Aletheia

Plato's Eugenics/Western Metaphysics/the birth of SCIENCE

Plato is the most evil person in the history of the world. Most likely he played a part with the death of Socrates too.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Oh ?   Really  ?

image.png.70927100bb7701f0fb8a845d397e7bb6.png

Damn !   I thought I had that one 'in the bag' .

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-worst-crimes-committed-by-idi-amin/lyra-radford

Idi Amin was  Platonic Big Lie servant:

Paper Cites C.I.A. Aid To Amin's Army in 70's - The New York Times

Dec 17, 1986 - Paper Cites C.I.A. Aid To Amin's Army in 70's ... United States, delivered bombs and other military equipment to Idi Amin and took part in military ...
Jan 6, 1980 - "I wrote a book [unpublished] about Idi Amin," says Mullen, "that is in ... for state government and happily went back to his orchard business, ...

Mar 22, 2012 - Some of the victims of the Idi Amin regime recovered by local ... part of the book, Dirty Work 2—The CIA in Africa, and republished in ... welcomed Amin's coup and immediately supported the new régime, .... But even the US government considered the British recognition of Amin as showing unseemly haste.

Quite frankly I remain unconvinced by Plato's cave meditation, clearly he had deviated from the royal path.

Human perfection and technical perfection are incompatible. If we strive for one, we must sacrifice the other: there is, in any case, a parting of the ways. Whoever realises this will do cleaner work one way or the other.

Ernst Jünger

Cultural realities in civilisations are creations formulated from extensions of the body whose purpose is to lull people into narcissistic states of forgetfulness. That is where they receive their characteristics, from the body. Western metaphysics extends the eye in various guises, each with their own occulted reality architectonic  -- papyrus, codices, print press -- post-metaphysics, Nietzsche's death of god, extends the central nervous system -- telegram, radio, tv etc --

We shape our tools and thereafter our tools sh(ape) us

With TV technology had perfected itself as hyperextensions -- then with digital technology machines come "alive" as self-stimulating cybernetic artificial intelligences! The singularity ALREADY HAPPENED AS TECHNO-REVELATION. Your consciousness has already been uploaded into alien cyber-systems.

So it turns out that the best way to truth in western culture is through its artforms, not science, but only as a way to understanding culturescapes. It's not the real way, only mimetic simulations and simulacrum!

Satellites are heavenly bodies aping immortality as parody realised by Jackson Pollock's space stations!

Blade Runner 2049 is a report on the current state of culture which I do not take seriously on account of my having no need for culture forms because I'm back in my own body becoming immortal!

Edited by Aletheia

What I relate is the history of the next two centuries. I describe what is coming, what can no longer come differently: the advent of nihilism. This history can be related even now; for necessity itself is at work here. This future speaks even now in a hundred signs, this destiny announces itself everywhere; for this music of the future all ears are cocked even now. For some time now, our whole European culture has been moving as toward a catastrophe, with a tortured tension that is growing from decade to decade: restlessly, violently, headlong, like a river that wants to reach the end, that no longer reflects, that is afraid to reflect.

http://nietzsche.holtof.com/Nietzsche_the_will_to_power/the_will_to_power_book_I.htm

Light bulb is pure information, it has no content and is therefore a messenger of doom.

oswald-spengler-quote-lby3e0f.jpg

Edited by Aletheia

My dad was asking why I'm always prophesying the apocalypse and I said, well that's not really what I personally believe, that's just culture!

Edited by Aletheia

22 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

My dad was asking why I'm always prophesying the apocalypse and I said, well that's not really what I personally believe, that's just culture!

And that's because of Plato right?

10 minutes ago, phil said:

And that's because of Plato right?

According to the video in the previous comment to yours, yes!

That's where the error became embedded within the tradition as the timeless simple forms. The forms overcode and yoke over authentic spiritual intelligence.

Edited by Aletheia

The way the error was unwound was through conscious materalism. Plato's rationalism had to be jettisoned and with it went ideas of soul and immortal freedom. That was achieved through empiricism. Kant tried to resurrect the subtle realms with his transcendental Idealism, but he confessed to not having any knowledge of such things. It's in the video I posted.

Your quote by Oswald Spengler is probably from the early 1900's.  He died in 1936, while things got pretty bad during his lifetime and ofcourse after, he didn't have the vision to foresee that things get better too.  He wrote a book about the Decline of the West but didn't realize it'd have a powerful rebirth too. 

If he lived today, would he be amazed and happy at how wrong he was?   Or simply put his focus on the next coming apocalypse.  Cause that was his thing. 

There is bravery in optimism, its easy to fall into depression and forget time and culture often moves in pendulum fashion, swinging to extremes and coming back to center before swinging the opposite way.  We forget as trends build opposing forces mass against them.  It's short sighted to draw long term conclusions without considering that factors reverse themselves.

You have one life.  Probably not an immortal one.  Philosophy is great, but sometimes we get head heavy, and it robs us of living our lives well.  There's a time to shuck philosophy aside, put away books & lofty ideas and focus on finding peace, simplicity and happiness.  While that itself is a philosophy, it means get out of your head, and its multitude of rationalizations and focus on skillful means to live happily and healthily. 

Edited by thelerner

52 minutes ago, thelerner said:

If he lived today, would he be amazed and happy at how wrong he was?

In this new and revised edition of Oswald Spengler's classic, Man and Technics, Spengler makes a number of predictions that today, more than eighty years after the book was first published, have turned out to be remarkably accurate. Spengler predicted that industrialisation would lead to serious environmental problems and that countless species would become extinct. He also predicted that labour from Third World countries would increasingly outcompete Western workers by doing the same work for much lower wages, and that industrial production would therefore move to other parts of the world, such as East Asia, India, and South America. According to Spengler, technology has not only made it possible for man to harness the forces of nature; it has also alienated him from nature. Modern technology now dominates our culture instead of that which is natural and organic. After having made himself the master of nature, man has himself become technology's slave. 'The victor, crashed, is dragged to death by the team', Spengler summarises. Finally, Spengler foresaw that Western man would eventually grow weary of his increasingly artificial lifestyle and begin to hate the civilisation he himself created...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Technics-Contribution-Philosophy-Life/dp/1910524174

There is no way out of this conundrum as the unrelenting progress of technological development cannot be halted. The current high-tech culture of the West is therefore doomed, destined to be consumed from within and destroyed. A time will come, Spengler writes, when our giant cities and skyscrapers have fallen in ruins and lie forgotten 'just like the palaces of old Memphis and Babylon'. It remains to be seen if this last, and most dire, of Spengler's prophecies will also come true.

I think the guy who made that video might be Russian or something. Still the images and music set the general tone.

<deleted>

or to sum it up.  I applaud those who strive to create and live in there ideal environment. Be it homestead, cave or city dweller.  Seems better to put ones energy into that then be too much a prophet of doom.

Edited by thelerner

Another edit. I'm really not interested with talking to people on the internet. I find it wastes my time and energy.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

There should be a way to delete comments. Anyway this is my edit.

Edited by Aletheia

On 15/06/2018 at 12:22 PM, voidisyinyang said:

Idi Amin was  Platonic Big Lie servant:

Platonic Big Lie servant

:lol:

On 15/06/2018 at 12:22 PM, voidisyinyang said:

Paper Cites C.I.A. Aid To Amin's Army in 70's - The New York Times

Dec 17, 1986 - Paper Cites C.I.A. Aid To Amin's Army in 70's ... United States, delivered bombs and other military equipment to Idi Amin and took part in military ...
Jan 6, 1980 - "I wrote a book [unpublished] about Idi Amin," says Mullen, "that is in ... for state government and happily went back to his orchard business, ...

Mar 22, 2012 - Some of the victims of the Idi Amin regime recovered by local ... part of the book, Dirty Work 2—The CIA in Africa, and republished in ... welcomed Amin's coup and immediately supported the new régime, .... But even the US government considered the British recognition of Amin as showing unseemly haste.

It all started when Amin won an army boxing competition and several British officers won a lot of money on him.

It was sorta like a horror story version of   'The First Lord's Song' from the Pirates of penzance

When I was a lad I served a term
As a violent   private in a  British firm;
I cleaned the windows and I kept my watch,
And I smashed the favourite in a boxing match
I punched up that guy so successfullee,
That they made me a sergeant in the Queens Armieee

On 15/06/2018 at 9:28 PM, Aletheia said:

Quite frankly I remain unconvinced by Plato's cave meditation, clearly he had deviated from the royal path.

Human perfection and technical perfection are incompatible. If we strive for one, we must sacrifice the other: there is, in any case, a parting of the ways. Whoever realises this will do cleaner work one way or the other.

Ernst Jünger

Cultural realities in civilisations are creations formulated from extensions of the body whose purpose is to lull people into narcissistic states of forgetfulness. That is where they receive their characteristics, from the body. Western metaphysics extends the eye in various guises, each with their own occulted reality architectonic  -- papyrus, codices, print press -- post-metaphysics, Nietzsche's death of god, extends the central nervous system -- telegram, radio, tv etc --

We shape our tools and thereafter our tools sh(ape) us

With TV technology had perfected itself as hyperextensions -- then with digital technology machines come "alive" as self-stimulating cybernetic artificial intelligences! The singularity ALREADY HAPPENED AS TECHNO-REVELATION. Your consciousness has already been uploaded into alien cyber-systems.

Blade Runner 2049 is a report on the current state of culture which I do not take seriously on account of my having no need for culture forms because I'm back in my own body becoming immortal!

" whose purpose is to lull people into narcissistic states of forgetfulness. "

+

"on account of my having no need for culture forms because I'm back in my own body becoming immortal! "

:rolleyes:

Good luck with that   .

On 16/06/2018 at 5:50 AM, Aletheia said:

Another edit. I'm really not interested with talking to people on the internet. I find it wastes my time and energy.

start a blog then and just dictate your ideas to others , block it to comments .

There ya go !