Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

difference between lin, chia, other tantrics?

What is the difference between all these tantric practices? I think what it comes down to is what you do/think about as you are about to/are having an orgasm.

So, what do you think about then? What do you do in this holiest of holy times? Nothing? Surely if you are a man, you retain your seed! Chia explains how, along with many other teachers... but what does it all boil down to?

beyond that, or within it, I recently learned about the hindu ideas of the yama and niyama. I learned about how virtue is such a major part of the hindu/yoga/tantra. I also learned about the 3 supreme deities and how they relate to Generation, Operation and Destruction.

And of course, how speech and how potenial moral actions help or hinder the G-O-D trinity.

What are your thoughts on this and hinduism?

In what other traditions is there tantra? Hindu, taost/esoteric buddhist....very esoteric/potentialy dangerous stuff, this semen retention? Perhaps it is not dangerous if you know how to ground the energy--you will make it.

Interesting how Ron mentions Lucid Dreaming is a key. Ron, how much success have you had with this? What are your dreams like? Heaven? I doubt it. We all have lucid dreams we just dont remember it, no? or we are less lucid than we would like to be? this is crazy to think about, no? the energy body is the key to lucid dreaming? no? what do you use as a dream-cue? your hands? how about hands touching face?(that activates sooooo many nerves right? so maybe thats a good way?) Or how about a color like purple? My friend uses a window or door as a dream cue.

beyond that, or within it, I recently learned about the hindu ideas of the yama and niyama. I learned about how virtue is such a major part of the hindu/yoga/tantra. I also learned about the 3 supreme deities and how they relate to Generation, Operation and Destruction.

And of course, how speech and how potenial moral actions help or hinder the G-O-D trinity.

What are your thoughts on this and hinduism?

In what other traditions is there tantra? Hindu, taost/esoteric buddhist....very esoteric/potentialy dangerous stuff, this semen retention? Perhaps it is not dangerous if you know how to ground the energy--you will make it.

Interesting how Ron mentions Lucid Dreaming is a key. Ron, how much success have you had with this? What are your dreams like? Heaven? I doubt it. We all have lucid dreams we just dont remember it, no? or we are less lucid than we would like to be? this is crazy to think about, no? the energy body is the key to lucid dreaming? no? what do you use as a dream-cue? your hands? how about hands touching face?(that activates sooooo many nerves right? so maybe thats a good way?) Or how about a color like purple? My friend uses a window or door as a dream cue.

3198[/snapback]

DA POINT BE NOT JUST TO REMMEMBER DA DREAM, DA POINT BE TO *CONTROL YER ACTIONS* IN DA DREAM. LUCID DREAMMIN BE JUST DA PRE-CUM-DITION, BUT DA BRAKE-TRHU OCUR WHEN YA CAN MAKE DICCISIONS N IMPLEMMENT EM IN YER DREAMS, EVVENTUALY YA CAN SIT N PRACTICE DA CIRCULLATION O DA LIGHT WHILE DREAMIN N THAT BE DREAM YOGA. BUT TO ACCHIEVE THAT YA GOTTA GO LIKE YER VERRY HEAD BE IN FLAMES. THAT MEAN, YA GOTTA MAKE A METTER O LIFE N DEATH OUTTA IT.

BYE NOW

RJ

I haven't had a lot of experience with tantra at all, other than just trying to focus massive amounts of sexual energy and letting it cycle through my entire body instead of just staying in the lower chakras. But I'm really intrigued by non-Buddhist and non-Hindu tantric practices, because in my *extremely limited* experience with tantra, it's actually quite difficult physically, it's quite exhausting, and in my experience and people I've talked to about it, you actually start to get a little grossed out by the actual physical act of sex, sex and food starts to become dirty, everything seems so mundane because you are in this higher physical plane, and your concentration is in your inner body, watching your own winds, etc. It seemed unbalanced to me, but the argument that I've heard is that we're so often MORE focused on our lower chakras so the focus on the higher ones brings some kind of balance in a theoretical way.

I'm really curious about how the whole lucid dreaming thing applies to women if anybody knows. I've been working on strengthening my control over my dreaming body (aka aura) and trying to move it up and down and around...it's kind of difficult and is sort of wavering a bit and hard for me to do it consistently. But what I'll feel is TONS of chi, and it feels like I've slept for hours even if I just do it for a short period of time...but sometimes I do fall asleep when I do it, and then I'll have like five million dreams--I mean one time I had seven dreams, and they were like dreams within dreams, like I'd have a dream and then try to write it down in another dream and realize I'm still in a dream. It was pretty bizarre. But the content of them (except for the one where I was flying with my basket picking oak trees off of the top of the tree) was fairly mundane.

I haven't had a lot of experience with tantra at all, other than just trying to focus massive amounts of sexual energy and letting it cycle through my entire body instead of just staying in the lower chakras. But I'm really intrigued by non-Buddhist and non-Hindu tantric practices, because in my *extremely limited* experience with tantra, it's actually quite difficult physically, it's quite exhausting, and in my experience and people I've talked to about it, you actually start to get a little grossed out by the actual physical act of sex, sex and food starts to become dirty, everything seems so mundane because you are in this higher physical plane, and your concentration is in your inner body, watching your own winds, etc. It seemed unbalanced to me, but the argument that I've heard is that we're so often MORE focused on our lower chakras so the focus on the higher ones brings some kind of balance in a theoretical way.

I'm really curious about how the whole lucid dreaming thing applies to women if anybody knows. I've been working on strengthening my control over my dreaming body (aka aura) and trying to move it up and down and around...it's kind of difficult and is sort of wavering a bit and hard for me to do it consistently. But what I'll feel is TONS of chi, and it feels like I've slept for hours even if I just do it for a short period of time...but sometimes I do fall asleep when I do it, and then I'll have like five million dreams--I mean one time I had seven dreams, and they were like dreams within dreams, like I'd have a dream and then try to write it down in another dream and realize I'm still in a dream. It was pretty bizarre. But the content of them (except for the one where I was flying with my basket picking oak trees off of the top of the tree) was fairly mundane.

3233[/snapback]

LETS MEET FOR A GLASS O SANGIOVESI IN MINE DREAM BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SURE YA BRING YER DREAM BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW PRINCESS!!!

YER DEVOUT,

RONNIEBOY

It appears that Tantra and yoga are one, not so much tantra and dreams. Thats very ungrounded, the way I see it.

definition of tantra:

Any of a fairly recent class of Hindu or Buddhist religious literature concerned with ritual acts of body and speech and mind.

Where did tantra come from? My teacher explained that it came to India from Aryans, then to China? What are the different sects????

He said the connection between psychic and physical has been cut off for most people. Thus we are in spiritual bondage in this society.

You buying?

LETS MEET FOR A GLASS O SANGIOVESI IN MINE DREAM BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SURE YA BRING YER DREAM BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW PRINCESS!!!

YER DEVOUT,

RONNIEBOY

3247[/snapback]

You buying?

3252[/snapback]

SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT A-PLENTY O DREAM MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALY ON APPRIL 15, DAMN DA TAX-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE NOW PRINCES

RONNIEBOY

Sign in to follow this