Billa

Introduction and intention

Greetings everyone! My name is Bilal and I'm from Karachi, Pakistan. :)
I've been a visitor of this page for a while now but thought i'd join in. I'm a doctor by profession and intend to go into mental health/psych.

If i talk about my background, I started dabbling with eastern philosophies like Daoism, sufism, buddhism , gnostic mysticism, hinduism etc at the age of 19 when I was very confused about life and myself. From there it went onto depth psychology and shamanism etc etc. I did some breath based extensive inner child work and that's where the real energetics of this whole thing unfolded for me.  It's been a rollercoaster journey with nothing short of great learning and clarity fast forward 8 years. :)

I've recently been introduced to some qigong(Robert peng's 4 golden wheels) and have been looking for some guidance regarding what basic practices I should start from, since I realize I've been pretty much "ungrounded" for the past few years and it was affecting my life and productivity, developing a sensitivity to environments, people and hostile places(being a doctor means I consistently encounter them no matter what)

I've been relying on protective crystals to guard my energy, which helps to a certain degree but i know is not enough.

My intention with these practices is to be able to cultivate energy and stay productive(esp. in negative energetic environments). Someone suggested Zhan Zhaung/Standing tree practices to ground myself and to develop the ability to work on the small heavenly circuit/microcosmic orbit. I do feel energy in the du and ren mai channels but i'm not sure where i stand with regards to it. Would anyone please kindly point me in the right direction? :)

Regards

• Like 4

Hello, Billa, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hello Bilal,

Glad to have you here.

Psychology and spirituality are interesting bedfellows.

Grounding is surely important.  I would also mention that - like all forms of meditation - to try to "push away the bad energy" is another form of holding onto the connection of that energy.  Try to let it flow through, and remind yourself it's all just emptiness, anyway. :) 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

Hi Bilal.  Welcome.

Yes, if we are to remain in the job market we should do our best to be productive.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:39 AM, Billa said:

My intention with these practices is to be able to cultivate energy and stay productive (esp. in negative energetic environments)... Would anyone please kindly point me in the right direction?

Hi Billa,

Each one of us is on a road less traveled in life and living.

fa32f09fcedcec05dd8a7251fffed0b7.jpg

il_fullxfull.353748463.jpg

Take+the+road+less+travelled.jpg

Travel light in sunlight and rain.

- LimA

• Like 1

Welcome to the board.  I admire Robert Peng's work & Sufism.  One of my sayings is marry one practice, but be willing to flirt with others.  You intuit you need more grounding.  Probably a good to honor that.  Zhuan Zhang is good grounding practice, one that builds strength and resilience too.  

Maybe build that strength and steadiness before eventually working with energy like the MCO.  Unless you have access to good live teacher.   

• Thanks 1

My own path was to step away from the MCO and instead concentrate on Zhan Zhuang. The book I'd most recommend is 'The Way of Energy' by Lam Kam Chuen. Two points I'd make though is don't feel in any rush to get to a 20 minute stand, he says you should aim for that in about 6 weeks - I took a year. Secondly, the positve effects do take a long time, so you'll need to be patient.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thelerner said:

Welcome to the board.  I admire Robert Peng's work & Sufism.  One of my sayings is marry one practice, but be willing to flirt with others.  You intuit you need more grounding.  Probably a good to honor that.  Zhuan Zhang is good grounding practice, one that builds strength and resilience too.  

Maybe build that strength and steadiness before eventually working with energy like the MCO.  Unless you have access to good live teacher.   

I see. Thanks for the advice! :)

3 hours ago, Miffymog said:

My own path was to step away from the MCO and instead concentrate on Zhan Zhuang. The book I'd most recommend is 'The Way of Energy' by Lam Kam Chuen. Two points I'd make though is don't feel in any rush to get to a 20 minute stand, he says you should aim for that in about 6 weeks - I took a year. Secondly, the positve effects do take a long time, so you'll need to be patient.

Yeah i've come to realize how important a foundation is, and since I have no formal training or guidance per se, over here, so it's been mostly experimentation.

I'm around 4 weeks with it, doing it for 10 mins or so. Appreciate you pointing out the 'patience' bit, i'll be persistent with it.  :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Miffymog said:

My own path was to step away from the MCO and instead concentrate on Zhan Zhuang... the positive effects do take a long time, so you'll need to be patient.

Hi Miffmog,

Experiential patience is an essential part of the long path...

Perhaps you may like to incorporate the chakras - there are in-depth synergies.

- LimA