KenBrace

Kundalini vs Microcosmic Orbit

Does anyone here know what the difference is between Kundalini and MCO? 

They both send energy up the spine. I've been working to store chi in the lower dan tien but during the day I have ecstatic surges of energy rush up my spine, straight to the crown. These rushes happen when deep feelings of connection and purpose occur. For example, the other day I was at a court hearing and saw this young guy get sentenced to 40 years in prison. I was then overwhelmed by a feeling that people in society need inspiration. Every time a thought would hit me about how to do that, why it should be done, how to inspire people, etc. I would immediately get that ecstatic rush. If I think about doing something I'm genuinely passionate about or sometime that is meaningful to me at a deep level, those same rushes will hit me. Imagine if something amazing happened at a stadium and suddenly the whole crowd jumped up and roared in applause. Or imagine countless numbers of people roaring before a battle. That is sort of what it feels like.

The only thing that worries me is that since my goal is to store energy in naval chakra, I want to avoid "spending" it so to speak. So if the energy is leaving the dan tien and creating a rush, then I would prefer to avoid that. However, if it's kundalini or something else that has no affect on energy storage in the lower dan tien, then I'm all in.

Any thoughts?

I know little about both, but more details on your practice might help others to help you ...

What do you actually do in order to store chi?

How much time a day do you spend doing it?

How long in weeks/months/years have you been doing it?

If your only practice was to store chi in your LDT by putting your awareness there, then I would not have thought you'd get these sensations, so there might be other things you are doing that are prompting them. What might these other things be?

3 hours ago, KenBrace said:

So if the energy is leaving the dan tien and creating a rush, then I would prefer to avoid that. However, if it's kundalini or something else that has no affect on energy storage in the lower dan tien, then I'm all in.

nothing is leaving, nothing is affected, your energy is safe)

• Thanks 1

That truth is one of life essences..

Just reading about your post sends shivers up my spine..

This is very tactful and tactual.. tacitly explaining what is the meaning of life..?

You have to understand that your thoughts are grand, they are very large.. and have a tremendous effect on your chi, and energy storage..

You should embrace these glorious feelings.. just like the Emperors of Rome did.

11 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The only information I saw was in Healing Tao where they said the Kundalini rises up the spine whereas the MCO circulates up the spine and down the front channel and loops, and possibly can go the other direction as well. Someone who practices HT can chime in as I am no longer using this system.

One thing I've noticed is that it starts at the base of the spine. Sometimes this area will get really hot when a lot of surges are happening in a row. It feels like a cool electricity shooting up the spine and hitting certain points in my back where knots up a little. It reaches various different levels during different occasions. Sometimes it goes all the way to the crown and my whole body feels supercharged and ecstatic. This started happening after several ego death experiences on LSD. I've read that kundalini can awaken this way and the symptoms seem strikingly similar to what I've read about it. I'm hoping this is the case and I'm not circulating dan tien energy up the spine/through MCO.

9 hours ago, Miffymog said:

What do you actually do in order to store chi?

How much time a day do you spend doing it?

How long in weeks/months/years have you been doing it?

To store the chi, I put my awareness at the naval while breathing slowly. This is also done in a meditative state so that I'm able to maintain laser focus. At first I couldn't feel much and just hoped chi was being stored there but I now feel a "knot" in the area that intensifies during an inhale. It tends to heat up during intense, prolonged focus as well.

I am unable to train within 72 hours of an orgasm so that makes my "per day" average a little inconsistent. Sometimes I do multiple hours per day and other times I go a week without training at all (fucking wet dreams! :angry::lol:). I've been training as much as possible since the beginning of this year though and recently hit 70 logged hours.

8 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

nothing is leaving, nothing is affected, your energy is safe)

I really hope so. Do you think there is a chance it is leaving the navel and circulating to other areas? Something is definitely surging up my spine. I haven't really noticed much decrease in the energy I do have so I think it's probably ok. I do know that Microcosmic Orbit and LDT training are not compatible since you don't want the stored energy to leave the dan tien and enter an orbit. I honestly have no clue how kundalini enters the picture though. Is it simply an energy form that uses your chi in a certain way? Or perhaps it's something else entirely that does not affect chi storage at all? Pretty much in the dark...

Edited by KenBrace

52 minutes ago, KenBrace said:

Do you think there is a chance it is leaving the navel and circulating to other areas?

it does. and then it comes back on its own so no harm no foul.

53 minutes ago, KenBrace said:

honestly have no clue how kundalini enters the picture though

it does not. Big K is just sharp unsafe rush of energy to the head, which is not your case

56 minutes ago, KenBrace said:

To store the chi, I put my awareness at the naval

pls take care not to overdo it

21 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

it does. and then it comes back on its own so no harm no foul.

How does the energy know to return to the naval instead of some other dan tien or chakra?

28 minutes ago, KenBrace said:

How does the energy know to return to the naval

energy is like a yo-yo toy , it has no choice but to return to its root

• Thanks 1

Kundalini literally means "fire in a hole in the ground" or Fire into the Earth to turn Water into Air - alchemy.

So the Shen is to then guide the qi into the lower tan tien. But you use Quick Fire breathing to do this.

For celibacy you have to do standing active meditation - horse stance - until the legs are shaking 7 to 9 times per second - and you clear out the colon before sleep. And then do some more just to be safe.

"moving of yin and yang" is good for this.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, Taoist Texts said:

energy is like a yo-yo toy , it has no choice but to return to its root

I certainly hope this is the case. The other day I was paying very close attention while it was shooting up my spine and it did feel very much like a yo-yo.

Do you have any sources with more info/details?

Edited by KenBrace

John Blofeld goes into this very thing in some detail and with some very practical drawings of the channels involved in his book: The Secret and Sublime, I recommend it. 

Edited by silent thunder

On 6/10/2018 at 11:55 AM, KenBrace said:

I do know that Microcosmic Orbit and LDT training are not compatible since you don't want the stored energy to leave the dan tien and enter an orbit.

Kundalini means fire into the Earth to turn water into air (qi or prana as nada).

Check out Santi Shi - while standing - with the knees bent - and hands - you visualize the energy in the opposite channels. So left hand is right foot and right hand is left foot. Then as you stand there - the energy will circulate on its own - as the Macrocosmic Orbit. The first level of alchemy training is to open up the Yin channels from the centers of the feet up to the Ocean of Yin Qi - the prostate area. Only after you restore the yin qi through standing meditation - then is the Yuan Qi activated as the "real" small universe meditation or kundalini. So the standing as grounding - this forces the energy back down into the lower tan t'ien. Obviously your stomach muscles will get sore from this exercise - but that is the first level to develop the lower tan t'ien. The diaphragm muscle is the 2nd largest muscle in the body after your Glutes. So standing with knees bent works both those muscles - and then the visualization is the "fire" that sinks into your Earth - the bones as the sacrum - the base of the spine.

So then - if you study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" - there are different levels of the Small Heavenly Circuit meditation - there is the level with Quick Fire breathing - to maintain celibacy. If you are not using Quick Fire breathing and just using the mind to move the energy - then obviously the qi is not going to build up. Then there is the level of purification of the energy. So normally from food - it is just lost as physical energy outside the body. So with quick fire you get the "water" above the fire - to cleanse the water. With the Shen as meditation - this is the Fire into the Earth - which purifies the water.

STAY AWAY from dumb practices like this and learn proper energetics from an experienced IMA teacher with a Chinese Medicine qualifications, if possible.

Note: My life goal is now to advocate a spiritual practice devoid from all the superstition and fairy tales that coats Taoism and Buddhism. It has lasted for too long, unfortunately but it has to go. Buried and forgotten forever! :)

What you have described has nothing to do with Kundalini - it is more related to aspects of the sphincter pumping a constriction up the sheath over the spine. I can be habit forming and addictive but not much else - it feels quite electric and a bit like a large shiver but constricted to up the spine. You can get high on it and have various illusions about it but it is an internal manipulation that can appear as out of your control.

Generally this will subside as you establish much greater energies.

Kundalini is far more subtle or far more intense.

If you are "trying to contain" your Qi In your lower dan tien - either get a new teacher or find a teacher - or slap yourself and douse your face with cold water. 😎🙏🏻

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1