

In anticipation of "later" ~ if it is going to end in silence:

stock-vector-big-white-speech-bubble-made-from-colorful-small-bubbles-97778342.jpg

... then emptiness cannot be chased...?

AWbglv.gif

cdef5987eb2033c666288f93d0e7d6b1.jpg

- LimA

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

"Anything more than a mouthful is extra."

Hi Dada-da,

The "extra" borders on "emptiness"...?

masao-abe-emptiness-is-not-a-mere-emptiness-but-quote-on-storemypic-a369b.png

116830-o.jpg

meditation-is-not-emptiness-that-is-a-way-of-trying-to-talk-about-something-that-is-impossible-to-quote-1.jpg

Emptiness-is-not.jpg?5e6628

Now that I have emptied myself of what I am trying to say pictorially - I am full and less of a fool.

- LimA

• Like 1

Emptiness is not a mere emptiness, but rather fullness in which the distinctiveness of everything is thoroughly realized.  Masao Abe

I wish I would have said that.  Likely would have saved me seventeen thousand words.

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I wish I would have said that.  Likely would have saved me seventeen thousand words.

Better late than never...

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

As many French men say, "Anything more than a mouthful is extra."

Many French women  say "I hold my liqueur.......By the ears"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

are things empty (1) because they are in essence the same? or is essence full because it gives birth to all things (2)

Hi Wuschel,

Two things -

(1)

(2)

(1) = (2)

things empty = all things?

Dean Martin and Bobby Darin had/have the answer?

Why "had/have"?

Because dawei says...

On 6/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, dawei said:

Squares and corners spoken are not the eternalness [of squares and corners].

- LimA

(A)

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Emptiness is not a mere emptiness, but rather fullness in which the distinctiveness of everything is thoroughly realized.  Masao Abe. I wish I would have said that.  Likely would have saved me seventeen thousand words.

(B)

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

vs.

Hi Wuschel,

Where in (A) is found your 'vs' in (B)?

- LimA

3 hours ago, Wuschel said:

that was my general impression of his perspective. that whole buddhism vs taoism thing

Hi Wuschel,

I am troubled by your generalization as I have an inclusive embrace of both Buddhism and Taoism.

Let us wait for Marblehead's take, if any.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

8 hours ago, Wuschel said:

is the glass half empty or half full?

There's a story about this.

There was a Buddhist convention and there was a heated discussion by Two Buddhist as to whether the glass on the table was half full or half empty.  It was a hot, dry day.  The discussion seemed like it could go on forever.

But then, along comes a Taoist Sage, all hot and dry-mouthed, grabs the glass, drinks the water, sets the glass back down and continues on his way without saying a word.

Edited by Marblehead

6 hours ago, Wuschel said:

ok. i recognize my agreement to the existence of objective reality as a belief. if we take one step backwards then it's just thought. one more step - now it's just mental perception. movements of awareness. one more step and there isn't even a difference between mental perception, visual perception, physical perception --------- one big landscape of perception. Perception. the dividing is work of the discriminating mind, but we have left that behind, didn't we? it's just one bubble of consciousness, one body of awareness. the deeper you dive in there, the less it becomes a bubble of moving colors, the more it becomes a bubble of shining, dancing lightconstellations --- until it's just... i don't know. i'm not there yet

but there is this sense of creativity

Okay, you did good.  Not saying I agree with your expression of it but that doesn't matter.

But I don't consider the acknowledging of physical reality a belief.  For me it is an acceptance of "what is".

However, how we perceive this physical reality is dependent on our mental interpretation of it.  Duality plays an important role here.

Sure, creativity is an aspect of the subjective mind.  Always has been.  The amount varies between individuals though.

3 hours ago, Wuschel said:

it was my general impression of marbleheads perspective. that whole buddhism vs taoism, emptiness vs fullness debate

that's what i responded to with this post - to express my point of view that they are 2 ways of looking at the same thing. :)

Exactly.  But I must always look at things from my perspective in real life.  In discussions I can look at things from another's perspective.  So yes, it is still "vs".

On 6/23/2018 at 7:44 PM, Phoenix3 said:

So what else is there to do? I notice that a lot of neidan texts seem to refer to the spine and the wei lu, yu zhen and jia ji gates, so perhaps after achieving emptiness, one has to develop their kundalini energy?

I don't quite understand the logic of asking about something that one has not yet achieved.

The question it self an indicator of level.  Seems like reaching a true level the perspective from that level would be quite different negating the question itself

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, windwalker said:

The question it self an indicator of level.  Seems like reaching a true level the perspective from that level would be quite different negating the question itself.

Hi windwalker,

The question appears at the start of the thread.

Maybe an answer is found along the way.

- LimA

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

Hi windwalker,

The question appears at the start of the thread.

Maybe an answer is found along the way.

- LimA

Or maybe there is no answer?

12 hours ago, Marblehead said:

In discussions I can look at things from another's perspective. 

Hi Dada-da,

Very good.

I was reacting to this from Wuschel before his edit:

16 hours ago, Wuschel said:

that was my general impression of his perspective. that whole buddhism vs taoism thing

- LimA

• Like 1