Sign in to follow this  
Wells

Transgender Freshman Sprinter, Born a Male, wins Girls Championships

vestigial hormonal/physiological physical advantage

I am pretty sure that having in general longer arms, longer legs, a different form of attachment of the muscles in the shoulders, and things like that are not very "vestigial." Fwiw.

RC

• Like 1

I don't believe the tabula rasa concept at all.

Raising a child from birth solved much of that for me... observing humanity most the rest.... raising tons of animals over time helped... then reading on twin studies sealed it. If anything, I think a rather huge -- way more huge than we realize -- percentage of our preferences and personalities are genetically defined.

What IS culturally defined is that we hate-hate-hate the idea that anything is genetically defined. Partly because we think it interferes with free will. But partly because psychos killing people in the name of genetic claims (still going on in parts of the world btw) has given the entire topic the cooties, to a degree that used to require the Vatican's involvement.

{Besides, if culture was all there was, we wouldn't have gays, and they wouldn't claim they were born that way. This is not my argument for why tabula rasa is not legit, it's just another observation.}

RC

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 1:38 AM, ion said:

Like the Dr said. No one is born with thoughts or emotions hardwired in the brain.

really,  its not  hardwired.  

New technologies have generated a growing pile of evidence that there are inherent differences in how men’s and women’s brains are wired and how they work. https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html

studies and studies and more studies

The neuroscience literature shows that the human brain is a sex-typed organ with distinct anatomical differences in neural structures and accompanying physiological differences in function, says UC-Irvine professor of neurobiology and behavior Larry Cahill, PhD. Cahill edited the 70-article January/February 2017 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience Research — the first-

ever issue of any neuroscience journal devoted entirely to the influence of sex differences on nervous-system function.

Brain-imaging studies indicate that these differences extend well beyond the strictly reproductive domain, Cahill says. Adjusted for total brain size (men’s are bigger),

a woman’s hippo­campus, critical to learning and memorization, is larger than a man’s and works differently.

Conversely, a man’s amygdala, associated with the experiencing of emotions and the recollection of such experiences, is bigger than a woman’s. It, too, works differently, as Cahill’s research has demonstrated.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2018 at 2:38 AM, ion said:

the same way you learn language you Also learned how to be a boy whether you at a a male or female.

Except that 

Many of these cognitive differences appear quite early in life. ‘You see sex differences in spatial-visualization ability in 2- and 3-month-old infants.’  https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring/how-mens-and-womens-brains-are-different.html

Its not....

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

I would not entertain the insanity and disgrace of this society.

I would not allow it into my mind or my body.

Neither can you judge young people unfortunate enough to be born here and now.
Their whole lives are being perverted.
The message is clear and the response must be clear.
Let these things encourage you quickly on the path.
So that you may become of benefit to yourself and to others.

It is a sign of the worldwide misery and depression
that these things carry on without anyone saying no.

This culture is like a black goo
If you fight with it, you will only get covered in shit
And then it will take you down
And you will lose your own soul

We all hunger for contact with others
But the news is ... never coming back, it's gone

There are many healthy people out there,
On youtube and other places
Make them your companions
And listen to them every day instead.

A child born into Western culture
Is taught sodomy in school
That there is no gender
And then inflicted by the extreme-stimulus of the media
Violence and sexuality
In the end that child becomes a soulless stimulus-response machine
With no possibility to live normally

Living in a culture of fear, 
With plastic "Have-a-nice-day" smiles
And Goldman Sachs rigging the economy

They are only people after all

And the greatest devils are working to destroy them

Who can we be angry at ?

Jesus wept.

You know what young liberals want ?

Mercy.

Edited by rideforever

10 hours ago, windwalker said:

Except that 

Its not....

well obviously in humans it is otherwise you wouldn't have peoplel with male anatomy and a male brain thinking they are women.

With humans mind, and brain are two distinctly different phenomenon.

Culture and mind are not distinctly different phenomenon in humans.

This as an article on research, not a series of study's that prove anything

The problem with comparing monkey behavior to humans is that we humans only have one instinct, that is to assimilate the ways and beliefs of the culture they live in without question.

Again THE EXACT SAME WAY WE LEARN LANGUAGE WITHOUT BEING TAUGHT, BEFORE WERE ABLE TO BE TAUGHT ANYTHING.

monkeys aren't like that. the ARE born with instincts hardwired into the brain

Although some other primates do learn how to use tools from the older generation, like how to bash a nut open with a rock, none of them can really be called cultural beings where as a human is almost 100 percent culture.

This whole competition thing seems so wrong.  I also heard of it happening in MMA, a person born a man was fighting in the women's league... and the women said it was like getting hit by a hammer.

You don't decide your gender is different just as you don't decide your strength is different.  Biology should rule this although I know there are some exceptions like everything in life. 

5 minutes ago, dawei said:

… although I know there are some exceptions like everything in life. 

I know of no exceptions regarding this subject.

Those people should stop being assholes and the assholes who are allowing it should stop being assholes.

I know, I used the same word three times in one sentence.  But at lest I didn't pretend I was a woman.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

I know of no exceptions regarding this subject.

Those people should stop being assholes and the assholes who are allowing it should stop being assholes.

I know, I used the same word three times in one sentence.  But at lest I didn't pretend I was a woman.

I mean there are some people born with both reproductive organs, yes... and so I don't have an opinion yet on that. 

4 minutes ago, dawei said:

I mean there are some people born with both reproductive organs, yes... and so I don't have an opinion yet on that. 

That's okay.  You can have your opinion as soon as you find one.  I doubt mine will change.

Edit to add:

If you were born with  a whole you are a female; if you were born with a shaft you are a male.

But then, I am a Physicalist so I see things in their basic form.

Edited by Marblehead

9 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

This trend has only one effect: It ruins women's sports. If this is allowed to continue soon there will be very few women in sports. I hope the 'feminists' are proud of themselves for this regression in sportsmanship.

• Like 4

"

I say if you had a dick at one point in time, you also have all the bone structure that comes with having a dick. You have bigger hands, you have bigger shoulder joints. You're a f***ing man. That's a man, OK? You can't have... that's... I don't care if you don't have a dick any more.."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1573044-ufc-joe-rogan-to-transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-youre-a-man

Yep,

they will have to make their own sporting events.

At that point since they will be competing against what are essentially men it won't be much of an issue. 

It's called gender dysphoria.   Which some are trying to normalize  in society.  I find it odd that we can have transgender and be accepted for the most part but not transracial which is rejected by the group's it affects.

Thank you mr. Obama tried to do it through the military.  Even to the point of allowing them to have the operation.

Shows what happens when ideology trumps reasoning and reality.  

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

Is black or white a choice, can one feel either one and make the changes to be so, will it be accepted. 

Let's see.

"For years, Rachel Dolezal led a secret life in the Pacific Northwest. Her friends believed she was a black woman with a passion for African-American issues. Others saw her as a vocal civil rights leader who later became the local N.A.A.C.P. president in Spokane, Wash"

Imagine,

if she would have been a white man transitioning to a black woman.

Would they acknowledge her as being a woman but still white ?

Edited by windwalker

Or what if a philosophical Taoist wanted to be called a Taoist immortal? Why not?

But seriously, it's one thing how you want to be treated on your own time in your own private life. It's something else when your choices deleteriously affect others. For example, you feel you are a women in a man's body and want to transition? God bless you. I hope you find happiness. But if you want to use your male physique to gain advantage in women's sports? Well, that's just bunk! What about all the biological women in sport? No one seems to care about them. It becomes a race to placate the very small exception at the expense of literally everyone else. That may sound good at first pass, but it quickly becomes absurd.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Or what if a philosophical Taoist wanted to be called a Taoist immortal? Why not?

There are no philosophical Taoist. One either is or is not. If one is it Taoist they know that they are immortal already.

If one is not a Taoist, they won't understand what this means. No use explaining it.

Edited by windwalker

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

There are no philosophical Taoist. One either is or is not. If one is it Taoist they know that they are immortal already.

If one is not a Taoist, they won't understand what this means. No use explaining it.

Um.... perhaps I should have used a smiley face...? ;)

Here's a smiley face for you:  :)

Well, the Democrats have made history.  The first transgender (man to woman) elected to run in the primaries for Governor in Vermont.

Three cheers for the mixed up Democrats.  Raw!  Raw! Raw!

We need to be clear on this issue. Gender dysphoria, regardless of one's personal opinions, is a real thing. There are people who legitimately feel they were born into the wrong sex. Fortunately our modern societies are open enough to plainly address this and possess sufficient technology to allow a person with gender dysphoria the opportunity to transition to and thus pass as, more or less, the opposite sex. I fully support this and will give a transitioning person the courtesy of using their chosen gender identity when addressing them if they give me the courtesy of acknowledging that such transactions can be awkward, and that awkwardness is not automatically synonymous with homophobia or sexism. (I absolutely do not support writing laws that mandate a person's chosen identity pronouns be honored, but that is a different topic).

This said, I am against a transitioning person engaging in behaviors that are harmful to others, including using their born biology to give them an advantage over others in sports. I see this as fundamentally no different than doping in sports. Now transgenders are entering into politics. That is to be expected. I hope that the candidate promotes her ideas to win and does not parade herself as "the first transgender in office" or some such. One's ability to lead is dependent upon one being a rational thinker with a clear vision and the courage to see it through. A politician's reproductive organs are irrelevant, or at least should be.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

This trend has only one effect: It ruins women's sports. If this is allowed to continue soon there will be very few women in sports. I hope the 'feminists' are proud of themselves for this regression in sportsmanship.

I'm curious about this being defined as a feminist thing. 

I heard recently the newest gender studies recommend using 50 different genders to classify human beings. I don't get it, call me old fashioned or so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, idquest said:

I heard recently the newest gender studies recommend using 50 different genders to classify human beings. I don't get it, call me old fashioned or so...

People seem to really like labels, while still understanding they don't quite work, so instead of going 'meh - who cares?' they try to come up with more labels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

We need to be clear on this issue.

You are a little more open-minded than I am regarding this.

Sign in to follow this