Sign in to follow this  
MElliott

Hello!

Hey everyone,

my name is Mike, found this forum a few days ago and excited to explore. I've been practicing Tai Qi for about 2 yrs now and was recently introduced to the more Qi Gong aspects of the practice through a workshop which has been fantastic. Also practicing meditation for several years although to say I have a regular sitting practice might be a bit generous.... Other than that I enjoy cooking (lots of soup!), a bone dry sense of humor, long long walks with my two awesome dogs, and am currently struggling my way through anything by David Bohm.

Hope you're all having a great day, look forward to exploring the forums more :)

• Like 4

Hello, MElliot, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hello Mike,

Welcome! Qigong is a lot of fun, but not as much fun as a dry sense of humor. I look forward to your posts! :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MElliott said:

a bone dry sense of humor

Hi MElliott,

funny-dry-humor-quotes.jpg

A dry sense of humor (aka dry wit or deadpan) -

It describes the deliberate display of a lack of or no emotion, commonly as a form of comedic delivery to contrast with the ridiculousness of the subject matter. The delivery is meant to be blunt, ironic, laconic, or apparently unintentional.

- Wikipedia

220px-Emoji_u1f610.svg.png

A deadpan emoji

567d3dfbfce1b23a7e661e030a0f3527.jpg

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I might be able to help you with the sense of humor.

Hi Dada-da,

You sure can...

quote-people-with-a-good-sense-of-humor-

A great weekend to both.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this