Starjumper

Silly hats of religion

Image result for tawadros hilarion

Pope Tawadros (Coptic Orthodox) on the left wearing an 'emma; Patriarch Kirill (Russian Orthodox) wearing the koukoulion.

The 'emma always made me think a very comfy millipede had fallen asleep on someone's head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, idiot_stimpy said:

Shriners-Fez-Knoxville_edited-1.jpg

Aha !   I know that symbol , some type of 'Shriner hat' ... the sword should not actually be buried in the Master's  head   :D

should be over it

- an interesting aside - these type of groups are off shoots of offshoots of groups that actually do have a 'psuedo Moslem radical' origin / myth .  ( It goes back to when covert occult groups of some branches of 'spurious' Freemasonry / 'covert operatives'  started groups like 'Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor and similar in the middle east , mostly Egypt ,  wanting to support 'Young Turks'  Arab rebellious movement , during the political power vacuum  after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire .   Inadvertently starting a process that gave birth to Al-Qaeda  and other groups .   

Up until a few decades ago tey had fun in their secret meetings pledging alliance to   all sorts of make believe  or mythological   Arabic or islamic characters   in ceremony and dress ups .

Ooooo ... that might not go down so well nowadays   ? 

qdFCf9HJhEHEb_MVmEvOix9p8FpMRSYlwCqlnNOJ

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

In my experience, far more impacting and silly than what religion puts on its head...

is what it fosters in illusory assumptions inside of it.

• Like 2