ALA

Taoist Yoga - a new course from Bruce Frantzis

Hello,

Bruce Frantzis has just released a new course: http://taoistyoga.org and I was wondering what you guys think about it. I am a total beginner.

He also throws in a bunch of interesting bonuses. Are they any good?

The sale price is till the end of this weekend, I believe.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Your breath slows down.

You slow your breath down.

2 very different statements. BFK puts so much emphasis on the benefits of a ‘slow breath’, he implies the second.

You could just follow a simple seated meditation practice where you just follow your breath for 3 months at zero cost.

Or, if you would like to have some extra motivation, can afford the price and would like to learn a bit more, go with it and see what happens.

• Like 2

Thank you. Ok, it is not worth it but Frantz is good otherwise/in general, isn’t he? I do not see much negative stuff about him on this forum. If anything, many people seem to quote him.

Sorry, but I am confused LOL. Do you imply that Bruce is a joke? Maybe he is just having fun in this video?

Looks like pure fun to me.

I only stated that it was him in the video.

I don't know if he "looks good" or not in it - it wasn't my question.

But there he is, however he looks.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ALA said:

Sorry, but I am confused LOL. Do you imply that Bruce is a joke? Maybe he is just having fun in this video?

The video shows that he has excellent development in the internal arts, actually it shows better in the dancing than the tai chi.  When I go to do ecstatic dancing I naturally employ the internal arts way of moving, much to the delight of the spectators. :ph34r:

Bruce is very knowledgeable about a lot of aspects of the internal arts.  I don't know a lot about him but his focus seems to be more on downward, grounding, and relaxation, which are things that appeal more (he needs <_<) to him.  He seems to put out different courses based on a limited number of methods, which is geared more for the modern mind :D  So I can't speak for the efficacy or the depth of what he is offering.  However, if the depth is shallow then it's probably geared more for the masses :D  and you, ALA, may be one of them (masses).

Personally I think if a person wants relaxation they should take prozac.  The chi kung I like is more upward focussed and is very exciting and energizing, which doesn't go so well for the modern mind living in the big stressful city  :rolleyes:

Edited by Starjumper

Starjumper, Good explanation of Bruce’s teachings. Now I understand what he is all about and I do not think that I am into what he is teaching (relaxation). I am “hard core” :D and I think/hope that I am not the ‘masses”:) But I do have a lot to learn and to figure out.

I should have mentioned that the downward focus does seem to be better for healing, has it's focus on healing, as well as the aforementioned grounding and relaxation.  In my opinion chi kung should focus downward in the beginning, how much depending on how much sick energy a person has to get rid of, then it should go on to cultivate chi power, which does not have the downward focus.  If the focus is downwards after healing then it just gets rid of (wastes) good energy.  Best wishes to you in your search for something more hard core.

Edited by Starjumper